In this Discussion

do you like The Bravery?

edited November -1 in General Discussion
They were nothing at first.
Now they're growing on me.

Comments

• I've got a few songs of theirs on my ipod. I kinda had to listen to the songs a few times before I really got into them, but I like them now.
  • I have their cd on a playlist on my computer, so the songs will just randomly come on, it's a good way to expose yourself to new music...but yea, I'm beginning to like them.
  • I saw them in Cleveland, when they were opening for Ash.
    It reinforced that I only really like 2 or 3 of their songs. They're not the worst band ever but they gave off this kinda snotty 'we're really awesome' vibe, and I wasn't impressed when the singer went 'I need to learn the lyrics to these songs, I forgot our album is out now.'.

So yeah. Not horrible, but not the best music out there by far.
  • i think they're good, got their album and going to see them on May 25th sooo excited
  • I listened to a couple songs. My first thought was that The Bravery sounds like the Killers...and very 80's. Maybe the album is good, but I wasn't inspired. I might give it another chance later.
  • QUOTE (shades of blue @ Apr 21 2005, 12:54 AM)
    Maybe the album is good, but I wasn't inspired.
    Hehe, I guessed it right, shades. And yeah, The Bravery and The Killers are said to have something in common, however, that makes Mr. Brandon Flowers angry. To me The Bravery sounds more nerd...oh it's nothing wrong, take it as a compliment.

Jezebelseven - How I envy you! I really wanted to see that show even though The Bravery had completely fucked up because I'm a huge ASH fan.
    They're not the worst band ever but they gave off this kinda snotty 'we're really awesome' vibe, and I wasn't impressed when the singer went 'I need to learn the lyrics to these songs, I forgot our album is out now.'.
    lol. That sounds like them, and I like them for that tongue.gif. My friend who has seen them many times said "Everytime Sam (the lead) speaks, he damps the audience's enthusiasm". hahahaha.
  • hmmm
    the killers came here before i had their cd for a freeish show (you had to kinda win tickets sorta... they were limited)
    and then
    the bravery is coming for the same type of show. but it's a school night. it's such a BUMMER.
  • QUOTE (setsumi @ Apr 20 2005, 10:59 PM)
    Hehe, I guessed it right, shades.  And yeah, The Bravery and The Killers are said to have something in common, however, that makes Mr. Brandon Flowers angry.  To me The Bravery sounds more nerd...oh it's nothing wrong, take it as a compliment.
    Good job. You know my taste.
    ...Who should take the comparison as a compliment?
  • Oh? Nerd, perv, retarded, nasty, mean, lame...I take these words in a good way tongue.gif tongue.gif.
  • I just saw them a couple days ago at my radio stations festival (w/ the Dresden Dolls, Ash, Ben Lee and... other people)

• i love the bravery. i think they are pretty good.
    nothing fantastical, but a good dance new wave-y record.
  • I heard their first single and wasn't impressed, but their song 'Fearless' has changed my opinion, they're pretty damn good.

Becky x
  • yeah that thing with Brandon Flowers reminded me of how I think he's really, really pretentious and full of himself, based on interviews and such...
  • Over-Rated.

Yes, I like the current single "An Honest Mistake" enough to buy the album, but upon further inspection...

...yeah, well Ill just leave the disc on my front porch for the scenesters to fight over.
  • 2 year old bump, im actully enjoying there new stuff

(im looking for all the music topics to be moved into the new forum by the by..)
  • hey!!!!!!!!!! I reintroduced you to them! I think I deserve some sort of recognition. hahaha well not really... but anyways..

ya new stuff is pretty good. Kinda like it more than old stuff. I shall post a pic of the signed poster fel got laters maybe.
  • Andy is an amazing excavator who digs out these ancient threads tongue.gif.

Oh you guys like their new album? I don't know whether I like it or not because it doesn't sound like what the band used to be. But I'm sure that I miss eyeliners a lot.

QUOTE (agentnumone @ Jun 6 2007, 03:21 AM)
    I shall post a pic of the signed poster fel got laters maybe.

Please go ahead!!!
  • 0.5 points to mel for getting me into the new song

ive only heard the one song of the albumbut i shall probally pick it up at some point
  • I.love.The.Bravery.

I liked them 2 years ago and my interest in them was rejuvenated when I got to see them up close at a magazine party in NYC a few weeks ago. And the fact that they're based in NYC makes this cooler since I'm in NYC and we had 4 free shows available within 3 days. (So tired of hearing about all the LA fans getting to see OK Go all the time.)

"Bad Sun" has been on repeat on my iPod the past week. And I'm glad the guyliner is gone. I thought Dirt looked like a raccoon with that. Or a weird version of Adam Ant.

^^^ FEL ASKING ABOUT LACK OF QUIFF AND GETTING POSTER SIGNED BY SAM! woot!
    lol notice the smirk.