In this Discussion

Music Forum/Rooney Hate

Comments

• QUOTE (MODERNage @ Apr 10 2005, 05:12 PM)
    There are much worse bands than Rooney out there

I wholeheartedly agree.
  • I wasn't aware this was a point of contention. But uh.. I also agree. There are some truly horrible bands out there.
  • Well, I love Rooney. Loyal fan for 3 1/2 years.

But yes, the fans are crazy.
  • haha i heard today on my xm radio, it brought back memories of my junior year in high school, when me and my friends were total dorks about them. lol its just seems like yesterday, even though its been 2 years. i've been to 2 shows, and the first show was way better, reason being their first album had not come out and no one knew who they were.
  • I saw Rooney for the first time the same time I saw OK Go the first time, when they opened for the Donnas. Same as you vinyl_days, they hadn't released their album yet.. just a little EP (which I got signed and still have somewhere, I think). I don't know, they just didn't impress me enough to make an effort to go see them again. And then they were on the OC. At that point, it totally wasn't worth it.
  • i saw them on the enlightment tour, my first concert. awww memories. they were good, but now as great as weezer, then again no one can be as great as weezer when they headlines, plus i was a little bias then, being the biggest weezer fan. the second rooney show i went to, i took my friend cause she had never been to a real show and they were in san antonio (4 hrs away), which i didn't mind. it was funny cause my friend was so nervous about looking like an ass in front of them. while me on the other hand was dying of hunger, which i learn now to always eat before a concert. but i calmed her down by making fun of all the teenyboppers by doing impression of them.

but honestly hands down, the best show i have been to is OK Go! then its weezer and Journey (yes journey, w/o steve perry), then rooney.
  • QUOTE (vinyl_days @ Apr 14 2005, 11:45 PM)
    but honestly hands down, the best show i have been to is OK Go!  then its weezer and Journey (yes journey, w/o steve perry), then rooney.

Yeay Journey! Haha some of their stuff is so corny, but you just have to sing along when you hear it! (One of my guilty pleasures is going to see 80's cover bands haha). I would love to see Weezer, I haven't been able to yet. I'm liking "Beverly Hills", I play it constantly... especially when the weather is all sunny outside, it just makes me happy, I dont' know why smile.gif
  • QUOTE (vinyl_days @ Apr 15 2005, 04:45 AM)
    i saw them on the enlightment tour, my first concert. awww memories. they were good, but now as great as weezer, then again no one can be as great as weezer when they headlines, plus i was a little bias then, being the biggest weezer fan. the second rooney show i went to, i took my friend cause she had never been to a real show and they were in san antonio (4 hrs away), which i didn't mind.  it was funny cause my friend was so nervous about looking like an ass in front of them.  while me on the other hand was dying of hunger, which i learn now to always eat before a concert. but i calmed her down by making fun of all the teenyboppers by doing impression of them.

but honestly hands down, the best show i have been to is OK Go!  then its weezer and Journey (yes journey, w/o steve perry), then rooney.

yeah. that was the first time i saw them too. the weezer tour. and i saw them shortly after, and it was okay with a few annoying people. then the next time i saw them it was just awful. i cant imagine how bad it is now that they released their album.
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Apr 14 2005, 11:02 PM)
    Yeay Journey! Haha some of their stuff is so corny, but you just have to sing along when you hear it! (One of my guilty pleasures is going to see 80's cover bands haha). I would love to see Weezer, I haven't been able to yet. I'm liking "Beverly Hills", I play it constantly... especially when the weather is all sunny outside, it just makes me happy, I dont' know why  smile.gif

your awesome sweetpea! my dad's like a huge fan of them, so of course i got into them. its funny cause i will start singing it and all my friends are like what the hell are you singing!

weezer was awesome, i sang to every song i took my cousin w/me (who isn't that big of a weezer fan) and i think she wanted to hit me cause i was singing to every single song.

yah @ first i didn't like the new song, but after hearing it a bunch of times, it has grown on me!
  • QUOTE (zenitram @ Apr 15 2005, 12:06 AM)
    yeah.  that was the first time i saw them too.  the weezer tour.  and i saw them shortly after, and it was okay with a few annoying people.  then the next time i saw them it was just awful.  i cant imagine how bad it is now that they released their album.

yah it was annoying, for some weird reason, some chick was doing the robot before the set, for attention from everyone. i yelled @ her to stop cause she's ruining the dance move. then she gave me some mean looked and walked off. i laughed.
  • QUOTE (vinyl_days @ Apr 15 2005, 10:11 AM)
    your awesome sweetpea! my dad's like a huge fan of them, so of course i got into them. its funny cause i will start singing it and all my friends are like what the hell are you singing!

Same here! My parents listened to all that stuff, Rush, REO Speedwagon, Tom Petty, Steve Miller Band... needless to say, I listen to a wide variety of music! I get the weird stares when I'm singing along too smile.gif
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Apr 15 2005, 09:18 AM)
    Same here! My parents listened to all that stuff, Rush, REO Speedwagon, Tom Petty, Steve Miller Band... needless to say, I listen to a wide variety of music! I get the weird stares when I'm singing along too smile.gif

awww i love all those bands. but i really really love the cars, elo, the eagles and cheap trick. and elton john is so awesome. yah they get annoyed when i hear them in the car, i feel like telling them you don't like it you can so walk if you want. lol
  • Shut up! Are you kidding about Elton John? Cause I'm going to see him next weekend, no joke! I love him! I paid insane amounts of money for tickets to see him smile.gif
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Apr 15 2005, 09:24 AM)
    Shut up! Are you kidding about Elton John? Cause I'm going to see him next weekend, no joke! I love him! I paid insane amounts of money for tickets to see him  smile.gif

OMG, i would love to see elton john live, but i don't have the sweet $$$$! you have to tell me how the concert was!
  • Yeah, the regular seats (first section) were like $85 each, and as a college student, I don't have that much money to shell out..

I'm such a hippocrite though, cause my road trip to see OK Go cost me more than that..

But anyways, I got some discount seats. I'm so excited, because this tour he's playing a lot of of his old songs too! I'll definitely let you know how it goes!
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Apr 15 2005, 10:28 AM)
    Yeah, the regular seats (first section) were like $85 each, and as a college student, I don't have that much money to shell out..

I'm such a hippocrite though, cause my road trip to see OK Go cost me more than that..

But anyways, I got some discount seats. I'm so excited, because this tour he's playing a lot of of his old songs too! I'll definitely let you know how it goes!

lol yah my road trip caused me more then that too, but it was worth to see OK Go.
    awesome, love benny and the jets. i would love to hear that one live.
  • you're so lucky! my best friend is going to see elton john...I couldn't afford it:( she paid insane money...but it's totally worth it.

my sister is insanely in love with Rush. I think she saw them twice in three days or something. Yeah, and she thinks I'm crazy for wanting to see OK Go again. Rush is one expensive concert...whereas OK Go is not and you get to meet the boys. Hmmm...I think I'm totally in the right here biggrin.gif
  • ive still no idea who the hell rooney are

are there fans still mental?
    why was everyone ignoring me when i was a noobie?
    am i really this bored to find this thread?
    do i ever spell things wrong?
  • You spelled bored wrong and I actually had to reread the sentence to figure out what you meant haha. You didn't miss anything by not listening to Rooney, I don't even know if they still exist.
  • apprently one of my friends just got into them

hence me tracking this down