In this Discussion

Christians hate Spongebob Squarepants

Comments

• we should drink, play dream phone (hahaha) and buy dollar store accessories again!

HAHAHHAA
  • You know what? on the topic of show I liked when I was younger, I watched the ending of "Dumb Bunnies" today. Weird I haven't seen that show in years. But today I stumbled on in and was like "I used to watch this crap?"
  • What are dumb bunnies? Is it Canadian?
  • Its a cartoon version of this book...
    the dumb bunnies
  • This isn't a cartoon, but I am STILL in love with The Stinky Cheeseman and Other Fairly Stupid Tales. It's my favorite children's book.
  • Ya its a book that they made into a cartoon.
  • i used to watch beetlejuice *the cartoon version*....

here is an example of my lameness.
    THere is a girl that goes to UofT smc who looks like lydia from the beetlejuice cartoon *but shes pretty...not all deadlooking like*

nehoo...everytime we see her a few of my friends start yelling BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE!!!!

we are uber lame...

the end
  • Yay for beetlejuice!!!
  • Old Nick shows were absolutely amazing. They had the things dreams were made of:
    Agrocrag on Global Guts (where the "snow" was glitter shooting off into the kids eyes... god, I wanted to be on that show so bad. I want them to bring it back just so I can go on the show and kick the kids' asses)
    Salute your Shorts (how could you NOT love that crap? Zeke the Plumber still haunts my dreams)
    Pete and Pete (which, I might add, is coming out/is out? on DVD)
    not to mention Legends of the Hidden Temple which is, in my very humble opinion, one of the best/most scarring shows ever made (cummon, you know you were fucking scared when the "native " people jumped out of the wall on that last challenge)

God, those were the days.

[p.s. on the actual subject: Does anyone else remember that whole uproar about the lesbian parents on Postcards from Buster, a PBS show? Seriously, that was one of the most ludicrous things I have ever seen. They were forced to remove that episode from the air. Isn't that as good as telling the kids whose family was SUPPOSED to be on, "hey, um... I'm sorry, but we don't approve of your family... it's not a REAL family. Kthanxbye?" I was horrified for weeks.... fuck that, I'm STILL horrified]

[Hi, I like writing long, meaningless posts]
  • I still sing the theme song to Salute your shorts. "Camp Onowana, we hold you in our hearts, and when we think about you, it makes me want to fart." And I never really understood Pete and Pete, but I remember his Mom had a metal plate in her head, and hilarity ensued. Does anyone remember Harriet the Spy? Cause I have that Movie, and I want to be like that lady with all the crap in her yard when I'm old. That's my plan. Yup. cool.gif
  • Does anyone else remember that awful Are You Afraid of the Dark episode with the clown and the amusement park? In all seriousness, I think that was the scariest experience of my little life.

Actually, scratch that; the absolute scariest thing I ever remember seeing was that Halloween episode of Ghost Writer with the bubble gum monster.

...I was an easily frightened child.
  • OMG are you afraid of the dark! AHAHAHAHHA ASOO MANY MEMORIES!

hahahaha and i did see that episode! fantastic!!

i wasn't soo easily frightened as i was easily amused. You could dangle keys in front of my face and id be good for like 25 minutes- one hour

still am to be quite honest.....

*OHH SHINEY OBJECT!**
  • did anyone ever see the Goosebumps show? one of those episodes still freaks me out to this day...

alas, I didn't have cable when I was little so I never watched any of those Nick shows--I feel so uncultured now.
  • its ok...you're hot...you dont need to be cultured wink.gif hahaha
  • Isn't it odd how things that scared you as a child are still scary, even though they may be the hokiest things on the planet? For example, I think back on that god-awful (sorry, my own biased opinion) Ghost Writer bubble gum momster episode and still get freaked.
  • I remember everything that all of you just said. The clown, that bubblegum monster...I remember the episode of Are you afraid of the dark with the ghost that made children get fevers, and it could only be warded off with pure silver, but this one sick girl tried to save herself with a spoon, and it got her because the spoon wasn't made of silver. I also remember the one with the ghost who lost his sweater. Melissa Joan Hart was in it. Oh Oh oh. Does anyone remember Clarissa Explains it All? I loved it. Because Fergeson reminded me of my little brother, who is still kind of a dumb ass, but is slowly maturing. Thank God. So, anyone?
  • One note:
    I work at a library, and the other day I came accross a Childrens' Video of Clarissa Explains it All. I practically had a happy fit. Who am I kidding? I DID have a happy fit.
  • Pshhhhhhh! This is a libary! Hahahah. guess who said that, and I'll give you a dollar. Oh and what show.
  • Oh goodness, I have no idea.

You stumped me, the obsessor of obscure references. ha
  • HA! Anyone else feeling lucky? cool.gif