In this Discussion

Happy List

Comments

• After being a fan for 13 years, I finally met Jakob Dylan... TWICE! smile.gif
  • QUOTE (MyFavoritePerson @ Sep 2 2009, 04:17 PM)
    After being a fan for 13 years, I finally met Jakob Dylan... TWICE! smile.gif

whoo hoo!!!
  • Stumbling into boardies in other corners of the Internet!
    To elaborate, I ran into Vinca15/Vinnie/Angela on a random LJ community and it made my day.
  • The Happy List is too low on the page, IMO.

Katy is in the states! And what's better? We've got plans for tomorrow! And what's Even Better! Travis just announced a Higgins show at the Mercury Lounge tomorrow!

So. Awesome.
  • the new party city commercial makes me happy...
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Dec 29 2009, 09:30 AM)
    the new party city commercial makes me happy...

Everytime it pops on, I stop what I'm doing so I can listen to it. I'm so happy for them!!!
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Dec 29 2009, 10:07 AM)
    Everytime it pops on, I stop what I'm doing so I can listen to it. I'm so happy for them!!!

i squeal with happiness every time it comes on, which seems to frighten my dog...
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Dec 29 2009, 01:53 PM)
    i squeal with happiness every time it comes on, which seems to frighten my dog...

I have cats, they could care less.

You and your beau are in Ausin's photo gallery for the last Dots show, if you haven't seen it yet. You both look very adorable.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Dec 30 2009, 07:42 AM)
    You and your beau are in Ausin's photo gallery for the last Dots show, if you haven't seen it yet. You both look very adorable.

i did see that...
    i also saw that the boy made that very picture his computer background last time i was over there... would it be too cheesy of me to say that makes me happy?!? smile.gif
  • hurray, darbie! btw, is that party city commercial on youtube perhaps? Also, sometime in May (I think around Memorial Day) I'll be in Chicago for a pediatric dentistry convention. I hope Ok Go or dot dot dot will do a show the same weekend I'm in town. I'd love to see Becky again and meet Darbie.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Dec 30 2009, 08:30 PM)
    is that party city commercial on youtube perhaps? Also, sometime in May (I think around Memorial Day) I'll be in Chicago for a pediatric dentistry convention. I hope Ok Go or dot dot dot will do a show the same weekend I'm in town. I'd love to see Becky again and meet Darbie.

i haven't been able to find it on youtube yet... and dot dot dot have a show most weekends, so hopefully that'll work out...
  • While this isn't the commercial, this is the song that's in the commercial: Party Go On.

I'd love to see you again Miss Rose!! I've heard that OK Go would be back in April. And yes, what Darbs said, the Dots usually have a show on the weekends. Hopefully it'll be one close to the city and not down in Bloomington, IN.
  • Hey look, the Dots posted the commercial. Check it: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#/video/v...0837&ref=mf
  • And to make this a three-peat...

The album version of Last Leaf makes me really happy and so melancholy at the same time. I love that I can hear the frogs in the background. *sigh*

Oh, and my new car makes me happy. The payments not so much, but the ability to go places again, that's pretty fucking awesome.
  • - xmas gifts that arrive late from the post <3
  • - my new CDs <3 ...
    - for each new CD a concert in the next 6 weeks (OK Go, Adam Green, Vampire Weekend)
    - snow. everywhere, everyday smile.gif
  • sweetened condensed milk! I can seriously down a whole can in a matter of 2 minutes... it's my addiction!
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Jan 11 2010, 09:53 AM)
    - for each new CD a concert in the next 6 weeks (OK Go, Adam Green, Vampire Weekend)

i'm jealous
  • My happy list as of 01/14/10 in no particular order 1. songs that have brass or banjos or, better yet, songs that have both
    2. John Wayne's walk 3. cuddling with my sweeties 4. OK GO 5. Breyers vanilla ice cream with frozen blue berries
    6. sleeping in my wrist braces so my wrists don't hurt during the day 7. our magic blanket 8. Garrison Keillor
    9. love notes from my babies 10. when my facebook friends totally crack me up (I extra love it when this happens at work)
    11. Jack Benny 12. citrus scents 13. color! 14. a good sense of reality tempered with positivity
    15. my wonderful friends & family (that would be you) 16. getting to see my cousins, the most fantastic people I know
    17. receiving packages in the mail 18. my cerulean pashmina scarf 19. tv on DVD 20. She & Him 21. marching band

• Cubs pre-season starts March 4th!

AND Greg Maddux will be back as an assistant to general manager Jim Hendry. His duties will include assisting the coaching staffs at the Major League and Minor League levels in Spring Training, assisting in the development of Cubs Minor Leaguers during the regular season and assisting Hendry and the baseball operations department in talent evaluation.

Oh baseball, how I've missed you. Now here's to hoping we actually have a good season!