In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• jahahahahhahahah oh my God!! i COMPLETELY forgot ALL about that scene!! holy crap. i really need to buy this movie, stat.

and i don't blame your sister wink.gif he's so cheeky when he says that

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2zBycTyHZQ

i miss this movie so much. i'm laughing so hard.
  • i was within 40 feet of johnny depp today... he's filming a movie not far from my house so i went down to the set and was there when he showed up, however i didn't actually see him 'cause of the screaming teenage girls in front of me jumping up and down...
  • WOW Darbie, that's awesome! Do you know what the film is?

Shame about the fangirls, though....
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Mar 24 2008, 03:19 PM)
    Do you know what the film is?

yeah, it's called public enemies, he's playing john dillinger... they'll be filming there for two more days, perhaps i'll have better luck catching a glimpse of him tomorrow or wednesday...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1152836/
  • wow, I have two girlfriends that would flip. They both think Johnny Depp is the ideal man.

So cool! It's so fun going to one of those. They came to my college one time to film scenes for "A Beautiful Mind." I saw a very bald Ron Howard from far away. The night classes were spent staring out the window and shouting at Russel Crowe and Ron Howard.

Did you see lots of trailers and hubbub? So exciting.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 24 2008, 03:27 PM)
    Did you see lots of trailers and hubbub? So exciting.

yeah, they've taken over the bowling alleys parking lot tongue.gif
  • Ahhhhh I'm meeting the Clintons in two hours.

Don't ask how it happened... it just did. And I'm nervous.
  • QUOTE (Shalu-lah @ Mar 24 2008, 02:42 PM)
    Ahhhhh I'm meeting the Clintons in two hours.

Don't ask how it happened... it just did. And I'm nervous.

Holy shit!
    Congrats!!
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Mar 24 2008, 04:23 PM)
    yeah, it's called public enemies, he's playing john dillinger... they'll be filming there for two more days, perhaps i'll have better luck catching a glimpse of him tomorrow or wednesday...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1152836/

OMG. Can you kidnap Christian Bale for me? (In addition to Johnny.)

I'll pay you.

wink.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Mar 25 2008, 12:27 AM)
    OMG. Can you kidnap Christian Bale for me? (In addition to Johnny.)

I'll pay you.

wink.gif

hehe, i don't think christian is in town... his character is the fbi agent that led the manhunt against dillinger, so i imagine most his work will be at other locations... (i happen to live not far from the jail dillinger escaped from in the 30's, so that's why johnny's here, yay for authenticity in films!..)
  • Darbie, that is AWESOME.

Shalu, that is fantastic - how did it go?
  • So last night Adam and I worked the A Fine Frenzy show at the World Cafe Live for Capitol. Good night. Good show. Stephen Stills (of Crosby Stills and Nash) has a son, Chris, who is now performing his own music and is very good. I highly recommend checking him out. Also, if you watch American Idol you know that "Hollywood is Not America" song. It's by this guy Ferras, who was the opening opening act last night. Got to meet him (And A Fine Frenzy and Chris Stills), got an autographed picture. Nice guy. Ed, the Capitol guy I've met a few times at OK Go shows (who has always taken really good care of me), was there. I haven't seen him since Dec '06!

However, the night was soured because our car was locked in a gated lot. It's a long story, but we had to take a cab home, then Adam had to get up at 5 am to catch a 6:03 train to Philly to get the car before it could be towed. I'm Pissed at the World Cafe, their website gives faulty information as to which lots are safe to park in. But that is beside the point of this particular post. This post is to showcase the hilarious conversation between me and Victoria that transcribed this morning as a result.

V: So did Adam get like 2 hours of sleep and then have to go to work today? Poor guy.
    R: Well, I offered over and over to do it but he insisted.
    V: Well he's a husband. That's his job.
    R: LOL, True true.
    V: He promised to love you, honor you, cherish you, let you drool over OK Go, pick up your car in the middle of the night when you leave it in Philly. It was all there in the vows, I'm surprised you didn't notice.
    R: It was in Hebrew. I'm a little rusty on my Hebrew.
    V: Yeah, the Rabbi squeezed it in somewhere in the middle of all those blessings. Although I can't remember the Hebrew translation for "OK Go".
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Mar 25 2008, 03:21 PM)
    V: So did Adam get like 2 hours of sleep and then have to go to work today? Poor guy.
    R: Well, I offered over and over to do it but he insisted.
    V: Well he's a husband. That's his job.
    R: LOL, True true.
    V: He promised to love you, honor you, cherish you, let you drool over OK Go, pick up your car in the middle of the night when you leave it in Philly. It was all there in the vows, I'm surprised you didn't notice.
    R: It was in Hebrew. I'm a little rusty on my Hebrew.
    V: Yeah, the Rabbi squeezed it in somewhere in the middle of all those blessings. Although I can't remember the Hebrew translation for "OK Go".

lol, biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I'm going to the We are Scientists concert in 3 hours!!
  • I almost ran over a bunny coming home from karate like, half an hour ago. sad.gif sad.gif
    and my heart still hasn't stopped freaking out.
    luckily I swerved and it ran back to the curb just in time
    but it was like, the scariest moment of my life.
    I mean, it was the most adorable little bunny, too!!
    ohmy.gif sad.gif I would have been devastated if I actually hit it.

• ^^ Aww, poor milkie! I hate when animals do that. Why do they do that!?

Is it incredibly creepy to say I have a jar of formeldahyde in the trunk of my car, and it started to leak and now my trunk has a slightly acrid, bitter, vomit inducing smell of a high school biology lab? Stupid stupid how I have to collect teeth! Luckily, it didn't leak much, but I had to open my garage in order to clean the trunk because the smell is so irritating, it induces tears. It's not pure formaldehyde. It's 10% formalin, which is supposed to be less toxic but equally as nasty.

More creepiness: Ratboy asked me out. ph34r.gif Three years ago, I would've been bored enought to say maybe. He knows now I'm far away, so he can ask and it won't happen. Such a dimrod.
  • Those of you who've tortured yourselves reading Hamlet might enjoy this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwbB6B0cQs4...feature=related
  • For Katie:

Blanche talking about her daughter: "She's just beautiful, always has been. Gorgeous blonde hair, sparkling blue eyes, a figure men would morgage a house for...We we're always so much alike--And so close, just like Siamese twins"

Sophia: "It's a shame when they separated you, you got both butts."
  • ^^^hahahahhahah

ALL I DO IS PARTY, HA HA HA HA!

• QUOTE (agentnumone @ Apr 2 2008, 06:29 PM)
    ^^^hahahahhahah

ALL I DO IS PARTY, HA HA HA HA!

LOL, ah mel, you sound like you're being tickled with your Ha ha ha's. laugh.gif

...Can I party too? unsure.gif

Is it strange that your friendly neighborhood Timpe dentist has recently taken up writing stories about vampires? (dentistry/vampires too ironic?)
  • lol you can party of course! wherever tempe is, is where the partys at duhh!

now i want to read one of your vamp-a-dent stories