In this Discussion

Warped Tour anyone? Get presale tickets!

124»

Comments

• haha if I liked every band from Nola or every band that has worked really hard to get their music out, my head would explode.

It's just that they're not really my kind of music--I don't like listening to them. Don't worry, I do tell people who listen to similar music about them, though.
  • I know there has to be someone on this board who has been to Warped...can anyone help me out? I need to know what it's like, what to avoid, how bad is the moshing, and is it hard to get in the front? Is there anyone here with any advice?
  • It's very sticky and sweaty and loud, avoid really squealy girls, drunks, and people who skipped deodorant that morning, the moshing isn't that bad if you're not right at the front, even then it's pretty weak, aaand just try and get there early if you desperately want to be close to the stage.
  • QUOTE (AttAcKofTheELVES @ Jun 13 2006, 12:32 PM)
    I know there has to be someone on this board who has been to Warped...can anyone help me out? I need to know what it's like, what to avoid, how bad is the moshing, and is it hard to get in the front? Is there anyone here with any advice?

Bring at least one, if not two water bottles with you, and think about bringing food so you don't get ripped off by the venue vendors. I don't know what your venue is like, but the one I go to has water fountains so I didn't have to pay for more water. Also bring A LOT of sunscreen, def. wear deoderant as mentioned, moshing isn't bad unless the band is really screamo, and avoid the meet-and-greet tents because the lines are insane. You can usually meet a lot of band member just wandering around and they're very open for conversations. Decide before you go how much money you want to spend and watch what you buy--bands have lots of practice swindling you out of your money haha. Don't be stupid--think about what you're wearing (ie. no sandals for god's sake, studded belts hurt other people in mosh pits, wear something you don't have to fuss with all day and that you don't mind getting dirty, etc.)

And everything mixtape said is right.

Have fun and let us know how it goes! I haven't decided if I'm going this year or not.
  • Thanks for the advice. I'm not positive because my mom is the type to back out on things on the last minute. I'm gonna cry and beg if she says she has work...but if I do..I'll definatly post pics.
  • holy shit paramore are playing on the tour

im now insanely jelous...someone wave to hayley for me...and or kidnap her and send her to me

yes please!

also gym class heros are playing...hip hop meets emo, with a crazy crazy man with a huge flag
  • WOooo! My Warped is tomorrow!! I'll post pics.
  • Awesome!! Have a fabulous time! smile.gif
  • rember to cheer paramore!
  • I'll be sure to do that. There's two things that suck though..it might rain and only disposable cameras are allowed..I wanted to get some videos. mad.gif
  • i guess its happening now?

hope fun is being had
  • I didn't get to see Paramore but I think I heard some of their set from far away. I was very inexperienced at Warped so I did a lot of things wrong. I arrived at amphitheater at like 1:15, but my mom was in the car making hotel reservations till like 2 so while I was in the car I missed the Plain White T's and the MCS signing. I was pissed! I saw STD and HGB and then I waited in the seats for 2hrs while waiting for TAI...and MCS to come on...I could have seen Cartel or maybe Hit the Lights. HGB had a really awesome set but I didn't really know some of the new stuff..so I felt a little left out. MCS played what I thought was a great set. I think Matt smiled at me because I was so enthusiastic...I had my hands in the air through the whole set...I think people we're staring at me but I had nowhere to put my hands anyway…it was either hands in the air or my whole body leaning up to this shirtless guy. I thought it was kinda funny when Justin heard someone say for him to cut his hair…and he said that he'd cut their hair and then they could cut his. I hated the stupid crowd surfers...usually the people in front me turned around so I knew someone was coming but this one guy came out of nowhere and fell on top of me and his whole back was on my head. My head hurt for like 30 secs but I just kept on singing. The crowd was really rough...I came back with a lot of bruises. I think JP said that they'd stop if they had to. During The Future Freaks Me Out Justin did the counting thing and had us sing by ourselves...they we're telling us to turn up the volume...I was singing or screaming at the top of my lungs..but I didn't see anyone singing around me…but I think I heard some people on the left. Overall I had a good time, but I was upset I didn't get much signed. I came home with some stuff signed by The Pink Spiders and Chris and 4est from HGB signed my CD booklet. I only had three disposable cameras so I didn't get any pictures with anyone. I could have sneaked in my bro's digital camera and took some good pictures and video but I thought I couldn't have got away with it..and I didn't think you could go out to the car and come back. I'll post the pictures as soon as I get them developed...hopefully they'll come out ok. They'll probably be a lot of Matt because I was the closest to him...maybe a lil' Justin and Tony and I think of one Jesse, but none of Josh. I have to go to a MCS show so I can actually meet them. My mom actually really liked The Academy Is…because they did a cover of “Crazy”. I have TAI... and HGB pictures too, but I finished my film before the Pink Spiders. I swear that I have found Damian's twin..the backup guitarist for TPS looks exactly like Damian.I wish I had pictures..I'm gonna try to find one. The weirdest thing anyone told me was when the bassist for TPS told me I looked like the Hamburgular because I was wearing a back and white striped shirt. I was a little weirded out by some bands though...it wasn't the music that scared me but what they were saying and how the manipulated the crowd. Thursday had this really weird story about flying on a plane in Australia, Haley Joel Osment, and Poison the Well. He said Haley was telling him he was going to die...it was really weird. Aiden drove the crowd crazy..the moshing was extreme. It was weird because their message was positive but they do it in an angry way. Anti-Flag got everyone to stick the middle finger in the air. I wanna go to Warped again but I think I need to prepare more because I did a lot of stuff wrong. I think I might have been next to one of the pit reporters because they took a picture of the guy I was sitting behind. I really should stop ranting. And I just remembered something Justin said in-between one of the songs. He had yelled something and said "I'm sorry. I don't usually yell... it JUST HAPPENS!"
    image< he was in front of me.
  • aww wow sounds like a fun time!

glad you kinda heard paramore

planning on going next year?
  • Hell yeah..
    That's not the best picture of the guy but it's the only one I found. I'm gonna see if I can find a good one. He doesn't really look like Damian there, but he really does when you see him in person.
    Oh yeah I forgot to mention that my mom thinks every band member she saw that was skinny is on drugs. On the way back home we were fighting if the song "Little Razorblade" had a drug meaning. Just because your skinny it doesn't mean your on drugs or anorexic....but The Pink Spiders do smoke, but I don't think that's why they're so skinny.
  • the best way to solve that argument is to yell at your mum "NO YOUR ON DRUGS"

then run away..