In this Discussion

Chicago Show(s)

2»

Comments

• QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Feb 6 2005, 09:43 PM)
    Oh, ok. Makes sense. Does that mean that the Open End Gallery show is 21+?

Open End is all ages.
    The show at the Empty Bottle is 21+
  • yup. open end gallery and logan square auditorium are both owned by the same people who own the empty bottle, but the empty bottle is the only one that's 21+... the other 2 are 99 percent of the time all ages. except logan square it temporarily closed, but it's a way better venue and now i am obviously rambling.
  • QUOTE (minia @ Feb 6 2005, 11:09 PM)
    yup. open end gallery and logan square auditorium are both owned by the same people who own the empty bottle, but the empty bottle is the only one that's 21+... the other 2 are 99 percent of the time all ages. except logan square it temporarily closed, but it's a way better venue and now i am obviously rambling.

LOL, no minia, thank you! I didn't know anything at all, and that really helped.
  • I'd thought seriously to attend the show on 19th, but I gave up the plan. I'm a coward and can't hang out alone at nigh in the US. unsure.gif

It's general question though, how do you go to the venue, by your own car or by taxi? I've never attend a show in the US, so I'm wondering.
  • QUOTE (newediamiya @ Feb 12 2005, 02:32 PM)
    I'd thought seriously to attend the show on 19th, but I gave up the plan. I'm a coward and can't hang out alone at nigh in the US. unsure.gif

It's general question though, how do you go to the venue, by your own car or by taxi? I've never attend a show in the US, so I'm wondering.

I'm driving down with a few friends from Milwaukee. We're all car-pooling, and we're going to spend the day shopping in town before we go to the concert.
  • QUOTE (newediamiya @ Feb 12 2005, 01:32 PM)
    I'd thought seriously to attend the show on 19th, but I gave up the plan. I'm a coward and can't hang out alone at nigh in the US. unsure.gif

Dude.
    I'd hang out with you. smile.gif
    So you wouldn't be alone..
    I drive to the venue.. but there's tons of public transportation.
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Feb 14 2005, 04:45 AM)
    I'm driving down with a few friends from Milwaukee. We're all car-pooling, and we're going to spend the day shopping in town before we go to the concert.

yea, I thought the plan on the day like you, go shopping and attend the show! Have fun and get lots of cool stuff!

QUOTE (melanie @ Feb 14 2005, 05:29 AM)
    Dude.
    I'd hang out with you.  smile.gif
    So you wouldn't be alone..
    I drive to the venue.. but there's tons of public transportation.

OMG, I wish I could know that 3 days ago! I'll go next time and come to see you.
  • Hello Everyone

Long time listener, first time poster. biggrin.gif

Ill be at the Open End show... damn the man and his rules! I dont hit 21 for 2 months! Grrrrr. dry.gif Oh well.
  • Well I'll be there tomorrow night (19th) with 2 friends. They're OKGo virgins--can you believe it?! I would love to go to the Empty Bottle show, but apparently I don't play well with kids my own age because I couldn't find a freaking 21+ friend that would go to Chicago on a Sunday night. Now who's rambling. rolleyes.gif Anyway, I'll either have a little bit of pink or platinum hair (Who knew all those other pinksters didn't wash it every day?! ew). It'd be cool to meet some of y'all. Just hope we can find our way--is there parking at the venue?
  • QUOTE (atypicaltiffany @ Feb 19 2005, 12:48 AM)
    Well I'll be there tomorrow night (19th) with 2 friends.  They're OKGo virgins--can you believe it?!  I would love to go to the Empty Bottle show, but apparently I don't play well with kids my own age because I couldn't find a freaking 21+ friend that would go to Chicago on a Sunday night.  Now who's rambling.  rolleyes.gif  Anyway, I'll either have a little bit of pink or platinum hair (Who knew all those other pinksters didn't wash it every day?!  ew).  It'd be cool to meet some of y'all.  Just hope we can find our way--is there parking at the venue?

I was going to drive in today, but I think the car show is going on and this venue is pretty much downtown. So I'm going to take the train.

There should be parking somewhere around there, it's probably expensive though.
    Maybe I'll see you there.
    i have a mullet and I'll be with a girl with black and blonde hair. cool.gif
  • bah ha ha ha ha!
    that crazy tim... laugh.gif
  • oh man. whatever he says to bring to the tucson show, im bringing. unless it's completely absurd.
  • QUOTE (RiverSylphide @ Feb 19 2005, 11:21 AM)
    bah ha ha ha ha!
    that crazy tim...  laugh.gif

didn't someone give tim underwear already?

laugh.gif
  • Since when are hairstylists real people with lives? P'sha! Mine got off early today, so my hair is going to remain the hideously uber-blonde color for tonight. I had no idea OKGo were so busy they don't have time to underwear shop. That's dedication.
  • QUOTE (melanie @ Feb 19 2005, 03:56 PM)
    didn't someone give tim underwear already?
    laugh.gif

lol...

maybe he wants something more... er... um... more! wink.gif tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (melanie @ Feb 19 2005, 09:36 AM)
    I was going to drive in today, but I think the car show is going on and this venue is pretty much downtown. So I'm going to take the train.

There should be parking somewhere around there, it's probably expensive though.

Haha, sooooo off. It was a few miles from downtown and in an well abandoned non residential area with free street parking. tongue.gif But Im sure you know that by now. hehe