In this Discussion

Things Not to Say When Meeting a Rock Star

Comments

• we need a what not to say while doin it thread..
  • ewwww... I don't think I want to partake in that topic... blink.gif
  • Hey, it's better than trying to be clever and actually being a complete dumbass/babbling for about 15 minutes about nothing when faced with post-show conversations, which is what I do.

It usually just merits (totally deserved) weird stares.

(I was once told while cuddling with a guyfriend (and laughing at math rock ("What?! 4/4 time is for sissies! 5/13ths bitches!") that, if he fell asleep, I would probably just keep talking anyway. It's true.)
  • "so um, damian, so do you... you know, 'stuff'?"
    "stuff?"
    "you know,(looks at crotch)..."

that would be something ou shouldnt say.
  • I totally dare you to say that when you meet him! that would be "mega deadly"!
  • mega deadly? NICE!
  • When I met Damian and the gang, I said "Can I borrow your pen?" I then proceeded to autograph this thing that I gave them, that nobody can hold on to. It's made of rubber and it's got water and sparkly stuff in it... anyway, I autographed it, and I was like "There you go!" And Then I took a picture on someone elses camera.
    Dan remembered me because I gave him my sunglasses when I saw them in February.
  • did you ask about crothches? thats the real question.
  • gahahaha! i dare you to ask that the next time you get to see them...
    I will give you 1,000,000 corn husks.
  • QUOTE (oknow @ Jul 18 2006, 04:37 PM)
    gahahaha! i dare you to ask that the next time you get to see them...
    I will give you 1,000,000 corn husks.

Corn husks? Is that the currency in the third world country you inhabit?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jul 4 2006, 07:37 PM)
    ^^ ha ha ha! Oh how those stories make me laugh
    So, does anyone think that the rockstar ever feels like he/she is the one saying something dumb? All fans assume that they are going to look like idiots, but do rock stars ever worry that they are the ones who are looking like the idiot? (I mean real rock stars not the ones who appear in US Weekly magazine who are starved for attention)

When Mick Jagger ran straight into me after a Chappelle event, he looked really insecure and I'm pretty sure he felt like a idiot as he kept muttering "Are you okay? I'm so sorry! You're not hurt are you?!" again and again and again. He also started turning beet red as he dashed away in shame. I found the entire event to be quite hilarious, seeing as to how the night before at his show, he was up on stage grabbing his crotch in front of a couple thousand people.

QUOTE (untidytowns @ Jul 4 2006, 08:41 PM)
    not asking jared leto about his movie reminded me of the fact that you're not suppose to ask steven burns (of blue clues fame) about his nick jr. days. when he opened for ok go, he refused to accept a beer from this dude who asked him if he had a handy dandy notebook.

So wait, when did Steve Burns open for OK Go? Because I love Songs for Dustmites, and I'd never seen anything involving both of them together...ever.
  • QUOTE (untidytowns @ Jul 4 2006, 08:41 PM)
    not asking jared leto about his movie reminded me of the fact that you're not suppose to ask steven burns (of blue clues fame) about his nick jr. days. when he opened for ok go, he refused to accept a beer from this dude who asked him if he had a handy dandy notebook.

Just to let you know, I had to use my inhaler after reading this because I was laughing so hard.

When did Steve open for OK Go???? I would have paid super big money to see that show. It's sad, I like Blue's Clues a lot, but only old school Blue's Clues with Steve, and I'd probably ask him about it after the show because I'd be so happy to meet him. I think what's even more sad is that I was watching Blue's Clues with the kids I babysat, and I couldn't figure out one of the final answers to the 3 clues. The clues were a flashlight, a sheet, and a pole. I felt really dumb for not figuring out it was supposed to be fort, but I hadn't been watching the entire show to figure out the theme, so you have to give me some kind of break.
  • It was only a couple of months ago, guys.
  • How did I miss this? What kind of super-fan am I if I don't even know who opened for OK Go? I'm guessing it was during their college tour or something.
  • You know what's worse, Karleigh? The Lashes were part of that tour, too. It was at the beginning of May. You FAIL.
  • Nuh uh! WTF are you TALKING ABOUT???? I was at those shows! I saw OK Go and The Lashes open for She Wants Revenge! You're LYING!

Edit: So I went and looked, and FINE, you're right! But it was only ONE show and it was in Houston. It was also on the day I was doing the road trip with Kikky, so you can't blame me, I was driving during the show. SO THERE! Man, had I left 2 days earlier, I would have seen them. Oh well, next time.
  • I sketched the dudies from MSTRKRFT recently and Im wondering if I should show the drawing to them when Me and Yodie go to see them tomorrow...

probable scene:
    me: hey man, I drew you!
    jfk: what?
    me: i drew you! SEE!
    jfk: oh...
    me: you can have it!
    jfk: oook... thanks...

Dream scene

Me: hey man, I drew you!
    jfk: RAD!!! can i have that!!!!

ps, to Sweetness... The drawing had alot of space down the middle so i wrote " Mega Deadly Disco" on it. rolleyes.gif tongue.gif

so what do yall think i should do?
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Jul 20 2006, 11:49 AM)
    so what do yall think i should do?

give it to them for sure...
  • frame it! you should have done an etching on a btoken piece of plexi glass. thats rad to the max. if done on plexi glass all you would beed to frame it with owould be hockey tape. its edgy.
  • And show it to us too. Even though I don't have the slightest clue who you're talking about.