In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Oct 29 2008, 10:58 AM)
    hate to be the buzz kill, but ireland isnt a part of GB =p

and the RBS, went bust, so i own most of it now =p

No, but North Ireland is.

I didn't say it wasn't a stretch. wink.gif

Oh, and more randomness:

I live across the street from the Hotel DuPont, which happens to be connected to my office building via an underground tunnel. Currently staying in the Hotel DuPont? The Tampa Bay Rays, because they checked out of their hotel rooms before Monday's game and no hotel in Philadelphia had enough rooms to keep them when the delay occurred. So now there is an angry mob of Phillies fans forming outside the building, taunting the Rays.

That is class PERSONIFIED, folks.
  • There's this old Cambridge tradition known as pennying. If someone drops a penny into your drink, you have to down the drink, no matter what it is, in one go, to stop the queen on the back of the penny from drowning, supposedly. If they penny you while your glass is empty, you have to fill it to the top and down that.

I got pennied repeatedly so many times last night. 3 times in a row when my glass was empty. Downing large glasses of white wine is not fun....

Oy, the hangover. In a 9am lecture sad.gif

However, halloween formal was INCREDIBLE. It involves dressing up, food that contains a lot of pumpkin and is designed to look creepy being served by waiters in the great hall, a bottle of wine each (and with all the pennying, you really do drink it all) and the King's College Choir singing "Thriller" to us instead of saying grace at the beginning of the meal.

I love this fucking place biggrin.gif
  • I don't know why but whenever Alice comments on life in Cambridge in my head things look like Hogwarts. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Oct 30 2008, 11:01 AM)
    I don't know why but whenever Alice comments on life in Cambridge in my head things look like Hogwarts. laugh.gif

Especially when she mentions the "great hall".
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Oct 30 2008, 10:01 AM)
    I don't know why but whenever Alice comments on life in Cambridge in my head things look like Hogwarts. laugh.gif

me too! I'm like, pretty sure she's actually Hermoine laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Oct 29 2008, 11:54 AM)
    I live across the street from the Hotel DuPont, which happens to be connected to my office building via an underground tunnel. Currently staying in the Hotel DuPont? The Tampa Bay Rays, because they checked out of their hotel rooms before Monday's game and no hotel in Philadelphia had enough rooms to keep them when the delay occurred. So now there is an angry mob of Phillies fans forming outside the building, taunting the Rays.

That is class PERSONIFIED, folks.

LOLOLOL. I don't understand why they would be an ANGRY mob. Perhaps a TAUNTING mob. It's not like their team lost.

Anyway, I'd read that they wound up in Wilmington and wondered if it was anywhere near you. XD

QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Oct 30 2008, 11:01 AM)

When I first started at Smith, we had this class-wide meeting during orientation in which the Dean of First Year Students, Tom Riddell, had to speak to us, and he started by saying, "By the way, my name is Tom Ri-DELL, not 'Riddle.' This is not Hogwarts. I am not Voldemort."

laugh.gif

ETA: Is $14 (shipping included) too much to pay for an old Spice Girls magazine that I used to have but THREW OUT and terribly regret having done so when I only paid $5 for it in the first place and it's not exactly necessary?
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Oct 30 2008, 12:20 PM)
    LOLOLOL. I don't understand why they would be an ANGRY mob. Perhaps a TAUNTING mob. It's not like their team lost.

Anyway, I'd read that they wound up in Wilmington and wondered if it was anywhere near you. XD

They hadn't won yet. This was all going on yesterday afternoon. And yeah. Come out the main doors of my building, turn right, cross over Delaware Ave to the Park, then cross Market St. Now you all know where I live (as though half of you didn't already).

QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Oct 30 2008, 12:20 PM)
    When I first started at Smith, we had this class-wide meeting during orientation in which the Dean of First Year Students, Tom Riddell, had to speak to us, and he started by saying, "By the way, my name is Tom Ri-DELL, not 'Riddle.' This is not Hogwarts. I am not Voldemort."

laugh.gif

QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Oct 30 2008, 12:20 PM)
    ETA: Is $14 (shipping included) too much to pay for an old Spice Girls magazine that I used to have but THREW OUT and terribly regret having done so when I only paid $5 for it in the first place and it's not exactly necessary?

Yes, it is. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Oct 30 2008, 03:01 PM)

Tbh it actually looks like Hogwarts. Especially the courtyards, library and the great hall (obv). And we were all dressed as witches last night, LOL!

Katie - yes it's nuts. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Oct 30 2008, 02:53 PM)
    Katie - yes it's nuts. tongue.gif

Doesn't matter anyway, I was outbid and then forgot about it in my pumpkin-carving, hair-dyeing frenzy.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Oct 30 2008, 01:58 PM)
    Doesn't matter anyway, I was outbid and then forgot about it in my pumpkin-carving, hair-dyeing frenzy.

That reminds me, I get to carve my pumpkin tonight.
  • my fade to black sdr pumpkin is looking mighty sad... although you can still tell what it says wink.gif
    the center parts i kept for the D and R on SDR are all shriveled and funny looking though
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Oct 30 2008, 12:20 PM)

YES. He gave that speech to us this year!

It was pretty much the best thing ever, haha.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Oct 30 2008, 05:08 PM)
    my fade to black sdr pumpkin is looking mighty sad... although you can still tell what it says wink.gif
    the center parts i kept for the D and R on SDR are all shriveled and funny looking though

Apparently WD-40 works wonders in keeping pumpkins from rotting. Or maybe it was 409. One of those.
  • Kitteh likes "Losing Eyeballs" pumpkin.

If you squint your eyes and stare at the kitty they do look like eyeballs.
  • I made a Halloween mix!

Well, actually, it's not a proper Halloween mix. It's a sugar-themed mix, and it's pretty short.

But it's over here at t1p!g.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Oct 31 2008, 01:51 PM)
    I made a Halloween mix!

Well, actually, it's not a proper Halloween mix. It's a sugar-themed mix, and it's pretty short.

But it's over here at t1p!g.

Haha!! Jedi_grrlie, that is one cool mix. laugh.gif

Loser Ratboy sent me this long tedious e-mail with links even, describing a handful of creatures in the useless video game he's addicted to. Pitty he can't actually make a career out of spening 18 hours a day on his ass in front of a video game. Then he tells me when I go back East in December for an interview, he can arrange for me to stay with him or some relatives. Yeah, that's like spending some time with a swarm of vampires that never bathe or shower. My sister so cleverly pointed out that normal friends let you stay over for a night. Ratboy would make his friends pay him. I should pay him? If anything, he would have to pay me!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Nov 2 2008, 11:47 PM)
    Then he tells me when I go back East in December for an interview, he can arrange for me to stay with him or some relatives. Yeah, that's like spending some time with a swarm of vampires that never bathe or shower.

You are cracking me up today Tempe! I also loved:
    QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Nov 3 2008, 12:05 AM)
    Then Ziggy went back to Cambridge and waited for you.

• I GOT FALLOUT 3
    YAY
    biggrin.gif

yeah...so...i need to shower.
  • QUOTE (MyFavoritePerson @ Nov 2 2008, 11:55 PM)
    You are cracking me up today Tempe!

I aim to please! wink.gif Ziggy too. He's from Mars.

QUOTE (Extraabsorbant @ Nov 3 2008, 04:48 PM)
    I GOT FALLOUT 3
    YAY
    biggrin.gif

yeah...so...i need to shower.

LOL, video game right? I'm sort of out of what's hip. I rely on you all to keep me up-to-date. Oh no, if it is a video game, don't be like Ratboy and get addicted and never shower. laugh.gif
  • oh, i just needed to shower because i had hockey, i love videogames though.
    i shower everyday tongue.gif