In this Discussion

To those who I may have offended, I apologize

edited November -1 in OK Go
Apparently taking a lead in OK Go boardie world isn't such a good thing after all. Having received three "not very pleasant" messages from you boardies, it's clear I'm not comfortable here. I arrived with ideas as to how we could help the boys conquer the universe. Instead I'm finding myself receiving criticism for being the newbie.

This was never about myself. I was just itching for a way to be creative with other OK Go fans. Sorry if I hurt any feelings or stepped on any toes. EmbarassedCryConfusedSurprised

Comments

• wow. this message really made me go "awww!" Frown you shouldn't let people get you down! you are just as welcome here as anyone else. i dont know why people would complain. i don't exactly know what i'm doing most of the time and i never get yelled at. lol but at least you are apologizing and that's cool. Cool

i havent really benefited you any by replying back because this clearly wasn't written for me, (but it's midnight-30 and im putting off an english project) and i just thought i should stop and comment instead of just lurking around. hehe. byee Laugh!
  • Jim, I'm not sure what messages you mean, so it's hard to know how to address what's troubling you. But if you've gotten some sort of negative feedback, do balance it against the positive messages you've gotten. There's a whole thread of welcomes for you... that's a lovely thing. I hope you will come to find this a comfortable place again. It IS a good place to come and be creative with other OK Go fans. Smile
  • wait whaaa? o.O so confuzzled. 

So sorry this got called off! Was stoked abt getting involved :( x
  • To fill in anyone who may have missed, I received three very caustic PMs (one with homophobic implications) in response to my idea for Project X. This was right around the time when we watched the exclusive and "official" video production company hatch before our very eyes.

And suddenly just like that, it's the 90's all over again again. This is SO deja vu to an experience I had working with a label back then. I thought OK Go had changed the music business. Unfortunately many of their followers have just dragged the big record label mentality right back to the present and into the OK Go inner sanctum.

I will forward the offensive comments to the board admins for them to deal with. And I have a few carefully chosen words of caution about my experience in the past week here that I will forward to the band's management.

Thanks to those of you who made me feel welcome. And to those of you "official" folks, for me you have destroyed the one very special thing the band had going for them. Best of luck with your plans.

Th-th-th-th-that's all folks.
  • Wow.. so I really don't know what could've happened, but I hope you realize that whatever it was isn't usual among the boardies.. and I'm sorry that it happened.  :/

I wish I could say more on the subject, but I seem to be missing a rather large part of the story...
  • Honestly Jim (if you're still reading, and I hope you are), the "official" production company was borne of the same thing that inspired your project X - the White Knuckles vid we all did together. KristaMichelle put all the footage for that video together. After it was done, she wanted to continue with other projects. She came up with a cute and snappy name for it and started emailing other boardies righ about the same time you started emailing folks about your Project X. I know because you both included me in your plans. Now, If I understand your post correctly, someone sent you some nasty comments on the same day Krista posted her announcement. That is crappy. I am very sorry someone sent you nasty comments. Usually this board is full of friendly people and we try very hard to keep the positivity going. But as far as Krista is concerned I think you'd be better served to see that this could actually be a coincidence, because as far as I can tell, it is. The fact that you're out to get revenge on all of us now by taking this to OK Go's management is very hurtful to those of us who did not treat you cruelly.