In this Discussion

Beautiful People Thread

Comments

• Dennis Brown R.I.P... stupid cocaine sad.gif

and since I have a new Keane friend on here! hey bedshaped!

The Temptations.... lol they make me so happy sometimes...

oh ya andddd!

Torquil Campbel... oh how I heart theee

• QUOTE (Felster @ Mar 12 2008, 03:37 PM)
    I love John too.. i just can never find a decent picture that captures his essence! Yours comes close though tongue.gif. OO but, i love his pre-shave scruff! His guitar solos are kick ass.

Me and mel met them 2 summers ago. They were really nice and talked to us for a minute even though it looked like they were just about to leave. I wont post my picture with Jack... I look really stupid in it tongue.gif.

It's REALLY hard to, I think... I personally don't mind the scruff either... it was the Jesus-hair that threw me off... however, no matter what his hairstyle is... you can't help but notice those striking blue eyes!!

haha Jack is a straight up TRIP. I'll post the pic of him in and my friend when I get my hands on it... I just love 'em

and Mel! Could we like any more of the same bands?!? i LOVE Keane! I saw them a couple summers ago and instantly fell in love smile.gif
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Mar 12 2008, 04:58 PM)
    and Mel! Could we like any more of the same bands?!? i LOVE Keane! I saw them a couple summers ago and instantly fell in love smile.gif

you obviously have excellent taste in music wink.gif

lol most like all you lovelies on this board
  • well... i've been obsessed with this fellow for... quite some time now, but since i don't OWN any of his movies (?????) i forget every now and then...

but he's on will & grace right now...

tom everett scott

edit: i have "that thing you do" durrrr. i do love me some ethan embry too wink.gif and i do enjoy steve zahn!
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Mar 12 2008, 01:26 PM)
    and since I have a new Keane friend on here! hey bedshaped!
    The Temptations.... lol they make me so happy sometimes...

I dig Keane as well. And since they come so highly recommended here, I shall check out the trews.
    And the temptations thing, mel and fel just = awesome. 60s music makes me so happy.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Mar 12 2008, 08:54 AM)
    qui es?

He's my boyfriend
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Mar 12 2008, 10:39 PM)
    well... i've been obsessed with this fellow for... quite some time now, but since i don't OWN any of his movies (?????) i forget every now and then...

but he's on will & grace right now...

tom everett scott

edit: i have "that thing you do" durrrr. i do love me some ethan embry too wink.gif and i do enjoy steve zahn!

SHADES!
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Mar 12 2008, 10:39 PM)
    Tom everett scott

Ummm, Yes!

O man, I love that movie.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Mar 15 2008, 01:34 PM)
    SHADES!

Haha yes!! I think he's the cutest thing ever smile.gif
    cool.gif

I just hope I'm not the only one who thinks so biggrin.gif wub.gif
  • hahhaha Felster, Rollo Puzz and I totally saw them before.... talked to josh(??thats his name right... singer/blue hair guy) and the drummer (ian?)... plus got a pic with the singer. even threw pogs on them... they were amused by us.

also josh told me that the part in the starting of that vid with the floating heads is a tribute to Queen! I totally knew it!

yeah... rad.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/melissaphonep...in/photostream/
  • You got a picture with Josh?! ohmy.gif
    NOw all the little fangirlies trample him, and you have to wait in line for an hour to get a picture

i got a picture with Ian and Mike though
    not matt... He was being swarmed too.
    Stephen Chow

I'm pretty sure Kung Fu Hustle is (and always will be) one of those movies I can watch over and over and still think is absolutely fantastic. And Shaolin Soccer is just ridiculous.

The battle with the Harpists? Fantastic every single time.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq84WO_zubQ...feature=related
  • ooo do you like other kung fu movies? I love em. Bruce lee is basicly the original master. They even tried to make a CGI movie staring him. It would of been interesting, but the project was scrapped http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77IR-y_1Z6Q from 1:33 and on, it looks pretty choice.

epic.

i luv this one tongue.gif
  • I looooove Kung Fu movies, though really my love began with Chow and I really haven't expanded too much.

Except for "Ong-Bak" which is so terrible it's fantastic (in terms of plot-line), but may have one of THE BEST chase scenes of all time:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lES8JH2-b5o...feature=related (just start at 1:00ish)

THOUGH! I have seen part of Fist of Fury (though not enough to actually count). In terms of Bruce Lee, with what movie should I start? I feel like I should get a good collection going.
  • actually the only bruce lee movie i have on DVD is "Enter the Dragon". Its supposedly the first kung fu movie made in Hollywood, and chuck norris gets his butt whooped in it.

MEL LETS WATCH IT TONIGHT!

the rest ive seen on tv as a kid and always loved em'. Mind you though, they are pretty dated. Kinda sexist sometimes as well, but i still love it. the movie before enter the dragon, "Way of the dragon" has a final mirror scene that will stick with me for the rest of my life.
  • I WILL WATCH IT ALL!

I agree about the little bit sexist part, but that's kind of why I love Chow. He definitely makes a bunch of jokes regarding women (but I figure it's on par with any other American comedy that comes out nowadays), but a bunch of the ladies in his movies are pretty bad-ass.
    Case and point: Mui in Shaolin Soccer and the Landlady in Kung Fu Hustle. I've realized that the latter is everyone's favorite upon watching Kung Fu Hustle.

Also, upon doing some research, Chow apparently has been able to convince a number of kung fu cinematic legends to act for him (namely Sui-Lung Leung who plays "the Beast," who hadn't appeared in films for 15 years yet Chow convinced him to be in the movie).

Uggggh, I love Chow so much it's ridiculous.

Also, I really want to learn Cantonese. For some reason, I find the language really beautiful. I think it's because I like the tonal way of speaking.
  • Alex Turner smile.gif

(He may already be on here somewhere? Sorry...I didn't feel like looking through the pages I haven't seen yet, haha)

Mathieu Amalric (actor from The Diving Bell and the Butterfly)

Eight of my favouritest people ever?

Yes, please.