In this Discussion

KENNEDY CENTER SHOW 6/23

edited November -1 in OK Go
I have an extra pair of tickets to this show if anyone missed out in the lottery.  The seats aren't great, First Tier Row C, but better than not being there at all.

Comments

• You are KILLING me!  I want to go so bad I can't stand it, but I can't afford to go.  You know, getting all the way up to D.C. and all.  Bummer.  I just wanted to let you know that it is really generous to offer the tickets.
  • Piffle, there will be other shows
  • For everyone who can't make the show, they'll be streaming it live!!! They just announced it in the newsletter that went out last night:

Album Release Party at the Kennedy Center.

OK Go will be celebrating the release of 180/365 with a
    very special free performance at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C.
    on June 23rd. Don't live in D.C. or even on the North American
    continent? Not a problem. We will be video streaming the concert, live
    and in its entirety, on the OK Go YouTube Channel. Full details on the event are here. See you there.

Well, they won't see us, but we will see them!
  • Woot!  Not there, but pretty close.  I am so happy!
  • beckysioux said:

For everyone who can't make the show, they'll be streaming it live!!! They just announced it in the newsletter that went out last night:

Album Release Party at the Kennedy Center.

OK Go will be celebrating the release of 180/365 with a

very special free performance at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C.

on June 23rd. Don't live in D.C. or even on the North American

continent? Not a problem. We will be video streaming the concert, live

and in its entirety, on the OK Go YouTube Channel. Full details on the event are here. See you there.

Well, they won't see us, but we will see them!

I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I'm only setting my alarm for a wakeup at 0600 to watch the livestream concert, dedicated fan that i am. No biggie. O.o x
  • In case you missed the livestream, here's the set list:

DWYW

Good Idea

AMW

N/G

BFK

Invincible

Return

Last Leaf

HIGA

IWYSBICB

Skyscrapers

White Knux

GOI

WTF?

In The Glass

TTSP

It was a pretty great show. Except for the "lagfetti". Seriously, every time the confetti was shot out the screen would lag and become very pixelized.

And the best part of the show was the running commentary with other Boardies on Twitter. So awesome that so many of us in different parts of the country, actually, different parts of the world were able to watch the same show at the same time. Even though we weren't actually in the same room, we were definitely together for the show.

I'm so happy that OK Go livestreams some of their shows. Especially for people who might not ever get to see a live show whether it be because of distance, financial strains or other situations.

I think that this will be archived on their YouTube channel, so if you didn't get to view it live, you can probably check their YouTube channel later and see it then.
  • I've been feeling sorry for myself since there aren't any shows remotely close to me (and flying to concerts aren't an option at this point).  I'm beyond happy that they streamed this. 

And knowing that some of the Boardies on Twitter were watching it along with me made it that much better. Smile
  • I am sorry that the guys didn't get to show the video that they wanted to, but they recovered beautifully.  I am pretty sure I saw Damian smiling despite this setback.

I almost feel like I hexed them.  I had been hoping something would go wrong so they would have to chat with us for a bit while it got fixed.  I never thought that the projector would go out though, I mean did you see how many times the roadies tested it?  By the way, does anyone know if the guy who runs the leaf blower between sets works for Paracadute or if he was just some guy working for the Kennedy Center?
  • Here is a somewhat lovely article from The Washington Post about the show last night:

At high-energy OK Go concert, all cannons firing

It should be noted that Damian wears a blue suit, not a purple suit as the article states.

Also, I got a few screen grabs from the livestream last night. I am particularly proud of this one and very grateful to the camera person who was filming this shot.

This looks just like a movie poster, doesn't it?
  • I read that as well, was gonna share but u beat me to it Becky :] 

I juz figured he was implying sth abt the whole Princeyness of OK Go (espesh Damian), so figured the purple suit thing had to do with that, but I guess it doesn't really make sense now that I read it again lol oops but anyhoo. YES HIS SUIT IS BLUE and that is all that matters ;] 

...and YES it does, that screencap was AMAZING! Hope u dun mind that I've saved a copy for my desktop!  Perfectly apt poster for a documovie titled "OK Go: The Best Band I Ever Heard", no?  I love how this shot means little to the random stranger but to the people on this thread, this shot is worth more than a thousand thoughts, feels and emotions. Powerful stuff indeed :] x
  • Excuase my chatspeak french, but wtf?  How in hell did I miss that?

I'm so mad right now.. I could've watched it last night too.  Gffffff.  ><
  • beckysioux said:

Also, I got a few screen grabs from the livestream last night. I am particularly proud of this one and very grateful to the camera person who was filming this shot.

This looks just like a movie poster, doesn't it?

Love it.

Thanks for the new wallpaper.
  • http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/at-high-energy-ok-go-concert-all-cannons-firing/2011/06/23/AGMCiIiH_story.html

I like this person :)

and I don't have any comments on this show or event whatsover other than that, okay

#heartbrokentopieces

can't believe I missed this awesome chance of ''seeing'' an OK Go concert with other boardies. :(
  • Why do they give Andy the big honking giant bells to play?  Does he have the stronges arms?  I would have thought that Dan would.
  • It used to be Tim with the biggest bell, when they did WTD.  Maybe it's just a question of arrangement.