In this Discussion

stellastarr*

edited November -1 in General Discussion
stellastarr* = lovely vocal layers + brilliant song-writing + amazing guitar-work + beautiful lyrics = HOTT*

Oh, how I admire the artists of stellastarr* (literally, they studied art), and so I start an appreciaton thread and begin the countdown to their sophomore release Harmonies For The Haunted on Sept. 13, 2005. I suppose they can be compared to bands like The Killers and The Bravery, but I find something extra special in stellatarr* and I think a decent description of their sound is a blend of The Pixies and The Cure. Based on a few tracks I've already heard, it sounds like the new album will keep the sweet ss* style in tact but have a more mature sound than their self-titled debut album from 2003.

Check stellastarr* out and check their tour dates. I wish I could catch them on the current tour, but they're skipping Detroit for now...
STELLASTARR*

7 days...
RARR*

Comments

• i love stellastarr*!
  • Harmonies For The Haunted, the title itself is beautiful. It's already on my buying list, and thanks shades, you help put their name upward of the list.

QUOTE (shades of blue @ Sep 6 2005, 07:23 AM)
    I suppose they can be compared to bands like The Killers and The Bravery

Maybe. But The Killers, The Bravery, stellastarr* are all different, and I like them all smile.gif .
  • i wish we could change our display names on this board so i could be darbie_starpowerr* again...
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Sep 6 2005, 02:25 AM)
    i love stellastarr*!
    YESS*
    ...is it 4 days more already?!!

Maybe. But The Killers, The Bravery, stellastarr* are all different, and I like them all smile.gif
    Totally...but it's LOVE for stellastarr*

i wish we could change our display names on this board so i could be darbie_starpowerr* again...
    That would be cool!
  • remember when Stellastarr* saw Eternal Sunshine at my work? I nearly passed out selling them tickets.

Yeah, that was pretty cool.
  • QUOTE (Leikela4 @ Sep 9 2005, 01:08 PM)
    remember when Stellastarr* saw Eternal Sunshine at my work?  I nearly passed out selling them tickets.

Yeah, that was pretty cool.
    yepp*
    and maybe they will go see a movie there again! they do have off the sunday before the columbus show. you're so lucky! *jealous*
  • Tom Hanks is shooting the de vince code in the town i live in! I could of been an extra but my unreliable friend went up and got a part without telling me. I would of been co-starring for sure.
  • ONE MORE DAY!!*

Rachael - Have fun at the show tonight. Please share your review and pictures when they're ready!
  • Damn. They're playing in Chicago tomorrow. sad.gif Oh well, at least I can go pick up the CD then.
  • QUOTE (shades of blue @ Sep 12 2005, 01:13 PM)
    ONE MORE DAY!!*

Rachael - Have fun at the show tonight.  Please share your review and pictures when they're ready!

my film pictures should be back Sunday... but here's one from the digital

they didn't see a movie... and My Chem didn't come in either tonight (their show is tomorrow). DAMN THEM!! *shakes fist at MCR for not seeing a movie*
  • Aww Rachael, you and Michael! He looks weird there, but he does look slightly weird any way...in a good way of course! I shall await your other photos.

Sooooo, what did you think of the show? Did you get the new album and did you meet anyone else? How was Magneta Lane?
  • QUOTE (shades of blue @ Sep 15 2005, 06:02 AM)
    Sooooo, what did you think of the show?  Did you get the new album and did you meet anyone else?  How was Magneta Lane? 

Don't rush Rachael tongue.gif.

The album was out already? I couldn't find it yesterday...
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Sep 12 2005, 12:33 PM)
    Damn. They're playing in Chicago tomorrow.  sad.gif  Oh well, at least I can go pick up the CD then.
    Yeah... sad.gif
    soooo, did you pick up their new cd?

Don't rush Rachael  tongue.gif

The album was out already? I couldn't find it yesterday...
    I don't mean to rush. Just whenever ready. cool.gif

Oh sorry, setsumi. I only know the US release date and I'm not sure when the release date is for Japan or the UK or anywhere else in the world.
  • I actually couldn't find it, and I didn't have a lot of time to look around, so I ended up just buying it on itunes. Unfortunately I've been really busy with my classes, so I haven't gotten a chance to listen to it as much as I would want to, but from what I've heard so far, everything sounds fantastic!
  • I like their other album better but it's still a good piece of work.

Magenta Lane - don't remember them too much *cough* sorry. It was more "hey, this isn't Stellastarr*!" Only one band (The cathedrals, who I liked alot) was listed as opening so no one was expecting a 2nd opener.

~Rachael
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Sep 16 2005, 12:54 AM)
    I actually couldn't find it, and I didn't have a lot of time to look around, so I ended up just buying it on itunes. Unfortunately I've been really busy with my classes, so I haven't gotten a chance to listen to it as much as I would want to, but from what I've heard so far, everything sounds fantastic!
    Oh, that's too bad you couldn't find it, but it makes me happy that you are still checking out stellastarr* and liking them. smile.gif

I didn't see either their old or new album at Media Play, but I found stellastarr* at Best Buy and the indie record stores should have them. Oh, and I also saw OK Go's new album in the Top Sellers section, which I thought was interesting!

I like their other album better but it's still a good piece of work.

I am pleased with the sophomore album and so far I am IN LOVE with these tracks:
    #1. Lost in Time wub.gif
    #5. Born In A Fleamarket wub.gif
    #8. Love And Longing wub.gif
    #9. Stay Entertained wub.gif

The hidden track is an old song called "Bloated Wife, which is pretty cool and quite Pixies-esqe.

...I love Shawn's lead voice and Amanda's backing vocals, but I am wondering where is Michael's lovely voice? Still, the new ss* album is BLISS*

Magenta Lane - don't remember them too much *cough* sorry. It was more "hey, this isn't Stellastarr*!" Only one band (The cathedrals, who I liked alot) was listed as opening so no one was expecting a 2nd opener.
    Haha, yeah, surprise! But I had found out from the stellastarr* messageboard that Magneta Lane was hand-picked by ss* to support for a few shows. I also learned that ML are a 3-piece female rock band from Canada, so I listened to their EP. I kinda like their stuff.

...So who else has heard the new stellastarr*?
  • Rachael, I just saw your pictures! blink.gif

I love this man.

And this shot of Michael is awesome:

Do you have more coming? And you never told me about their show. What songs do you remember stellastarr* playing and any highlights? I wish so much that I could have been there or that they would come to my town!

• Ok, I reaize I must be the #1 ss* fan on the okgo board, but I know some of you also love them and I think some of you don't even know that you would love them, so...

*BUMPP*

I am still waiting for Spongie's opinion, more from Rachael, really any of you lovely okgo boardies. Please don't make me move to the stellastarr* messageboard...

Their website has recently been updated and is g o r g e o u s: www.stellastarr.com
    You can listen to 3 of the new songs there.
    Watch the video for "Sweet Troubled Soul," tho I wish they would put "My Coco" back up. That video is classic FUN, if anyone can find it!

Also, their performance on Last Call w/Carson Daly will air on Wednesday, Sept. 28th. I'm not sure if I will be able to watch it, so if anyone is savvy enough to record it and put it online...*turns to darbie*
  • QUOTE (shades of blue @ Sep 26 2005, 11:06 AM)
    Also, their performance on Last Call w/Carson Daly will air on Wednesday, Sept. 28th.  I'm not sure if I will be able to watch it, so if anyone is savvy enough to record it and put it online...*turns to darbie*

hehe, i'm not savvy enough to record it and put it online, as i lack the proper equipment to do that... i am pretty savvy at finding things online though...
  • So they are coming to Boston soon..should I go?