In this Discussion

Artic Monkeys

Comments

• They were on SNL last night... but SNL sucked so i only watched one song andwent to sleep.. The Monkeys were good though.
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Mar 12 2006, 06:47 PM)
    They were on SNL last night... but SNL sucked so i only watched one song andwent to sleep.. The Arctics were good though.

Corected'd
  • They were, indeed. I enjoyed the performance very much.
  • I loved how he pointed out that some guy in the audience was yawning during the song.
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Mar 12 2006, 01:57 PM)
    Corected'd

oooops hahahaha... i was very sleepy when i wrote that.
  • milburn are still 10xs better
  • i just ate jellybeans
  • if you dont have anything usefull to say
    then go away
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Mar 14 2006, 07:21 AM)
    if you dont have anything usefull to say
    then go away

Perfectly said, darling.
  • QUOTE (poison @ Mar 10 2006, 07:25 PM)
    from tonight's episode of Best Week Ever:

http://www.stereogum.com/archives/002392.html#comments

i saw that and had forgotten i was gonna check them out until i saw this thread... and so i'm doing that now. i'm liking it!
  • thanks for posting that link. was really funny. When I first heard their music, I didn't think much of them, still think they're an okay band, I think all the hype is making them popular... but I totally do not agree that they sound like the strokes?! I don't hear it for some reason, I think the singer kinda sounds a little like Jack White but with a mixture of something else...
  • Just got home from seeing them tonight (at Metro in Chicago). They were ace. Pandy, thanks for all your enthusiasm about them, because this was a really really good show. biggrin.gif
  • they end with a certain romance? the 7 min epic that i wub so?

fun times with the arctics
  • YES! It was amazing. That is my favorite song of theirs, and I'd heard that they often close their set with it, so I was very much hoping they'd end with A Certain Romance. It's a great song to end on.
    After last weekend's lackluster performance on SNL, I tried to be cautious with regard to my level of anticipation, cause I hate being disappointed. The crowd was very into the show, which makes such a difference. I thought the Monkeys sounded good, no, excellent, and Alex seemed to be in a good mood--happy to be there, not too tired/hungover from SXSW Friday night. There was a fair amount of British accents amongst the concertgoers (including the drunk men behind me that kept yelling SHEF-FIELD! between songs), which didn't surprise me.
    Do Arctic Monkeys often not want cameras at their shows? There was a bit of difficulty about that when I first got to the show...
  • well i only saw them when they were breaking in with about 100 other people

where the vidio for fake tales of san fran was filmed...i was so close to being in that..

i would imagen they dont want vids being done, the guys dont really do to many public things, they snubed top of the pops several times
  • hey

just to let you know i think arctic monkeys rock smile.gif

saw an interview with them and really like their laidback down-to-earthness

have to say my fave song of the moment though is "red lights indicate doors are secure" but it changes depending on my mood.

*raises fist* wish me luck as Im trying to get the UAE population to adore them (not an easy task since they practically worship 50 cent and robbie williams) rolleyes.gif

ah well...
  • wow, i sure hated robbie williams alot awile ago, but then i saw him do afew interviews and i now sadly like him as a person...dont like his songs though..

arctic-mania has stoped running wild over here now, its calmed down abit, no doubt it will hulk up again some time soon
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Apr 5 2006, 08:46 AM)
    wow, i sure hated robbie williams alot awile ago, but then i saw him do afew interviews and i now sadly like him as a person...dont like his songs though..

arctic-mania has stoped running wild over here now, its calmed down abit, no doubt it will hulk up again some time soon

They're getting quite a bit of hype here becuaase they shot up in the UK.
  • Arctic Monkeys are well ace. I have yet to see them live though sad.gif .Come join the AM's official forum

http://www.arcticmonkeys.com/forum/index.php
  • we are now a man down

sadness