In this Discussion

Things Not to Say When Meeting a Rock Star

Comments

^ thats it... it sucks, jfk's eye is screwed (the dude on the right)... im too scared to go over it in ink... I have no time if i further screw it up!!

ill tell yall what happens, if i make a fool of my self, go spastic or for some miracle they actually like it.... (I am probably counting my chickens before they hatch, I probably wont even get to see them up close!)
  • Nice, that actually looks exactly like them.
  • I met JFK... seconds later my brain exploded.

I hardly said anything to him...

me: JFK! come here! sign this...
    jfk: ok lets make it quick before i get trapped here...*he signed.*

sign this bday card for my little sister whos 13 today...
    jfk: oh god *signs with a heart and a "happy!" " then ran away.

MY LITTLE SIS GOT A HEART AND A HAPPY! ahhh! Love him even more. he rules. he is still my hero.

Fel was putting up the drawing as a sign when they came out and JFK looked at it for like 3 sec! it was wild.
    And Ya, fel gave him the drawing, he liked it and showed it to Al-P when he went over to him... al-p just dissmissed it, but I know JFK thought it was rad.
  • But JFK is dead...

"Hi there, unhip Karleigh! I'm JFK!"
  • I was telling my sister about this thread one day when we were eating at Denny's after shopping, and she really said nothing about it. about 10 minutes later she bursts out laughing like a maniac. she couldn't tell me in the restaurant because she would laugh like that again.

so she told me in the car. "I thought of something that you shouldn't say to rock stars! That's why I was laughing in the restaurant!"

Me - "What is it?"

Stephanie - "You are the jam between my toes!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! *continous insane laughing*

Me - *raised eyebrow* O . . . K . . . I guess that would be one . . . "

But she's right. I'm sure rock stars don't want to hear "You're the jam between my toes!" from someone.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jul 24 2006, 04:20 PM)

"Hi there, unhip Karleigh! I'm JFK!"

Well, John F. Kennedy is dead. **pout**
  • You can take consolation in the fact that he's wearing a Stars shirt.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jul 24 2006, 08:50 PM)
    You can take consolation in the fact that he's wearing a Stars shirt.

I NOTICED THAT TOO! I'm so smart. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Jul 24 2006, 03:33 PM)
    me: JFK! come here! sign this...
    jfk: ok lets make it quick before i get trapped here...*he signed.*

sign this bday card for my little sister whos 13 today...
    jfk: oh god *signs with a heart and a "happy!" " then ran away.
    yeah, that's actually the impression i got of dfa1979's attitude toward fans...hehe, sebastien and i kind of got into it over that after i interviewed him, but i can respect his view and i'm still a fan...

anyway, that's awesome that jfk was impressed with the drawing! smile.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jul 24 2006, 08:05 PM)
    I NOTICED THAT TOO! I'm so smart. biggrin.gif

**pout** I didn't. **sulk** sad.gif
  • well its kinda hard not to notice it....

and to shades... i'm still wilded out that you interviewed them... and I think he really was scared of getting trapped on stage after commercials were finished. Anyways I kinda like the way he is to fans... I mean his persona wouldn't be the same if he were as nice as the ok go boys, bah I can't explain myself correctly... anyways he rules, i shall annoy you guys even more with my jesse love for eternity.
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Jul 25 2006, 03:57 PM)
    well its kinda hard not to notice it....

and to shades... i'm still wilded out that you interviewed them... and I think he really was scared of getting trapped on stage after commercials were finished. Anyways I kinda like the way he is to fans... I mean his persona wouldn't be the same if he were as nice as the ok go boys, bah I can't explain myself correctly... anyways he rules, i shall annoy you guys even more with my jesse love for eternity.
    actually, i did a phone interview with sebastien, but even meeting him and jfk in person was quite a different experience than what i was used to. i think i've been spoiled by the friendliness of my fave bands and prior to dfa1979, i was accustomed to an appreciaton of radio support as well as just plain appreciation. but when i think about it, i'd probably react almost just as sebastien and jfk do with strangers/fans. so i totally understand that view and give bonus points to those who are extra receptive to fans. (haha, i'm scared of my listeners sometimes--but i definitely love my faves and they know who they are!)
  • QUOTE (shades of blue @ Jul 25 2006, 11:54 PM)
    actually, i did a phone interview with sebastien, but even meeting him and jfk in person was quite a different experience than what i was used to. i think i've been spoiled by the friendliness of my fave bands and prior to dfa1979, i was accustomed to an appreciaton of radio support as well as just plain appreciation. but when i think about it, i'd probably react almost just as sebastien and jfk do with strangers/fans. so i totally understand that view and give bonus points to those who are extra receptive to fans. (haha, i'm scared of my listeners sometimes--but i definitely love my faves and they know who they are!)

wub.gif
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jul 25 2006, 07:04 PM)
    wub.gif
    wub.gif

*SCANDAL-SHOCK!*
    =D
  • hehe, not long till mail arives surley!
  • QUOTE (shades of blue @ Jul 25 2006, 05:54 PM)
    (haha, i'm scared of my listeners sometimes--but i definitely love my faves and they know who they are!)

wub.gif
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Jul 24 2006, 03:24 PM)
    I was telling my sister about this thread one day when we were eating at Denny's after shopping, and she really said nothing about it. about 10 minutes later she bursts out laughing like a maniac. she couldn't tell me in the restaurant because she would laugh like that again.

so she told me in the car. "I thought of something that you shouldn't say to rock stars! That's why I was laughing in the restaurant!"

Me - "What is it?"

Stephanie - "You are the jam between my toes!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! *continous insane laughing*

Me - *raised eyebrow* O . . . K . . . I guess that would be one . . . "

But she's right. I'm sure rock stars don't want to hear "You're the jam between my toes!" from someone.

toe jam? thats aweful.
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Jul 25 2006, 07:22 PM)
    wub.gif
    hello, #1! wub.gif

as for things not to say to a "rock star"...any cheesey pick up line (although i've always wanted to use one just for kicks)--we need a thread for cheesey pick up lines! do we have one on this board? i think we did on the old board?