In this Discussion

OK Go Fan Art

Comments

• daisychains said:

I drew Damian. I saw a picture of him screaming at the crowd, and I just had to draw it.

http://oi54.tinypic.com/sewy91.jpg

LOVE!!! LaughLaughLaugh
  • Thanks Tacturn!
  • daisychains that is an amazing drawing!
  • :) Thanks!
  • I totally second what Silver12 said. :D
  • I forgot to post this back at Easter. I made eggs.

They're not the best looking, but they were certainly delish.
  • Not long after the 8in8 album was released, I started listening to One Tiny Thing non-stop (I wonder why) and during the course of an extra long shower session, I randomly started dreaming up alternative lyrics to the song (they rhyme! well…kinda anyway) – more like a Part II to the song where the lyrics expand on Damian's concept of a tiny thing falling out of place and causing damage to an already toxic relationship (i.e. those that go on and on where the parties break up / kiss & make up / break up / kiss & make up etcetc). *breathe* that was a long sentence. o.O 

The only reason I'm putting it here is coz I'm not sure where else I'd put it, so let's just for now call it "literary art" (altho it's nth of that sort – I've never written so much as a poem all my life, much less lyrics lol).  And now that my intro is done, here goes: 

One tiny thing out of place

One tiny thing is all it takes

One tiny truth became a lie

One tiny truth became a lie 

Will I regret my last goodbye?

And is this really where it ends? 

Is this really where it ends, my darling? 

One thing 

One thing out of place 

One tiny spark in the dark

One tiny spark in the dark

Is all we need to make it start

One tiny push and then we're through

One tiny push and then we're through

But I still can't get over you

And is this really where it ends? 

Is this really where it ends, my darling? 

One thing 

How long's it been since we were apart?

How long's it been since we were apart? 

How long since I mended my heart?

We laugh, we cry, we break and then

We laugh, we cry, we break and then

Oh babe, now here it goes again (tee hee!)

And is this really where it ends? 
    Oh is this really where it ends, my darling?
    One thing
    One thing out of place
    And is this really where it ends?
    Coz there's this one thing that doesn't change, my darling
    One thing
    Hmm doesn't change
    I love you.  

Thaz it from me, hope you likey! :] x 
  • That's really beautiful, Jolean. :-)
  • Aww :) thx rachel! Means so much more to me, your words straight fm a real singer-songwriter - or do u prefer the snazzier ROCKSTAR BITCH? ;) x
  • I don't know how to post pictures! I drew a picture and I tried to put it up but it won't show and I'm a little confused. Help, please and thank you? Laugh
  • magnoliamaggiemag said:

I don't know how to post pictures! I drew a picture and I tried to put it up but it won't show and I'm a little confused. Help, please and thank you? Laugh

I did a tutorial on this awhile back. Let me go find it for you...

OK, back.  That was a very random place to find it.  Oi, aross, the search function sucks.  Smooches!

Anyway, here we are:

We love newbies.  Quick tutorial on photo posting:

See when you post in the toolbar there's the little icon with the tree?  Click it. The only field that is absolutely necessary is the "Image URL" field.  The others are optional, but some of them (specifically the dimensions) are helpful.  Copy the Image URL into the field.  If the photo isn't ginonormous, then click OK and you're done.  If the photo IS ginormous, enter a smallish number into one of the dimension fields.  Smallish meaning around 500 or so (think in terms of number of pixels). 

I didn't think the photo would be ginormous, but it is, and now I need to fix it.  How?  Ah, young padawan, quite simply.  Click the photo so that it's selected, then click your tree icon again.  The dialogue box will come up again with the dimensions filled in.  Take the numbers in those fields and divide by two or three (depending on just how ginormous the photo is).  Then click OK and the problem is solved!

How do I get the Image URL in the first place? Ah young padawan, quite simply.  Your photo has to be uploaded somewhere else (like flickr or facebook, for example).  Right click on it, select "Properties," and a new box comes up.  There will be a URL (web address) towards the bottom of that box.  That's the info you need.  Some browsers also have an option to "copy photo location" in their right click menus.

laydeejol said:

Aww :) thx rachel! Means so much more to me, your words straight fm a real singer-songwriter - or do u prefer the snazzier ROCKSTAR BITCH? ;) x

LOLOLOL.  Just seeing this now.  Sorry.  Don't know how I missed it before.  But I love it. :D  Just remember, I'm not the bitch.  The guy I'm singing to is.  There's a comma.

Aaaaand Math Win.  23, bitches.  (see, very important comma)
  • AAAHH can't believe i missed that fm the title and lyrics o.O sorz rach i meant to call u bitch in the coolest, most kickassiest way possible. ABSOLUTE COMPLIMENT, i swear! :] x
  • I just want to say that I have greatly enjoyed this thread today. You all are so talented!
  • Okay, so I'm gonna try and post a picture. Daisychains inspired me to do my own version of the Kulash. I did a couple but I liked this one the best:

Damian Kulash

Sorry it's sideways. You get the idea though :) I'm no expert at drawing, so for me, this is my best one yet.
  • That looks so awesome, Magnolia! :D
  • laydeejol said:

AAAHH can't believe i missed that fm the title and lyrics o.O sorz rach i meant to call u bitch in the coolest, most kickassiest way possible. ABSOLUTE COMPLIMENT, i swear! :] x

It's 100% okay.  People walk up to me on the street and say "Hey Rockstar Bitch." 

No, I'm not kidding.
  • I don;t know how to just post the picture, but I think you need a Tumblr or something, which I don't have, so link:

http://dreamwithwildhorses.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3l3udz

(after the 4th of July Freedom Fest in O'Fallon)

So I walked up to Damian after the concert, and even though I'd run through my head a million times exactly what I'd say and exactly what I'd have signed if I met Damian, actually meeting him threw all those things down the drain. The first thing that I said was, "Damian! I made OK Go earrings, but they broke!" (they had broken in the middle of the concert during Here It Goes again, because I was jumping up and down so much they fell apart.) When he looked up an acknowledged my existence, I swear my heart stop beating for a few seconds. "Can I see them?" he asked, sort of excitedly. At this point I was absolutely in love. "Yeah," I answered, reaching into my pocket and pulling out the remains of my OK Go earrings that I had spent two hours making. "Oh, they're made of duct tape! That's so cool!" I wasn't breathing. I was living off of the moment. He looked at them for awhile more. "They're not broken, they just need mending!" he continued. "Yeah, mending..." I replied, trying to sound casual. I seriously wasn't breathing. I swear I couldn't breath. "Do you mind if I write on them?" he asked me. I stuttered for a moment in reply. Damian Kulash was asking if he could sign something. No request from me required. "I- Yeah, I'd love you if you'd write on them!" I said awkwardly. He didn't notice, or he pretended he didn't notice. He concentrated as he wrote tiny letters onto the bright pink 'G.' He gave the eight duct-tape letters back to me, and I took them from his out-stretched hand, hoping he wouldn't notice as my hand lingered on his for a smidge longer than required. I ran off into the night, silently screaming to myself.
  • I've gotcha, Hiding_In_The_Dark,  honey:

• violetchaos364 said:

I've gotcha, Hiding_In_The_Dark,  honey:

How do you DO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT?!?!
  • Hiding_In_The_Dark said:

violetchaos364 said:

I've gotcha, Hiding_In_The_Dark,  honey:

How do you DO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT?!?!

Rachel posted the instructions on how to post a picture a few posts above this one. Here's a link for future reference: Click me.

Also, I'm so very happy you got to meet Damian. He is one of the nicest guys ever. And yes, he was very sweaty that night. Have you visited the O'Fallon thread?