In this Discussion

OK Go on MADtv

Comments

• Oh, and that's not until January 13th..
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Dec 20 2006, 02:43 PM)
    Just so you know, they don't play the musical guests when they re-run mad tv on comedy central.

I just watched the re-run on TV and they had OK Go on along with Burleigh (is that his name?) on keyboards.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Dec 20 2006, 09:10 PM)
    Oh, and that's not until January 13th..

Wow.. well, I certainly screwed that up.. The Shins are a better band, anyway.

I didn't see OK Go last night! But I get Mad TV on... channel 11 (I think it's called 'CH'), not Comedy Central. So I danno.
  • Comedy Central doesn't air in Canada, so we don't get older episodes like this. They play ones from a few years ago, and our networks just do reruns from the latest season.
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Dec 24 2006, 08:54 AM)
    I just watched the re-run on TV and they had OK Go on along with Burleigh (is that his name?) on keyboards.

DAMMIT!!!! I totally forgot to watch. Please tell me someone taped it?
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Dec 24 2006, 05:07 PM)
    Comedy Central doesn't air in Canada, so we don't get older episodes like this. They play ones from a few years ago, and our networks just do reruns from the latest season.

OHH. So the Comedy Network isn't the same thing. I seeeeee. Well that's too bad.
  • Yeah, I wish the Comedy Network would play cool stuff like that. sad.gif
  • Haha, at least we've got the Report.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Dec 24 2006, 05:51 PM)
    Yeah, I wish the Comedy Network would play cool stuff like that. sad.gif

I would LOVE to have The Comedy Network. So many great shows originated there. Lucky Canucks. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Dec 24 2006, 05:54 AM)

I just watched it and I was coming on to ask who that was on the keyboard. How long was he around?
  • Burleigh Seaver The Surly Beaver and Ara Anderson used to tour with them when the first record came out.

Oliver is disappointed in you.
  • Well, I've seen him before, like in the video for YSDH. I can't know every single thing yet sad.gif I'm learning though!
  • Dude, I was kidding.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Dec 25 2006, 02:46 AM)
    Dude, I was kidding.

What did the Anderson guy do?
  • MADtv on Comedy Central is going to repeat a September 17, 2005 performance that has OK Go on it. I think this is the one with the Million Ways dance, although I could be wrong. unsure.gif

Saturday Mar 31, 2007 @ 09:00 AM ET
    Sunday Apr 1, 2007 @ 08:00 AM ET

MADtv (1101) 2005/09/17
    OK Go performs, as Ike and Bobby go to the Teen Choice Awards and Morgan Freeman narrates the film The March of the Animals in My Backyard in an episode of this fresh sketch comedy series.
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Mar 26 2007, 12:16 PM)
    MADtv on Comedy Central is going to repeat a September 17, 2005 performance that has OK Go on it. I think this is the one with the Million Ways dance, although I could be wrong. unsure.gif

Saturday Mar 31, 2007 @ 09:00 AM ET
    Sunday Apr 1, 2007 @ 08:00 AM ET

MADtv (1101) 2005/09/17
    OK Go performs, as Ike and Bobby go to the Teen Choice Awards and Morgan Freeman narrates the film The March of the Animals in My Backyard in an episode of this fresh sketch comedy series.

Unfortunately, they cut the performance out of the footage they show on Comedy Central, so while they show previews of them performing, you never get to see it.
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Mar 26 2007, 03:33 PM)
    Unfortunately, they cut the performance out of the footage they show on Comedy Central, so while they show previews of them performing, you never get to see it.

Comedy Central seem to be random wtih this. I see the posts from March last year about the channel not showing OK Go. dry.gif

But there was another performance that was repeated three months ago and they did show OK Go on TV. I saw it. smile.gif

Record it and hope that they don't edit the band out. I would hate for someone to miss seeing this if it's new to them on the chance that it may get edited. That would really be a poor decision on Comedy Central's part considering how OK Go's popularity has grown exponentially.
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Mar 26 2007, 12:48 PM)
    Comedy Central seem to be random wtih this. I see the posts from March last year about the channel not showing OK Go. dry.gif

Another indicator can be if the show is in a 60-minute or 30-minute slot. If it's a pared-down 30-minute version, chances are that they cut the musical guest out for time. If it's the full 60-minute version, we have a good shot at seeing the performance.