In this Discussion

Music Forum/Rooney Hate

edited November -1 in General Discussion
1) You know how we would always make fun of Rooney here because their fans are crazy and their shows are so boring and etc etc etc? Well my hatred for Rooney has reached its peak. I no longer enjoy their music. At first I just refused to go to their shows because instead of energizing their audience, they actually seem to suck the energy out of me! I would still listen to the CD and stuff though, but now when they come on my playlist I skip them. I just thought i'd announce this sad fact. mellow.gif How's everyone elses Roony relationship going?

2) Seriously, Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, why the H don't we have a forum for discussing other music/bands and how much better OK Go is than them?

Comments

• yea i agree.....

we shud have one in the ohter stuff called "other bands" or something heh
  • eh, I've lost interest in rooney. I thought they were pretty good live...but I saw them once....over a year ago...and I'd jsut gotten their cd earlier that day. But seriously, they've got some of the most annoying fans ever. (not anyone here, if they like rooney, but the kind of girls that are all "ohmigooooooosh robert totally just looooked right. at. me. that mean's he's totally in love with me!!" end parentheses.) come on, people, get over it. They do not like you. They do not know your name. They do not want to have babies with you.
  • Mary, yes, so true. And they scream so high-pitchedly. When we went to a Rooney show once after the opening bands were done these girls started like putting on their lip gloss in preperation for Rooney to come out and we were like, "What do they think Rooney's going to come out and be like, 'what is that light reflecting in my face? Oh my god it's that girl's lipgloss. Her lips are so shiny, I am in love with her!'" And they think Rooney are like really sweet and innocent, which is just ignorant since like most bands, they are drugged-up sluts.
  • Gah. I still love love love Rooney. And if they ever come here, I doubt I'll have any problem seeing them because I know of only a few people who have heard of them before me. :X
  • whoa, i don't even remember the last time i listened to rooney. seriously, i don't. so i don't really know how my "rooney relations" are going. huh.gif

man, those gals with the gloss cracked me up. they were so excited! i'm chuckling to myself as i type... laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (WeMadeShirts @ Jan 12 2005, 10:43 PM)
    And they think Rooney are like really sweet and innocent, which is just ignorant since like most bands, they are drugged-up sluts.

They aren't sweet and innocent, I'm sure, but that seems like it needs to be part of their "image". They play nice, poppy-rock, so they should to personify that. It's just eaiser for people to understand. If they dressed like hardcore punks or something, people would be slightly confused. Plus, with a lot of young fans, they don't want people to think they're "scary", because parents would let their kids go to their concerts, with would cause the band to lose money. The younger fans usually bring a parent or some sort of chaperone to a show. Or at least I did and still do sometimes.
    At least, that's the way I see it. haha.

/rant.

ps: did that make any sense? sorry if it didn't. smile.gif
  • Well, I have never once seen nor heard Rooney try to conceal their drug usage and looseness. So I think it has little to do with them and how they act, I just think it's sad when these young girls look up to them and actually defend them. I mean it's sad when people are defending a lie. I don't think Rooney are "punk" in personality or anything, I mean you can be nice and you can dress normally but still be on drugs and having sex with groupies and what not. One's personality is not always a dead giveaway to one's actions, nor does it need to be. I just wish these girls knew, because I know when I was younger and I thought some people/bands seemed like "nice, normal, down-to-earth" people, I felt... let down to find out otherwise. I mean it's their right to be how they want, but I feel bad about if/when these kids find out they were defending someone who didn't deserve it.

Also I understand if Rooney is trying to be marketable and what not, but I can't say I have a lot of respect for them if they're going about it by lying and posing. I understand they want to get theirs, but since a lot of their fans are so young I kind of think they have a responsibility to them to be ethical.
  • I had stopped listening to Rooney ever since their July 3rd show in Chicago...until 3 days ago when I'm a terrible person popped into my head. So I busted out the CD and after a 6 month break, I'm okay with them again. Their fans on the other hand... blink.gif

And I agree, we need an Other Music forum!
  • QUOTE (WeMadeShirts @ Jan 14 2005, 12:33 AM)
    Well, I have never once seen nor heard Rooney try to conceal their drug usage and looseness. So I think it has little to do with them and how they act, I just think it's sad when these young girls look up to them and actually defend them. I mean it's sad when people are defending a lie. I don't think Rooney are "punk" in personality or anything, I mean you can be nice and you can dress normally but still be on drugs and having sex with groupies and what not. One's personality is not always a dead giveaway to one's actions, nor does it need to be. I just wish these girls knew, because I know when I was younger and I thought some people/bands seemed like "nice, normal, down-to-earth" people, I felt...  let down to find out otherwise. I mean it's their right to be how they want, but I feel bad about if/when these kids find out they were defending someone who didn't deserve it.

