In this Discussion

2011 Accolades for OK Go

edited November -1 in OK Go
Let's start a tradition.

Rachel started this last year with 2010. So let's make this the "one place where we post all of the blogs/websites/wherever that list OK Go in their "Top X Singles of 2011" lists."

And the first article is:

The Most Awesome Music Videos of 2011 from Yahoo! Music. The boys come in at #8 for their cover of "The Muppet Show Theme". Why don't we watch it again:

Comments

• The boys are again at #8, this time for The Clickiest Viral Videos Of 2011, also from Yahoo! Music.
    Allergic to whole wheat.
  • I'm not really sure if I should put this here, but I wanted to document the glaring errors of this review: 

2011 - the best of a non-vintage year

"The 15 shows/recordings/events that I will remember 2011 for:

7. OK Go, The Muppet Theme video. You can call me cranky and heartless for not getting teary-eyed over the new Muppets movie or dismissive of OK Go's unnecessary live CD 180/365 (Paracadute Records) but the video of the Muppet's theme song is an uproarious, vulgar send-up of both groups. Pretty-boy vocalist Damien Kulash jr. wakes up in bed in a cold sweat to find (horrors!!!) Miss Piggy in there with him; before the clip is over, OK Go has been turned
    into Muppets themselves."

#1 The video was vulgar? Where?

#2 It's DamiAn.

#3 He wakes up between Animal and Dr. Teeth. Then he wakes up between Dr. Teeth and Andy.

#4 Um, they weren't turned into Muppets. At all.

I'm thinking that this guy didn't even watch the video.
    Allergic to whole wheat.
  • They were turned into Muppets in the fact that during the guitar solo their lower halves are greenscreened out and it looks like the Muppets are controlling them.  I think that's what the guy meant.
  • Well, Damian IS pretty.  At least he got that right.