In this Discussion

Guess people's ages from their artwork/pictures...

Comments

• QUOTE (YeOldeEnglish @ Jan 6 2006, 09:06 PM)
    Sorry it's taken me so long to reply.

On our second day or so back to school, we were hit with the EXIT project, otherwise known as the Community Service report... Which, by the way, if we do not pass, we fail the class and get held back a year. It's really the pinnacle of the 8th grade in my school district. While most students chose to do theirs on stuff like animal abuse, and Alzheimer's, I chose good ol' Multiple Personality Disorder. One part of the project is doing 6 hours of community service, which I am actually looking forward to. We get graded on everything from how well and clearly we speak, to how cluttered our poster (or PowerPoint presentation) is. Oh, and we have a minimum of 15 minutes to present. MINIMUM. I have a bad habit of talking fast and quietly. In otherwords, mumbling. We perform in front of 5 or so judges. Practice?

Erm. Rant. Sorry. Anyways, more purple, eh? XD'

Hm...I like the guy's hair. Looks fun. But I don't know how long it will take me, with the EXIT project now haunting my every thought. So I'm sorry of there's a long wait.

Oh, and what do you suggest for the others on 'The List'?

What "list" do you speak of? And I feel really sorry for you. I NEVER had to do anything like that EXIT thing. But if I had I would have chosen to be a Big Sister. That's such a great program. And I love children, so...yeah. DRAW MORE NOW!
  • QUOTE (cadillac64 @ Jan 7 2006, 05:09 PM)
    What "list" do you speak of? And I feel really sorry for you. I NEVER had to do anything like that EXIT thing. But if I had I would have chosen to be a Big Sister. That's such a great program. And I love children, so...yeah. DRAW MORE NOW!

The List that shades of blue posted.

Hah hah. I'm actually looking forward to the EXIT. Yea, I thought about that Big Sister thing. My sister actually once did it. But she never followed through. We just constantly got mail...

Hah hah. Demanding...!

Back to the subject of drawing, for my birthday, my friend gave me this spiffy new set of various pencils. from 9B to H. There's a bloody F pencil. I never knew there was such thing as an F pencil. Anyways, I tested 'em all and liked B. So, I started sketching a mannequin/manikin, or however you choose to spell it. It was a female mannequin, too. Though it's kinda hard to tell, I just thought I'd tell you anyways.

So. While the picture finishes scanning, I'll tell you a little about how it started. Listening to AC/DC, sitting alone in my room, I got bored of messing up on Angus' guitar, and decided to take another route. I was dissapointed that my male mannequin, my 6 inch one, had gone retarted and now has some sort of bone disease in the leg making it twist backwards and no left forearm (he had to gnaw it off because of the snake bite), so I went on to my 1-foot female mannequin. Who was new, by the way, and indeed, had a left forearm.

Sorry. Me and my friend got bored. We made him a story.

Anyways, here's the mannequin: http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/4423/mannequin0576wt.jpg

Next up: New Angus. This was drawn from a photo of him that was taken during the early years, hence the note in my impossible-to-read handwriting. My friends compliment me on it, then I ask them what it says. Then they go silent. Ahh, good times. http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/6752/an...tches0589ya.jpg

As you can see, I didn't do the face again. I've been practicing, but as he stated in an interview, he has some crazy lips. Crazy in a good way, though. On a question about the definition a stiff upper lip, after his brother replied about how models tend to have pouty expressions, Angus replied with: "I have a bit of a big upper lip myself and if you look at "Highway to Hell" you can see that for yourself. (laughs) You can see my lips pouting saying "Buy this record. This man looks hungry." Hah hah, funny man. It was recent too, 2001. They say we should expect more tours. Whooo. -dies-

And lastly, a character of mine, Charlie. His hair was based off of a kid I know, Matt, another kid I know, George, and yet another kid I know, Steven. Matt has only the coolest hair ever, and that took the basic shape. I got the semi-straight look from George, and the flip from Steven. These 3 young men know nothing of this. http://img305.imageshack.us/img305/4601/charlie0566yd.jpg

About Charlie, as you can see in my little notes, I think his head turned out too small, his arm too long, as is his hand too small. The picture also needs more details, but seeing as it was just a fun sketch that slowly morphed into a better quality, cleaner sketch, I didn't bother with clothing wrinkles and such.

