In this Discussion

Post your picture

Comments

• haha, ditto
    I like it both ways. The new hairstyle looks great!
  • i think you look dandy!
  • Thx, Bekker, Mayo, myfavoriteperson and Joe. I really appreciate it! You're right, Mayo- it does take ridiculously long, and probly isn't worth doing. But it's nice to know it's not a bizarre beehive if I do wear it like that, lol, so thanks so much!
  • Gidget, I think you're gorgeous either way. It's not your hair, it's your eyes that are your most lovely feature. BTW, it's awesome to be able to slip into events where you get confused for being younger than you really are. Trust me, it's one of the greatest compliments ever to make young'uns think you're one of them. wink.gif
  • You look great with both styles!
  • Agreed with all of the above.
  • Thanks, Tempe! lol, I love how you describe things- you make it sound like a spy mission ability, teehee.
    And thx, Kalinda and Rose! I really appreciate your input, guys- it's a relief to know that all that work on my hair didn't come out looking silly. Hugs!
  • You know, Sal, I think it's your makeup that is making the photo look retro to you. You've got that fantastic heavy eyeliner going on. Your hair looks like straight, normal hair. Also the flash kind of washes you out, which also ages the picture. A beehive is a very specific hairstyle, that is WAY harder to accomplish than simply straightening your hair.

You look fantastic in all those pictures, I say so.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Oct 22 2008, 01:39 PM)
    You know, Sal, I think it's your makeup that is making the photo look retro to you. You've got that fantastic heavy eyeliner going on. Your hair looks like straight, normal hair. Also the flash kind of washes you out, which also ages the picture. A beehive is a very specific hairstyle, that is WAY harder to accomplish than simply straightening your hair.

You look fantastic in all those pictures, I say so.

Yeah, I think you're right- a beehive is way more complex and difficult, and maybe it's just the flash that made it all look really weird. It still looked weird in the mirror, but I guess not as weird as a real beehive would have looked, lol. Thanks, Rach!
  • photobooths are the best!!!
    my best friend, boyfriend and I had so much fun tongue.gif

image image

• http://extraabsorbant.deviantart.com/art/happy-89486797

that be meh.

http://extraabsorbant.deviantart.com/art/hug-99182234
    that also be meh but not as nice looking.
    meh and mah boyfriend biggrin.gif
    who thinks Damian Kulash is man gorgeous by the way.

http://extraabsorbant.deviantart.com/art/t-i-m-e-94469950

that one too rolleyes.gif
  • cute, so so cute biggrin.gif

and, hey, someone who uses deviantart, whoo! tongue.gif

the end of the party, just me, diana and ron... tongue.gif
  • <3

love it =p
  • YEE! people who use deviantart are awesome biggrin.gif
  • indeed they are!

deviantart makes me happy.
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Nov 11 2008, 11:29 PM)

Two of my fave people smile.gif
    (not Ron, haha)

Halloweeny
  • rawr, electra, jebus why do you have to be so hot?

I NO LONGER NEED A MICROWAVE!

can i put my chicken next to you for a couple minutes?

thanks biggrin.gif
  • My friend and I as hipster R2D2 and C3PO for a friend's Star Wars party way back in the day

(before it was too cold for me to not wear pants)

P.S. WHY IS STAR WARS SO GOOD??
  • those outfits are really sweet!

i love ackbar! next time. dress as hipster ackbar. please?

and i know the kids love barackbar

http://barackbar.com/
  • YEEESS. I was contemplating going as him, but I didn't have the time nor the paper mache needed to commit to Akbar. And, as much as I would've loved to spend the night yelling IT'S A TRAP, I'm normally closer in personality to C3PO anyway

Best costume of the night: the girl who came as a wampa.

Also: Barackbar '12!! Start the grassroots campaign now! We're for change and against traps!

ALSO: An acquaintance might be having a Claymation Christmas Special-themed party (a.k.a. Rankin/Bass theme). WHAT SHOULD MY COSTUME BE? My roommate and I were thinking about going as Snow Miser and Heat Miser, but I'm open to suggestions.