In this Discussion

Happy List

Comments

• Im happy because I just found out Im going to see Ok Go For the first TIME!!!In november which sucks though because thats in 4 months but still YAY!!!!hehehehehe Damian,Tim,Andy,Dan ahhh IM SOO HAPPY!!!I FEEL LIKE DAMIAN WHEN HE FIRST MET KERMIT THE FROG!!LOLZ
  • violetchaos364 said:

Have the quote boxes given up on me?

Anyway: Housemartins. I know nothing of the band but for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....WIgfP_OghQ

Since this is the Happy thread, it can go here!

Clip from Doctor Who, Tennant recording some nonsense for a character to fast forward though. The relevant section starts about :50.

Davey T has good taste. He's also just a bit older than me, which puts him right at the perfect age to have been a Housemartins fan when they were around. I got into them a couple years later when that "hits" collection was released in the US.

Today's happy list:

Farmers Market at opening (there are benefits to not being able to sleep, after all).

Heirloom tomatoes, fresh basil and a chanterelle garlic "chevre" - it's nearly "tomato sandwich season!!!"

(now I just need some fresh mozzerella and I'll be set for insalata caprese for the week. It's all I ate last august and I am excited by the prospect of doing that again!)

AND I got so much done last night. I am totally rocking my own awesomesocks! They're neon pink flamingos, by the way. My socks. Wink

• tiff124 said:Im happy because I just found out Im going to see Ok Go For the first TIME!!!In november which sucks though because thats in 4 months but still YAY!!!!hehehehehe Damian,Tim,Andy,Dan ahhh IM SOO HAPPY!!!I FEEL LIKE DAMIAN WHEN HE FIRST MET KERMIT THE FROG!!LOLZ

November is closer than you think. It'll be here in just a blink.

• If you haven't added me on twitter or facebook (which I can't access right now because China has blocked the site)…

Ping-pong tables…at the hotel.

Also lots of skyscraper-ish buildings.

Makes me miss the boardies and OKGo :P

• Completion is such a happy word. In all its forms.

It is complete.

I completed it.

I achieved completion...

by completing it.

I am complete.

Smile

• ChristelAdina said:

Today's happy list:

Farmers Market at opening (there are benefits to not being able to sleep, after all).

Heirloom tomatoes, fresh basil and a chanterelle garlic "chevre" – it's nearly "tomato sandwich season!!!"

(now I just need some fresh mozzerella and I'll be set for insalata caprese for the week. It's all I ate last august and I am excited by the prospect of doing that again!)

AND I got so much done last night. I am totally rocking my own awesomesocks! They're neon pink flamingos, by the way. My socks. Wink

I say "Awesomesocks!" to your awesomesocks.

And farmer's market? YUM. I love love love the Saturday Market in Portland. I went there a couple weeks ago; gotta love the food carts.

Love/Meh/Hate list for this week:

I worked about 40 hours at a SoR summer camp, which was fun but all of the kids are assholes.

THE CINNAMON CHALLENGE!!!!

This video of some of my best friends doing the Cinnamon Challenge. WARNING: Spiller alert!

Pluses: Being at the School all day, hanging out with other instructors and friends, meeting some nice campers, and 6 food carts being located less than a block away.

Cons: The kids are assholes.

POTATO CHAMPION: The best fries you will ever eat.

All of the good summer shows are on now! Leverage, Psych, White Collar (Matt Bomer is right up there with Dami ;) ), Covert Affairs, Burn Notice, Royal Pains, Being Human…I'm such a TV nerd. Thank God for TiVo.

I'm reading an interview right now of Dule Hill and James Roday of Psych, and here's an exact quote:

Best advice you've been given about life?

"Such is life- it is what it is- and 'this too shall pass.' It puts things in perspective so that you won't get caught up in circumstances."

I love it when two things I adore somehow cross over in strange coincidences.