And you were right. His eyes still look sleepy. He's supposed to be an upbeat guy, happy, but sort of cocky. Big eyes. Big grin, always. Yeeeaaa...by the way, Charlie originally was brought up when my iPod arrived. The iPod's name was Charlie. Until I found out a bunch of stuff, and now the iPod is Charlie's evil twin, Charles, and Charlie is waiting for me in the Apple store in the mall, but I can't buy him until I get my $222. 51 back from Mr. Fuck-Face, and there's so much to it and I believe I've typed it all here somewhere. Charlie was actually an old, old character of mine, from the 4th grade or something. I just re-designed him and said he was my iPod.

And yes, the Charlie/Charles story was yet another product of me and my bored friends.

All in all, sorry they're all so large. You all know my excuse. x_x

That's all there is to say....XD' Cadillac, here's your call.

-light with outline of a car flashes through the sky-

-theme song plays-

I'm such a dork.
  • Ok. We'll start with the mannequin. Firstly, I can't really tell where the source of light is. You have to justify your shadows. Secondly, I can't see your model, but the head is kind of shaped like a light bulb, and it's a bit too small. It almost seems like in your drawings, people get smaller from the feet up. Does that make sense. I would say it was just an error, but you do it so consistently, that I start to wonder if that's actually how you percieve people. The joints could use a bit more definition, as could the right arm. It's blurry. And I'm wondering what's going on with her hips. The shading is wierd.
    Next, Angus: Haha. He looks funny. Just the way he's posed. You did a terrific job with his legs and feet, although, I can nit pick if you wish. The arch in his left foot is off somehow. It looks like it's resting on a very small speed bump or somehting. You may have exaggerated it a bit. I'm not sure. The shading in his right foot isn't quite level with his foot and the ground. But again, I would need to see the photo that you copied to draw any real conclusions. His right calf is bigger than his left. I don't know if that's how it was intended. And something is wrong with his right knee. It's too high on his leg, and it looks swollen. Actually, I can't really tell where his knee is. Is it the lump above or below the line of his knee sock? On both legs. You may want to clarify. I can't tell where his waist is. I see where his shirt is tucked in, but there isn't any, um..."indentation" for lack of a better word. Umm his left pant leg is kinda doing something funky. It almost looks like it's cut that way. His left arm and hand are bigger than his right. He needs more definition in his neck, and he has no face. Still. Faces are hard, huh? I know.
    And last, Charlie: It's the same with him as with the mannequin. He gets smaller from the feet up. His hand is almost bigger than his head, but you know, some people are like that, and he's your character, so really, whatever you say goes. His arm is way too long for his body. But you could call it abstract and say that it represents "Power to the People" and that's what you did to emphasize the message was make the symbol stronger than the character. His legs are too big for his torso. All in all, he has the basic shape of an emaciated pear. His torso and his head are too small for the rest of his body. But if that means something, it's ok.

I think that's all I have to say. I hope it doesn't make your brain explode when you try to make sense of it. I don't understand my thoughts, so I shouldn't expect you to. Anyway, thanks for my theme music. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (cadillac64 @ Jan 8 2006, 08:45 PM)
    Ok. We'll start with the mannequin. Firstly, I can't really tell where the source of light is. You have to justify your shadows. Secondly, I can't see your model, but the head is kind of shaped like a light bulb, and it's a bit too small. It almost seems like in your drawings, people get smaller from the feet up. Does that make sense. I would say it was just an error, but you do it so consistently, that I start to wonder if that's actually how you percieve people. The joints could use a bit more definition, as could the right arm. It's blurry. And I'm wondering what's going on with her hips. The shading is wierd.
    Next, Angus: Haha. He looks funny. Just the way he's posed. You did a terrific job with his legs and feet, although, I can nit pick if you wish. The arch in his left foot is off somehow. It looks like it's resting on a very small speed bump or somehting. You may have exaggerated it a bit. I'm not sure. The shading in his right foot isn't quite level with his foot and the ground. But again, I would need to see the photo that you copied to draw any real conclusions. His right calf is bigger than his left. I don't know if that's how it was intended. And something is wrong with his right knee. It's too high on his leg, and it looks swollen. Actually, I can't really tell where his knee is. Is it the lump above or below the line of his knee sock? On both legs. You may want to clarify. I can't tell where his waist is. I see where his shirt is tucked in, but there isn't any, um..."indentation" for lack of a better word. Umm his left pant leg is kinda doing something funky. It almost looks like it's cut that way. His left arm and hand are bigger than his right. He needs more definition in his neck, and he has no face. Still. Faces are hard, huh? I know.
    And last, Charlie: It's the same with him as with the mannequin. He gets smaller from the feet up. His hand is almost bigger than his head, but you know, some people are like that, and he's your character, so really, whatever you say goes. His arm is way too long for his body. But you could call it abstract and say that it represents "Power to the People" and that's what you did to emphasize the message was make the symbol stronger than the character. His legs are too big for his torso. All in all, he has the basic shape of an emaciated pear. His torso and his head are too small for the rest of his body. But if that means something, it's ok.

