In this Discussion

Happy List

Comments

• Awww, I came here to post my happy and Sam's confetti greets me.  Yay!

My Happy List?  JP Jones.  I've loved him for years, and now he's working with Chrissie Hynde, and he thinks I'm awesome and gorgeous.  Those are his words.  Awesome and Gorgeous.  HE is awesome and gorgeous.  And he thinks the same of me.  I just want to say "Awesome" and "Gorgeous" a few more times.  Awesome Gorgeous Awesome Gorgeous Awesome Gorgeous Awesome Gorgeous Awesome Gorgeous Awesome Gorgeous Awesome Gorgeous Awesome Gorgeous Awesome Gorgeous Awesome Gorgeous Awesome Gorgeous Awesome Gorgeous Awesome Gorgeous.

Awesome Gorgeous.

• - Paul Dano in Little Miss Sunshine.

- Getting Last Leaf stuck in my head everytime I walk outside and see the last of the autumn leaves falling from the trees.

- Getting stuff in the mail.

- Pasta on toast.

• - My boss was busy and asked me if I could do a check-up on two of her teenaged patients. They both knew about Ok Go and also want them very much to come here and do a show.

- One of those girls wears a really cool pair of glasses but it turns out she doesn't need glasses, she just thinks they look good and wants to wear them. Counting me, there are four people studying to be pediatric dentists. It suddenly made me proud to be the dentist that wears the glasses.

- My boss was eager to leave for the day and kept chanting, "Ok Go, Ok Go, Ok Go." Then she looked at me and said, "No, not that Ok Go." Right after which, she said to another teacher who had had a bad day, "Stop worrying, this too shall pass." True story, she had no idea she had just gone from chanting "ok go" to mentioning one of their song titles without even trying.

Twas a rather Ok Go day.

• Tempe, that's awesome!

I had a similar experience the other day where a student at my school yelled "Please! Let it rain!" followed by "Ok…GO!"

• There's a playlist on my ipod that I customised so that it only contains songs that have been played less than 20 times (don't ask why haha)

Anyway 23 (played at google) is in that list and guess what...its number 23 out of....wait for it...32.

No joke. Seriously.

That's right people its a triple win (in my eyes)

BOOYAH!

• - heard dot dot dot on the radio yesterday!..
  • darbie_starpower said:- heard dot dot dot on the radio yesterday!..

Which station?!

• 92.7, 'tis a bourbonnias station, so you probably don't get it that far north...
  • Nope, I don't. :( We're trying to get them on The Mix 101.9 up here. That station seems to be the best fit for their music.
  • beckysioux said: We're trying to get them on The Mix 101.9 up here. That station seems to be the best fit for their music.

plus dots played their party in the park last year and are again this year, so they really should play them on the station!..

• I'm smiling because Beckysioux is awesome. I had a craptastic day yesterday, and she made it feel soooo much better. You rock, girl!

• Tempe Arizona said:

I'm smiling because Beckysioux is awesome. I had a craptastic day yesterday, and she made it feel soooo much better. You rock, girl!

Aw, shucks. So glad I was able to make your day brighter!

• I gave myself a little giggle today at work when I needed to type in an example name on a letter template. I started to type "John Smith" then thought, the hell with it (Doctor Who reference notwithstanding), and typed in "Damian Kulash" instead.

Not three minutes later I hear my sup shout from her cube at someone– "OK?GO!"

Little happies to make my day a little brighter. =D

• I learned how to play catch using a mitt! Oh, and I have my own mitt now, too.
  • 1) The newest Voodoo Doughnut is the Eugene Spicy Chai. Mmm... Totally worth the gluten related consequence.

2) I can still fluster the cute young things, despite my advancing age, with little more than a cherry-red-lipsticked smile. It makes the last couple hours of a lonely, frumpy birthday feel pretty damn good.

3) Coming back from a resigned, lone, 10:30 PM doughnut run--no-one came through with birthday treats at all!--to hear the Pixies cover of "Winterlong" playing as I unlocked my door (I left the radio on. Funny how apt the song is despite the summer season... I waited for you winterlong, You seemed to be where I belong...)

Smile

• i won tickets to see the swell season next week!..
  • Yesterday I went bowling for the first time ever and rolled two strikes. Today my girls and I spent the day (shopping, movie, learning to crochet) with a good friend and her son. Tomorrow I'm going to a concert (She & Him, Spoon)with my brother. Good times.
  • Tonight, myself and my friend laughed and laughed so hard that at various points we had to stop and go pee, she started snorting, and I started laughing so hard I was coughing and choking. Yep! We saw "Despicable Me" and then came to my house and watched Craig Ferguson's stand up comedy DVD, "A Wee Bit of Revolution." Also got in the new Doctor Who, but that wasn't the big time laughing part, that was just cool. Just like bowties.
  • Bowties are cool.

So is laughing with a friend until you snort. Smile

• My husband got us a xylophone at a yard sale for $3.