• Not sure if you knew when you replied, Aidan, but the Saturday Farmers' Market here is AT the Eugene Saturday Market, so it's a win/win! Congregated Food Carts are dangerous because deciding is hard. :)

Spencer was clearly aided by wearing an Ok Go t-shirt ;)

• Drew Barrymore as Smashley Simpson in "Whip It."

Not really a fan of girl powery movies, or Ellen Page (YUCK), but Drew has impressed me again.

EDIT: I realize this is kind of a movie discussion related post, but it also makes me extremely happy.  She's silly.

• While I was walking through a parking lot after a swim meet, I saw a license plate that said SDR22.  It would have been better if it was SDR23 but it was close enough for me.  I was pretty mad about my races; I got 6th place three times in a row, so not only did I lose, but I probably got the worst number combo possible, so seeing the license plate cheered me up quite a bit.
  • ChristelAdina said:

Not sure if you knew when you replied, Aidan, but the Saturday Farmers' Market here is AT the Eugene Saturday Market, so it's a win/win! Congregated Food Carts are dangerous because deciding is hard. :)

Ah, combined markets! Even better!

I totally forgot that he was wearing his OK Go shirt in the video! Even though the video is completely random, I guess all roads somehow lead to OK Go.

It was funny, I decided I was going to wear a different band t-shirt every day of the week during the summer camps, and luckily I have not one, but 2 OK Go shirts. I wore my RGM one one day, and then the paint-splatter one two days later, but Spencer wore his tour shirt the day in between. Some of the kids wondered if we planned it. Which we didn't.

I actually kind of like Ellen Page (but that's probably because people keep saying I look like her) and I did really like Whip It. Roller derby is so badass. 

I guess I should actually put some happy things in here.

1. I got my ears pierced last night. Not a huge deal but it's quite a big leap for me; I'm absolutely terrified of needles.

2.My showband group auditions went fantastically well; we had to learn Ooh La La by the Faces on as many different instruments as we could. My director actually got sick of me offering to play so many instruments (7, if you care.)

3. My birthday is on Thursday, which is exciting because I'm hoping to get screenprinting stuff so I can make my own t-shirts. Also, my friend told me he bought me the OK Go guitar tabs book. Epic win.

• Aleatory said:
    ChristelAdina said:

Not sure if you knew when you replied, Aidan, but the Saturday Farmers' Market here is AT the Eugene Saturday Market, so it's a win/win! Congregated Food Carts are dangerous because deciding is hard. :)

Ah, combined markets! Even better!

I totally forgot that he was wearing his OK Go shirt in the video! Even though the video is completely random, I guess all roads somehow lead to OK Go.

It was funny, I decided I was going to wear a different band t-shirt every day of the week during the summer camps, and luckily I have not one, but 2 OK Go shirts. I wore my RGM one one day, and then the paint-splatter one two days later, but Spencer wore his tour shirt the day in between. Some of the kids wondered if we planned it. Which we didn't.

I actually kind of like Ellen Page (but that's probably because people keep saying I look like her) and I did really like Whip It. Roller derby is so badass. 

I guess I should actually put some happy things in here.

1. I got my ears pierced last night. Not a huge deal but it's quite a big leap for me; I'm absolutely terrified of needles.

2.My showband group auditions went fantastically well; we had to learn Ooh La La by the Faces on as many different instruments as we could. My director actually got sick of me offering to play so many instruments (7, if you care.)

3. My birthday is on Thursday, which is exciting because I'm hoping to get screenprinting stuff so I can make my own t-shirts. Also, my friend told me he bought me the OK Go guitar tabs book. Epic win.

1. I had money on it being an OK Go tattoo! (Just kidding...)

2. This is the Happy List thing for my post: YOU can play "Ooh La La", I love the FACES (and the small faces, too)! If we ever meet, I am going to ask you to repeat your audition performance. On the instrument of your choice, of course. You have been warned. :)

3. My friend (the one who did the Golem shirts and the newest shirts for the remaining dates on the Pixies Doolittle Anniversary tour) just acquired a vintage six-color press. I believe it was for his birthday (ish), as well. I can't wait to see what he, and you, turn out. Make sure you tell the guys at Voodoo it's your birthday. Birthday Doughnuts rock.