I think that's all I have to say. I hope it doesn't make your brain explode when you try to make sense of it. I don't understand my thoughts, so I shouldn't expect you to. Anyway, thanks for my theme music. biggrin.gif

XD Thanks for all the input.

About Charlie; he actually has no bottom half. I got started then erased it all because I was messing it up. I DO have that handy anatomy book, but it shows a bit more than what's wanted to be seen, and doesn't illustrate how clothing conforms to the body, which is one thing that would help. In fact, it doesn't illustrate clothing at all.

But, yea. I really should refer to that for torso and head information. I agree with your 'smaller from the feet up' thing.

I KNEW his arm was too long. Damn. When I had it down just roughly I asked a friend and all he said was, as I posted, that he looked like Michael Jackson.

Anyways, thanks! Headin' off to school now. We start our band mini-courses today. Rock/Pop history! YEA!!!
  • I like the idea of this thread!

Hello. I am a picture whore.
  • C'mon, somebody guess my age. sad.gif
  • well uve got to be at least 16+

so i guess 19
  • Im guessing your an 18 years old, Female from ILLINOIS ... i did not go to your myspace and check, I am phychic...
  • damnit i wish i had thought of that..
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Jan 18 2006, 09:49 AM)
    Im guessing your an 18 years old, Female from ILLINOIS ... i did not go to your myspace and check, I am phychic...

If you were in fact PSYCHIC, you would probably be able to spell it correctly.
  • QUOTE (cadillac64 @ Jan 18 2006, 07:47 PM)

haha, this...from YOU? ..classic. you and pandy should take "how to become less dumb" classes and you need to be more selective on who you decide to pick on.
  • Hmmm. I was starting to like you...I was only kidding. My dad's a writer, so I've always been really picky about grammar. It was really nothing personal. You can spell psychic however you want to. I didn't mean to pick on anyone. Plus I really like Felicia, and Melissa. They're both awesome, but they seem to like Canada a little too much. Actually I've never been to Canada, so I really wouldn't know.
  • Heheh. I lied on there. I'm 14. How'd you get to my myspace? I don't remember posting it here...
  • QUOTE (cadillac64 @ Jan 18 2006, 04:47 PM)

QUOTE (76 @ Jan 18 2006, 05:52 PM)
    haha, this...from YOU? ..classic. you and pandy should take "how to become less dumb" classes and you  need to be more selective on who you decide to pick on.

i had a preminition that if if spelled psychic wrong my peeps would back me up.... moral of the story: im psychic...and I can play you all like peices on my evil chessboard.... tongue.gif

QUOTE (dobug @ Jan 18 2006, 06:05 PM)
    Heheh. I lied on there. I'm 14. How'd you get to my myspace? I don't remember posting it here...

lol... sequance of events: okgo board>profile>website>my space... that and plus im a ninja
    ph34r.gif
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Jan 19 2006, 03:49 AM)
    i had a preminition that if if spelled psychic wrong my peeps would back me up.... moral of the story: im psychic...and I can play you all like peices on my evil chessboard.... tongue.gif
    lol... sequance of events: okgo board>profile>website>my space... that and plus im a ninja
    ph34r.gif

My website isn't on my profile...is it?
    Anyway, my site says I'm 14. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (cadillac64 @ Jan 18 2006, 08:54 PM)
    Hmmm. I was starting to like you...

