In this Discussion

Guess people's ages from their artwork/pictures...

Comments

• QUOTE (YeOldeEnglish @ Nov 2 2005, 07:28 PM)
    Why does everyone say they can't draw

Because some of us can't. Literally. I cannot draw to save my life--I never learned how to do it, with shading and stuff like that, so everything I draw looks like a 5-year-old's crayon drawings.
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Nov 2 2005, 04:50 PM)
    Because some of us can't. Literally. I cannot draw to save my life--I never learned how to do it, with shading and stuff like that, so everything I draw looks like a 5-year-old's crayon drawings.

Well, yes, but my point is a lot of people can draw. Just practice, people!
  • here's my attempt at drawing a person...

*image removed as to not blind you with my horrible attempt at art*
  • Damian.....?

i'll feel stupid if it isn't.
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Nov 2 2005, 05:18 PM)
    Damian.....?

What are you talking about?

....LES GASP!

Did you recognize the first posted sketch? ....saints be praised!! What a wonderful moment! Someone recognized it!
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Nov 2 2005, 07:18 PM)
    Damian.....?

was that a guess at mine?!? if so you're way off, mines not a member of ok go... *gives you a cookie for trying*
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Nov 2 2005, 05:20 PM)
    was that a guess at mine?!? if so you're way off, mines not a member of ok go... *gives you a cookie for trying*

Geez. I feel conceited now. I think it is a reply for yours.

Sorry...
  • QUOTE (YeOldeEnglish @ Nov 2 2005, 08:28 PM)
    Geez, people. I once took 5 hours on a sketch. A sketch!! I take my sweet, sweet time. What's the rush? Who cares if you take long.

blink.gif i dont' have the patience to do that
  • I'm not going to lie, I can draw. I can draw people, too. But I SUCK at it. Even if it does take me forever to draw a person, it still looks like crap. I'm too much of a perfectionist when it comes to drawing people.

A couple of weeks ago I had to draw a face for my art sketchbook, and I got a B on it. I worked on it for a while, too. All of my other sketches are either A's or A-'s.
  • Just wanted to fill you in on names from left to right :
    Andy:The guitar a little shorter than Damian, cute babyface, shorter shaggy hair
    Tim: you already got, the little cute bald guy.
    Dan: The hot drummer... kinda balding, a little pudgy
    Damian: The hot lead singer, tall, thin, shaggy hair

[attachment=154:attachment]
  • QUOTE (rossissuzy @ Nov 2 2005, 08:30 PM)
    Just wanted to fill you in on names from left to right :
    Andy:The guitar a little shorter than Damian, cute babyface, shorter shaggy hair
    Tim: you already got, the little cute bald guy.
    Dan: The hot drummer... kinda balding, a little pudgy
    Damian: The hot lead singer, tall, thin, shaggy hair
    [attachment=154:attachment]

Thank you very much! Never would have known all that....^^'
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Nov 2 2005, 08:20 PM)

damnit! at least I got a cookie for being a moron. Was it a board member? or someone from another band?
  • QUOTE (YeOldeEnglish @ Nov 2 2005, 07:28 PM)
    Why does everyone say they can't draw, or could but wont anymore? Geez, people. I once took 5 hours on a sketch. A sketch!! I take my sweet, sweet time. What's the rush? Who cares if you take long.
    I care if I take long, cuz I don't have the time! I would totally take my time if I was to draw again but I can't...Oh, the simple years of high school...Enjoy your chronological youth.
  • QUOTE (shades of blue @ Nov 3 2005, 07:11 PM)
    I care if I take long, cuz I don't have the time!  I would totally take my time if I was to draw again but I can't...Oh, the simple years of high school...Enjoy your chronological youth.

Time...good point. Sorry for pestering you about that....but a lot of people I know just think it's a waste of time...yea.
  • QUOTE (YeOldeEnglish @ Nov 3 2005, 10:35 PM)
    Time...good point. Sorry for pestering you about that....but a lot of people I know just think it's a waste of time...yea.
    nah, you weren't pestering me..or .were you? anyway, i think it's cool that you're into drawing. do you normally draw from an image or do you ever draw based on memory or imagination?

and since you started this topic on drawing/art, will you share some more with us? you should take more requests. draw dan...or andy...or both next!
  • and after that, draw napoleon dynamite
    and check out Significant Other Studios... it's my friends website, I work with him... he draws good
  • QUOTE (shades of blue @ Nov 4 2005, 07:10 PM)
    nah, you weren't pestering me..or .were you?  anyway, i think it's cool that you're into drawing.  do you normally draw from an image or do you ever draw based on memory or imagination?

and since you started this topic on drawing/art, will you share some more with us?  you should take more requests.  draw dan...or andy...or both next!

I normally draw from memory, or imagination. This is actually pretty rare; me drawing a real person. And as much as I would love to share more of my art, all that I have is the absolutely horendous anime-style *gags*. I've been trying to get out of it for awhile, and am finally barely succeeding. But those drawings I did of Damian and Tim got me going on practicing.

Hah hah, speaking of Dan and Tim, I've been planning to draw a picture of all 4 members' heads, one in each corner of a horizontally placed paper, with the band logo in the middle.

I'm not obsessed. No...

Anyways, though I doubt this counts as 'art', as much as something to pass the time, I've been getting into mazes, and drawing them. It's fun, thinking of ways to confuse people. Though I have drawn but one. I'd like to do one with some pathways winding into celtic knots, or something....

Oh, and I've..kinda...devoted a few pages of Sketchy (my sketchbook. If my friend named her racket Frederik, I think I should be able to name my sketchbook...) to....fanart, if you will, of OK Go.

Bloody hell, I am obsessed.

All that's really there is some anatomical studies of Damian's figure, and possiblities for the back of Tim's head. You know, I've never seen it. The back, I mean. I have no idea what's going on back there, with the hair. And eyes. Ohhh, the eyes....so many eyes. Can't get those bloody bastards right.

Sorry if there's no crude language allowed on the board...I see nothing in the Terms of Agreement, but still.

And another fun-fact, that I believe I have, indeed, said before: I sketched that Damian picture from my mind while watching some program on ghosts. I TRIED to make it look more like him from the pictures on the website, but I believe I failed.

Oh, and as a last word, does anybody have a picture of the back of Tim's head?
  • QUOTE (rossissuzy @ Nov 4 2005, 07:43 PM)
    and after that, draw napoleon dynamite
    and check out Significant Other Studios... it's my friends website, I work with him... he draws good

Heh heh....Napoleon Dynamite. Never thought about drawing him. But I'll try....Google Pictures, here I come.

Wow! I love your friend's work!! And style, for that matter!!
  • OKAY A little bit of news. Apparently, I'll be staying home in bed all weekend. I sprained my ankle on Wednesday, and struggled through school with crutches, so this is my time to rest. My point is that I'll be doing a lot of sketching, with nothing else to do, so expect many pictures to come your way on Monday or so. And hopefully scanned, not taken with the dreaded camera.