• ChristelAdina said:

1. I had money on it being an OK Go tattoo! (Just kidding...)

2. This is the Happy List thing for my post: YOU can play "Ooh La La", I love the FACES (and the small faces, too)! If we ever meet, I am going to ask you to repeat your audition performance. On the instrument of your choice, of course. You have been warned. :)

3. My friend (the one who did the Golem shirts and the newest shirts for the remaining dates on the Pixies Doolittle Anniversary tour) just acquired a vintage six-color press. I believe it was for his birthday (ish), as well. I can't wait to see what he, and you, turn out. Make sure you tell the guys at Voodoo it's your birthday. Birthday Doughnuts rock.

Oh boy, I could barely do the stud gun, no way I could have done a tattoo. But maybe, eventually.

I assure you, if we ever cross paths, I will play Ooh La La for you. Probably on guitar or banjo, or piano. It is incredibly hard to sing while playing violin :D

I'll probably end up posting this in the Fan Art thread, but...

HAPPY LIST

1. First idea for a t-shirt? Imagine: Paracadute! in a large font, with a picture of a treadmill floating from a parachute under it.  (c) Aleatory, 2010

2. The thought of birthday doughnuts. Yum.

3. Organic, gluten-free fish and chips at the Corbett Fish House.

• 1. One of the shirts I was working on was very similar, but instead of a treadmill, it was Bunny in the Parachute (there's also one with the waterboy suit, one with Orange Bill, one with a tiny RGM and, naturally, one with a pair of Damain's pants...because I was giggling at the thought of him in "Paracadute Pants".) I know, I'm odd...

2. Where is this Corbett Fish House, and can I eat there every day??? :)

• ChristelAdina said:

1. One of the shirts I was working on was very similar, but instead of a treadmill, it was Bunny in the Parachute (there's also one with the waterboy suit, one with Orange Bill, one with a tiny RGM and, naturally, one with a pair of Damain's pants…because I was giggling at the thought of him in "Paracadute Pants".) I know, I'm odd…

Haha, Bunny and Orange Bill were some of the other options I was considering, but I figured if I did a treadmill it wouldn't be such a huge inside joke.

I love obscure t-shirts but I want at least someone to get it. Too bad none of you guys will ever see me wear it while walking down the street.

Um, the Corbett Fish House is in NW Portland. It really is the best fish and chips I've ever eaten. There's also the Hawthorne Fish House on SE Hawthorne Boulevard, which is the same thing, just a different name. Sorry, I don't think you'll be able to eat there every day…

Note: Someone needs to photoshop Dami in some Paracadute Pants. I think i'll get on that.

Happy list:

1. Lovely birthday wishes from everyone on FB

2. CHRISTEL'S AMAZING E CARD :D :D :D :D  

3. My puppy finally not chewing on my guitar stuff.

4. Second round auditions tonight, can guilt everyone into saying Happy Birthday :P

5. Paracadute pants

6. Me using the same guitar to audition as Damian uses for acoustic sets

7. Flight of the Conchords on ukulele

8. Had another OK Go dream last night. They were playing for a children's benefit or something and people were donating shoes. I remember being astounded because Damian didn't swear at all. Also, they played Invincible with a drum machine and Dan came to the front of the stage and just kind of stood there. I was off on the side of the stage and right next to Andy.