Also I understand if Rooney is trying to be marketable and what not, but I can't say I have a lot of respect for them if they're going about it by lying and posing. I understand they want to get theirs, but since a lot of their fans are so young I kind of think they have a responsibility to them to be ethical.

before this, I really did have no idea that they were druggies and manwhores. But, I can't say I'm totally surprised. That may be because I haven't been to their website, or even listened to them in months.
    I wouldn't defend aspects of their lives that I knew nothing about, though, if I don't have facts about something, I try not to say a lot about it. (yeah, hypocrite, I know, because before I was going on about their image. And, now that I've re-read it...it really has nothing to do with anything else.)
    But really, I don't know much about them other than their music, so I'm kind of ranting on nothing here. which....I do a lot. Me+music=trying to sound intelligent. hahahaha.
  • pshaw, it's cool, i've done it! I love that you used the word manwhores! wink.gif

I have a weird thing though, where when I was young and I found out band boys weren't so nice, I felt totally disappointed. I knew I shouldn't have been surprised, but it just happened that way. I guess I just don't want other people to feel disappointed too.
  • How can you not like rooney. they are such a good band
  • At first felt really bad for Robert because I was so mean to him during our first meeting but now I don't care. In fact, I think I might have done him some good. Brought him back down to earth a bit. I know for sure if I had gone to that show with Julie and T that one time I would have punched Taylor's lights out. That's for sure!

Music-wise: meh, I've heard better. They're okay.
  • Yeah, i'll listen to them again now. Not so much voluntarily though, lol. And yeah most def. don't beworried about knocking Robert down a few notches. Celebrities get far too much positive attention anyways, he he he. And I wish you had been there to defend T's honor, I was so taken aback by his rudeness that I was not able to form an appropriate reaction. he he.
  • What kind of fans are Ronney fans
  • yah, i'm a rooney fan . but i have to agree, that stupid teeny bopper fans aka OMG Robert is so hot fans. gets to me. i've been to 2 rooney shows and the 2nd show i really wasn't that wowed about it, unlike the first one. i have to agree the energy felt like it was being sucked out of me. plus also the 2nd show, it felt like the guys didn't even want to bother w/their fans. which was the total opposite when i saw them the 1st time @ the enlightment tour. *shrugs* i don't think i'll see another show of theirs. plus i haven't listen to their album or songs in 6 months. i've been listening to spoon and hot hot heat alot more.
  • am i all super dumb and out of the loop to not know who rooney are?

the only rooney i know of is the fat one who plays for Man U
  • QUOTE (vinyl_days @ Mar 18 2005, 05:03 AM)
    plus i haven't listen to their album or songs in 6 months. i've been listening to spoon and hot hot heat alot more.

I haven't listen to their music for a long time too. Btw, Spoon released new stuff?

Head Full Of Crazy--Hahaha, omg, you think he's fat? Hahaha, he's a good player, I kinda like him.
  • well he is abit on the tubby side dont you think?

he is a amazing player though..
  • QUOTE (setsumi @ Mar 19 2005, 01:57 AM)
    I haven't listen to their music for a long time too.  Btw, Spoon released new stuff?

Head Full Of Crazy--Hahaha, omg, you think he's fat?  Hahaha, he's a good player, I kinda like him.

nah i'm been just listening to kill the moonlight. and just heard the new hot hot heat single on xm. damn it was soo great, i can't wait for that album to come out
  • QUOTE (vinyl_days @ Mar 19 2005, 09:54 PM)
    nah i'm been just listening to kill the moonlight. and just heard the new hot hot heat single on xm. damn it was soo great, i can't wait for that album to come out

yesyesyes
    im so so so so excited
    onlyyyyy TWO WEEKS AND THREE DAYS
    yayayay