In this Discussion

Guess people's ages from their artwork/pictures...

Comments

• how about draw something for everyone on The List?

hint: draw a purple polar bear for 76 and pandas for HFoC...
  • QUOTE (shades of blue @ Dec 27 2005, 11:20 PM)
    how about draw something for everyone on The List?

hint: draw a purple polar bear for 76 and pandas for HFoC...

Hah, I shall bookmark the list and hope that I'm able to think of something for each.

Any more hints as to what to draw for the others on The List?

WELL, I'm starting to hallucinate that it's daytime. That scares me, so I'm gonna go to bed now. I'll start the purple polar bear soon.

G'night!
  • more hints: make darbie's drawing most special...and for spongie, make sure it is not sponge bob--(unless you put the character in a big red circle with a "no" line thru him...or you can draw some kind of cool bomb for her, as spongie is the bomb and not the bob!

it'll be interesting to see what you come up with for everyone later...but yes, goodnight sounds good. cool.gif
  • QUOTE (shades of blue @ Dec 27 2005, 11:33 PM)
    more hints: make darbie's drawing most special...and for spongie, make sure it is not sponge bob--(unless you put the character in a big red circle with a "no" line thru him...or you can draw some kind of cool bomb for her, as spongie is the bomb and not the bob!

it'll be interesting to see what you come up with for everyone later...but yes, goodnight sounds good. cool.gif

Ahh, well, after just waking up, I...must go. I stayed up until midnight drawing the purple polar bear. I had no idea what a polar bear looked like, so I assumed a....white bear. o__o

Yea.

PURPLE POLAR BEAR
    [attachment=215:attachment]

I'll do everyone else soon...I gotta go!! I get to walk half an hour to my friend's birthday party. Hopefully, not walk back. But...yea. I hope y'like the bear! I'm proud of the face.

Toodle loo, everyone.
  • its cute!....wow another purple polar bear...its a FRIGGEN OUTBREAK!
  • yOU Said you wanted critiques, right? Ok. Well, both Tim and Damian have sttonger chins than the ones you gave them, and the way you did Tim's glasses made them look like sunglasses. It might help if you posed them differently. Other than that, those drawings are awesome. I hope I wasn't too harsh. You're very talented. Keep on drawing, alright? And your purple polar bear was cute. You should send it to Dave, as he claims to be one. smile.gif
  • hey werent u supposed to draw me a peson hanging from a rainbow? o well. lol im gona draw it meeeself and see how it turns out.. ill post some of my arts later.maybe tomorow. i got a birthday/sleepover party thingy to get ready for.
  • Yay! Responses!

RoRo: Thanks!
    cadillac64: Ugh. Those OLD drawings burn. Their necks are also way too long, and they're just flat hideous. I ruined the glory of Damian and Tim. And no critique is too harsh, unless you say "It just sucks." but that's true, so it wouldn't be too harsh. Thank you for the honest critique, too!! And this Dave you speak of...76, I'm guessing?
    GirlInTheDark: Sorry, I never got around to it. x__x School came up, and Mr. Matt took over my mind. -shot- Yea...post your art!!!

EDIT: My purple polar bear looks like Barney.
  • coolness comes in the form of that purple polar bear... cool.gif
  • QUOTE (YeOldeEnglish @ Dec 28 2005, 07:12 PM)
    EDIT: My purple polar bear looks like Barney.

Pshht. It's too thin to be Barny.
  • QUOTE (cadillac64 @ Dec 28 2005, 07:36 PM)
    Pshht. It's too thin to be Barny.

Hah hah, I meant in colour, mostly. But if he was morbidly obese, THEN he'd be a Barney, no?
  • cute drawing, tho it looks more like a regular teddy bear than polar bear...i think it's your manga/anime influence that keeps you drawing on the slim side...just a comment, not a criticism... cool.gif
  • QUOTE (shades of blue @ Dec 28 2005, 09:30 PM)
    cute drawing, tho it looks more like a regular teddy bear than polar bear...i think it's your manga/anime influence that keeps you drawing on the slim side...just a comment, not a criticism... cool.gif

I agree. To both it looking like a teddy bear, and that it's that horrid anime/manga influence. But: against the opinions of my only 3 'friends', I have recently restricted myself to drawing realisim sketches. They still have that small hint of cartoon, but I like that. 'Tis my excuse for my own style.

Speaking of which, I tried Damian again. This time, I had me some delicious reference. The lovely cadillac64 got me to try again. I love comparing my work to my elder pieces. It showes me how much I've improved, and gives my self esteem a little boost!!

So, my new and improved Damian:
    [attachment=216:attachment]

Since the scan and downsize killed the facial details, and made it all pixel-ey, here's a close up of the face, non-pixelated:
    [attachment=217:attachment]

So. Please...comment and critique! By the way, cadillac64, I'm relying on you for suggestions!

EDIT: And, of course, this is fresh from the sketchbook. I haven't cleaned it up, nor have I finished it. So...erm...this is your chance to help me fix it before it's finished..?
  • uhhhh . . . do you folks want to see some stuff from my sketch book?

I already know the answer. I'll post them in a bit.
  • I DO! i love seeing ppl's art ^^
  • Let me explain these first. This is for my advanced art class, so we have to draw whatever we have that week four different times. Upper left corner is Expressive, U.R. is Contour, L.L. is All Value, and L.R. is A combination of the three.

• Wowies.. thats awesome.
  • Those are awesome!

I'm glad you people are finally posting your own stuff...! It was empty here for awhile.
  • QUOTE (YeOldeEnglish @ Dec 28 2005, 10:45 PM)
    I agree. To both it looking like a teddy bear, and that it's that horrid anime/manga influence. But: against the opinions of my only 3 'friends', I have recently restricted myself to drawing realisim sketches. They still have that small hint of cartoon, but I like that. 'Tis my excuse for my own style.

Speaking of which, I tried Damian again. This time, I had me some delicious reference. The lovely cadillac64 got me to try again. I love comparing my work to my elder pieces. It showes me how much I've improved, and gives my self esteem a little boost!!

So, my new and improved Damian:
    [attachment=216:attachment]

Since the scan and downsize killed the facial details, and made it all pixel-ey, here's a close up of the face, non-pixelated:
    [attachment=217:attachment]

So. Please...comment and critique! By the way, cadillac64, I'm relying on you for suggestions!

EDIT: And, of course, this is fresh from the sketchbook. I haven't cleaned it up, nor have I finished it. So...erm...this is your chance to help me fix it before it's finished..?

Ok, so the shading beneath Damian's chin is too heavy and a little off. It almost makes him look like he's trying to grow a beard. Know what I mean? Something about his nose is wrong, but I can't quite put my finger on it...I really like the eyes, although they're a bit too far apart. I love that you can see them in this drawing. It gives him so much more life. After all, eyes are the windows into our souls...Over all, I think it's great, but I do have one request. Do you think you could try drawing him with a happier expression? I love it when he smiles... biggrin.gif