In this Discussion

Watch THE OFFICE

edited November -1 in General Discussion
Like awkward silences where you can do nothing but laugh to fill them? Watch THE OFFICE on nbc! It is just about the best show television has ever known. If you have not tuned in...do it! It's on NBC 930/830 central!! Steve Carell is in it, so you know it has to be amazing.

For those who have seen it...share any thoughts you wish. AHH it's on in 20 minutes where I live...HELL YEAH!

Comments

• AHHH! i love this show!!
  • Definately today's was one of the funniest episodes I have ever seen. I LOVE JIM! He actually reminds me sorta of Rusty for some reason.
  • You're speaking of the American version, yes?

Nothing comes close to the original.

"You put my stapler in jello again?!"
  • Nowhere near as good as the british one
  • British comedies rule!
  • I agree, the british one is amazing. THe stapler in the jello one was also in the american version. I know that BBC had it first though. Anyway, I have the first season (BBC) on dvd, and I laugh so hard. I love the one that has the big inflatable cock. WOW. That one is hilarious.
  • aww i have yet to see it... but i wanna! i've heard soo many good things about it, not to mention that i love brit comedies biggrin.gif
  • Rent it. It is sooo worth it. I love that show.
  • UK vershon > usa vershon
  • Haha yeah the British one is really good too. I hope I don't get killed since most of you seem partial to the Brit. one, but I think I understand more of the American jokes so I think it is funnier. It does kinda suck that it was ripped off from the British one though... Anyway both are hilarious, no question about that.
  • QUOTE (lovemedo @ Sep 28 2005, 08:37 PM)
    Haha yeah the British one is really good too.  I hope I don't get killed since most of you seem partial to the Brit. one, but I think I understand more of the American jokes so I think it is funnier.  It does kinda suck that it was ripped off from the British one though...  Anyway both are hilarious, no question about that.

so many american shows are ripped off from the brits! esp on TLC
  • QUOTE (w00t @ Sep 28 2005, 06:22 PM)
    so many american shows are ripped off from the brits! esp on TLC

HAHA I KNOW! Like Trading Spaces...Trading Rooms. oh boy...
  • Hey not trying to be offensive or anything but I have an off-topic-ish question, Is it true americans can't understand most of the monty python jokes?
  • Woah! I LOVE MONTY PYTHON! I think I just dont understand some of the jokes in the English version of The Office because they are either politcal or current...OR I'm just that stupid.
  • Yeah I agree--Monty Python is easy to understand, but The Office has a lot more Brit slang and political and pop culture references that are harder for us to get (well me anyways).
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Sep 27 2005, 09:15 PM)
    You're speaking of the American version, yes?

Nothing comes close to the original.

"You put my stapler in jello again?!"

Definitely.. the original is too great.. but I do like this version though.. and Steve Carell is extremely funny... I love his stupidity >D
  • I've seen both and I enjoy the US version better. That's just my opinion though.

I just find it funny that "Pam" is the receptionist, considering that's part of my job at work... I'm in a relationship with someone who works downstairs in the shop area of the company (I work at a printing company... I'm often ordering paper supplies!) The head accountant at my work is also named Angela.. and let me just say, I see many similarities between them! My boss often walks by my cubicle and makes up weird combinations of my name to say "Pammy-Pam-Pam!" just like Steve Carell does.. remember when he complains that some temp put all the icons into 4 little folders on his desktop? Yeah, I spent a good month configuring/reconfiguring everyone's computers... and I'll stop listing things now because I could go on all day.

Maybe that's why I like the US version so much... it's basically the story of my life (Well almost.. there are no sales guys that look like Jim!!)
  • AHHH I LOVE JIM!!! He seems so cute and sweet.
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Oct 3 2005, 05:46 PM)
    I've seen both and I enjoy the US version better. That's just my opinion though.

I just find it funny that "Pam" is the receptionist, considering that's part of my job at work... I'm in a relationship with someone who works downstairs in the shop area of the company (I work at a printing company... I'm often ordering paper supplies!) The head accountant at my work is also named Angela.. and let me just say, I see many similarities between them! My boss often walks by my cubicle and makes up weird combinations of my name to say "Pammy-Pam-Pam!" just like Steve Carell does.. remember when he complains that some temp put all the icons into 4 little folders on his desktop? Yeah, I spent a good month configuring/reconfiguring everyone's computers... and I'll stop listing things now because I could go on all day.

Maybe that's why I like the US version so much... it's basically the story of my life (Well almost.. there are no sales guys that look like Jim!!)

Wow that is truly amazing!!! I can't wait for tomorrow's episode...it sounds HILARIOUS.
  • ive never watched this show. ive heard only good things about it. i always miss it because i never watch nbc. inf act. i only saw a preview for the first time yesterday