• My buddy's stand up debut (plus I promised him, that since this is the Happy List, and he made me laugh, that I would post this here.) He was with myself and my best guy friend Bill at the Chicago Metro show back in April, so some of you met him, so, again, my apologizes. >smirk!<

Happy Happy! Laugh  Hard to hear in places, but you'll get the gist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4I-M3hXNhw

• Aleatory said:
    ChristelAdina said:

1. One of the shirts I was working on was very similar, but instead of a treadmill, it was Bunny in the Parachute (there's also one with the waterboy suit, one with Orange Bill, one with a tiny RGM and, naturally, one with a pair of Damain's pants…because I was giggling at the thought of him in "Paracadute Pants".) I know, I'm odd…

I love obscure t-shirts but I want at least someone to get it. Too bad none of you guys will ever see me wear it while walking down the street.
    Note: Someone needs to photoshop Dami in some Paracadute Pants. I think i'll get on that.

Happy list:

4. Second round auditions tonight, can guilt everyone into saying Happy Birthday :P

5. Paracadute pants

8. Had another OK Go dream last night. They were playing for a children's benefit or something and people were donating shoes. I remember being astounded because Damian didn't swear at all. Also, they played Invincible with a drum machine and Dan came to the front of the stage and just kind of stood there. I was off on the side of the stage and right next to Andy.

Well, there's a chance I might see you in an inside joke shirt. I do go to PDX (when my wheelchair works). You could always go with one of the OK Go logos hanging from the parachute. That's the graphic that looks best on  my computer, so I imagine it would work best on a shirt, as well.

Yes. Please PS Damian into some Paracadute Pants! I couldn't make that work... Smile

FOTC on ukulele? Double awesome socks (so, like, 2 pair...)

Good luck at auditions tonight. Wink

• ChristelAdina said:
    Aleatory said:
    ChristelAdina said:

Happy list:

5. Paracadute pants

Well, there's a chance I might see you in an inside joke shirt. I do go to PDX (when my wheelchair works). You could always go with one of the OK Go logos hanging from the parachute. That's the graphic that looks best on  my computer, so I imagine it would work best on a shirt, as well.

Yes. Please PS Damian into some Paracadute Pants! I couldn't make that work... Smile

FOTC on ukulele? Double awesome socks (so, like, 2 pair...)

Good luck at auditions tonight. Wink

1. Auditions went wonderfully (the director thought my song was "beautiful." It shall be on YT soon-ish.)

1a. FOTC on Uke was part of my audition; I actually performed three times, yay for overachievement. I sang You Don't Have To Be a Prostitute and played uke while my friend (Spencer, the one from the Cinnamon Challenge vid) sang the Jemaine part. It was pretty awesomesocks.\

2. Awesome birthday flair from Amber :)

3. The fact that you guys all took the time to actually make the card and flair and stuff 

4. Banana-Nutella crepes from a food cart

• My Happy List is that last night Chrissie Hynde said "Hi Rachel, I'm really loving the Grace CD" onstage.  A rock 'n roll hall of fame inductee, whom I have never actually met, said hello to me by name last night.  You wanna talk surreal?  That moment was Effing Surreal.

If that wasn't enough, it happened while the Apple store was recording/filming.  So it's entirely possible that when the recording goes up for sale on iTunes my shout-out could be on it. 

• 1. My laptop is fixed!!!! My family thought that the two weeks away from it would cleanse me of my Internet addiction, but I couldn't even last two hours without it. ( I have technology seperation issues…) 

2. First soccer game of the season tomorrow! 32% chance we will win but it's going to be fun putting up a fight.

3. School is starting up again really soon. (Nerd alert!) 

• Yay for fixed computers and nerd-alerts! ;)

My happy for the day (as it's after midnight here now), is that I am finished with this week's editing assignments! They are assigned Thursday nights, so I'm way ahead of the game, despite the fact that the last two pieces took twice the time of all the others combined! Possibly because they were written by a f**kwit who can't follow the form entry instructions, and is apparently just a snarky bastard in addition to having assumed the title of "writer" under false pretenses... grumble grumble.

The Happy List thing, though, is that I am FINISHED! And I already got a whole day's worth of cursing out in the first half hour of a Saturday as I fixed that last article! Surprised