..all my hopes and dreams dashed in one fell swoop.
  • QUOTE (dobug @ Jan 18 2006, 10:32 PM)
    My website isn't on my profile...is it?
    Anyway, my site says I'm 14. smile.gif

ya your right... sowie i went to your site from the website on the pictures... also im so stupido that i missed where it said your age on your website... it doesnt matter, im still a ninja ph34r.gif
  • Ahh, deeply sorry for the long absence, folks. That horrid EXIT project has taken over my bloody life.

But, on the bright side...I get to wear a pretty black dress. ^^ Too bad I'll wind up throwing up all over the pretty black dress, from nervousness (is that a word?). For the inquiring minds, it's this dress, but, obviously, in black. I love the neck line.

Yes. I feel bad just showing up randomly and posting only here...from now on I'll make an effort to post more often. In different places.

Well, new pictures.

DeviantART: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/28353484/

http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/2001/copyofeye0694js.jpg

Stock: http://www.sxc.hu/browse.phtml?f=view&id=447218

2B pencil, no eraser. No big feat, really. 2Bs tend to blend themselves, and those lines I didn't mean to put...done in a total of 17 minutes.

I got one comment from my good friend Matt, whom I call Canada-Matt, as not to be confused with that arrogant, shallow bastard at my school, and he said that the 'eyeline', probably referring to the eyelid, was weird, and that the eyelashes seemed random.

Next up, Cillian Murphy.

Top Picture Stock: http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/3782/cillianmurphy3hp.png
    Bottom Picture Stock: http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/1820/cillianmurphy24mt.png

DeviantART: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/27783513/

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/4854/cillian0604zy.jpg

I know I kind of...ruined...the glory of his lips. This was my very first attempt at a face. Used the same, glorious 2B pencil. The bottom picture was just for fun; it's the top left 4th of his face. Hah. Anyways, even if it doesn't look like him, I like how the top-drawing's eyes turned out; darker near the nose/upper eyelid.

DeviantART: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/28229072/

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/1998/mattfunny0660ph.jpg

Hah hah, this is really a small inside joke, but I like how the figure turned out. That arrogant Matt kid I was talking about? I had a crush on him recently, and I still slightly do. (Mind still slightly refuses to accept his arrogance and self-obsession.) Soo, I got bored and drew him. Besides, he had the coolest hair ever (dare I say it? Cooler than Damian's!) and unique anatomy. I liked it, so I drew him. Well, Jeremy and Sarah called it creepy. So to bug Jeremy about it, his birthday was last friday, so I drew this on his card. I think I just like how blunt the Led Zeppelin shirt was.

It's simply identifying Matt's trademarks. If you can't read it, as you probably won't be able to, the little notes beside him read as follows, in no particular order:
    Fender Strat
    poofy hair
    Slight high-waters
    Courdory pants
    Vans slip-ons
    Led Zeppelin shirt

Lastly, just a little demon sketch.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/267/dragondemon0637gz.jpg

Sorry this one is so big, but as you can see, it already got pixelated from the downsizing.

This is all I have now. So, please. Cadillac, or anyone else who is willing...critique?
  • New picture:

2 of my friends have said that the hand holding the umbrella is off, but that's all they said. People are so vague. Can any of you tell me what about it is off? What I can do to fix it?

Fun facts: Took 1 hour and 23 minutes, roughly. 2 runs of OK Go's first CD. I have a habit of putting them on when I draw. Hah.

Um. I'm thinking of vectoring it once I find my photoshop CD. Having everything black and white except for the skin and eyes, or something. Maybe put some colour in the umbrella. I don't know.

This picture reminds me so much of Mary Poppins.

Critique please!!
  • QUOTE (YeOldeEnglish @ Feb 6 2006, 03:16 AM)
    Critique please!!

First up, I probably have no idea what I'm talking about because I suck at drawing (and they all are sups good, by the way!)

The cillian murphy picture - his lips look a bit feminine and his cheekbones look a bit harsh. But I like how there's a closer up pic of his eye. That one looks really gooooood.

And for your new picture, the umbrella one. Is it just me or does the dude have a peanut head?