In this Discussion

Chicago Show(s)

edited November -1 in OK Go
Who is going?

I'm going alone to the show at the Empty Bottle, sad stuff.
I'll buy someone a drink if they hang out with me.
Hahaha.
That's sad. huh.gif

Comments

• i'll hang out with you...
    don't expect to hear me say anything though...
    haha...
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Feb 3 2005, 09:38 PM)
    i'll hang out with you...
    don't expect to hear me say anything though...
    haha...

Haha, don't worry about it.
    I don't speak much either in reality. ohmy.gif
  • I'll be there on the 20th.
  • Does anyone know anything about the show on the 19th? I have never heard of Open End Gallery, and I can't seem to find much on it. There is no possible way I can make the show on the 20th at good ol' Empty Bottle, though I would love to...
  • QUOTE (monkey7 @ Feb 4 2005, 03:44 PM)
    Does anyone know anything about the show on the 19th?  I have never heard of Open End Gallery, and I can't seem to find much on it. 

all ages, $12...
    Open End Gallery
    2000 W Fulton, Suite 310
    Chicago, IL

http://emptybottlepresents.musictoday.com/...s/calendar.aspx
  • Wow! You ask and you shall receive.... Thanks Darbie! I wish some of you were able to go on the 19th.... sad.gif Damn having a corporate job on Monday through Friday!
  • QUOTE (monkey7 @ Feb 4 2005, 04:00 PM)
    Wow!  You ask and you shall receive.... Thanks Darbie!  I wish some of you were able to go on the 19th....  sad.gif  Damn  having a corporate job on Monday through Friday!

I'll be there if that makes any difference to you smile.gif
  • i'm beginning to seriously doubt my ability to go. blah.
    it's a grades issue. it's like i can never fucking win with my mom, but that rant is for a different time.

but i'm going to try my best to make it.
  • QUOTE (minia @ Feb 4 2005, 07:50 PM)
    i'm beginning to seriously doubt my ability to go. blah.
    it's a grades issue. it's like i can never fucking win with my mom, but that rant is for a different time.

but i'm going to try my best to make it.

just "Spend the night" at someone's house.
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Feb 4 2005, 09:05 PM)
    just "Spend the night" at someone's house.

dude, sai's mom.. so not letting that happen.
  • QUOTE (melanie @ Feb 4 2005, 11:15 PM)
    dude, sai's mom.. so not letting that happen.

hmm good point

she can go to her dad's house! and then "spend the night" w/o her mom knowing!
  • hahaha i love how that was answered already. its so true. 7th grade was my cutoff for sleepovers dude. my mom's no idiot she has 3 other kids besides me who have used every effing thing in the book already. damn them.

ive used the staying at the cousins apt too much too, she doesn't like that anymore. haha my dad is like a non-parent, which is fine with me, he's cool with everything and anything. oh man. i cant just stay at my dad's randomly either it's not that easy. custody is a bitch.
  • QUOTE (minia @ Feb 5 2005, 12:03 AM)
    hahaha i love how that was answered already. its so true. 7th grade was my cutoff for sleepovers dude. my mom's no idiot she has 3 other kids besides me who have used every effing thing in the book already. damn them.

ive used the staying at the cousins apt too much too, she doesn't like that anymore. haha my dad is like a non-parent, which is fine with me, he's cool with everything and anything. oh man. i cant just stay at my dad's randomly either it's not that easy. custody is a bitch.

EXCEPT HE'S NOT EASY WHEN IT COMES TO MEETING ME pshaw.
  • hahah that is because it was like not a very long time after i reallllllly screwed up and he got mad about that big time, but he's so over it now. he's even buying me a car which i thought would never happen.
  • QUOTE (minia @ Feb 5 2005, 12:50 AM)
    hahah that is because it was like not a very long time after i reallllllly screwed up and he got mad about that big time, but he's so over it now. he's even buying me a car which i thought would never happen.

haha okay then
    next time i go to chicago (which will be NEVERRR since my parents and brother get to go ALL THE TIME and not take me), I will meet you! yay!
  • QUOTE (melanie @ Feb 4 2005, 06:33 PM)
    I'll be there if that makes any difference to you smile.gif

Of COURSE it makes a difference to me! Yay! We will have to meet up at the show! I am buying tickets sometime this week when I find out for sure who will be joining me. I think three of my friends will accompany me. smile.gif
  • So, according to that link, are the Open End Gallery and the Empty Bottle the same place, or related or something?

I'm not sure, I'm from Milwaukee and don't know the Chicago area.. I'm wanting to get tickets to the show on the 19th ahead of time.
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Feb 6 2005, 09:32 PM)
    So, according to that link, are the Open End Gallery and the Empty Bottle the same place, or related or something?

I'm not sure, I'm from Milwaukee and don't know the Chicago area.. I'm wanting to get tickets to the show on the 19th ahead of time.

I'm pretty sure they're different places.
    I bought my tickets ahead of time, just because I'm paranoid.
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Feb 6 2005, 10:32 PM)
    So, according to that link, are the Open End Gallery and the Empty Bottle the same place, or related or something?

they are owned by the same people.
  • QUOTE (minia @ Feb 6 2005, 10:35 PM)
    they are owned by the same people.

Oh, ok. Makes sense. Does that mean that the Open End Gallery show is 21+?