In this Discussion

They've lost the fire symbol on VH1

Comments

• Hi! I'm a newbie here, but I have been trying to do my part to help OK Go move up on the countdown. I usually try to vote at least 10 times each time I visit. Is that just a drop in the bucket? How many times do most of you vote per visit? I have also posted a couple of topics there.

I am so happy to have discovered OK Go! I wish I had known about them sooner - I could have seen them here in Houston earlier this summer. sad.gif
  • QUOTE (Rainymorn @ Aug 12 2006, 05:31 PM)
    Hi! I'm a newbie here, but I have been trying to do my part to help OK Go move up on the countdown. I usually try to vote at least 10 times each time I visit. Is that just a drop in the bucket? How many times do most of you vote per visit? I have also posted a couple of topics there.

I am so happy to have discovered OK Go! I wish I had known about them sooner - I could have seen them here in Houston earlier this summer. sad.gif

welcome noobie

i vote about 20 times when i go there daily, as i have not alot to do at the moment
  • Well, thanks!! That gives me something to aspire to!
  • i am rather amazing

so aspire to half the amazingness off me and you shall be fine!
  • QUOTE (Rainymorn @ Aug 12 2006, 11:31 AM)
    Hi! I'm a newbie here, but I have been trying to do my part to help OK Go move up on the countdown. I usually try to vote at least 10 times each time I visit. Is that just a drop in the bucket? How many times do most of you vote per visit? I have also posted a couple of topics there.

Welcome! smile.gif That's how much I've been voting each time, too, between that and 20-25, and trying (except I fell off last week) to do that a couple times a day. I don't know how much other people are.

I know what you mean about wishing you'd been in on things sooner. I got into them last November when a friend who first saw them back in 2001, before their first album came out (gah!), asked me to go to a show.
    How did you discover them--the "Here It Goes Again" video?

QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Aug 12 2006, 10:17 AM)
    "TOO....FREAKING....ADORABLE....*PICTURE!*"

Oh man, I would be too.

hug....but man...I'd like to, haha. *dork*

I'll go find it. It was actually taken by a boardie--Jezebel Seven. It's from her Photobucket pics. I don't know her, but J orge linked to her show pics in the blog or somewhere last year. I recently sent her a message wondering what the story was behind the hug, but I haven't gotten an answer. *shrug* The pic's from April 15, 2005, Florida, if anybody else was there and knows .....

Okay:
    I flipping love this picture.
    Guitars crunched together and everything!
  • NUMBER 9 !!!!!!!!!! woo! i'm late on the news but I still feel happy

And they got back thier fire symbol! wooo!

only thing that sucks is that thier name is near the end of the list.... but whatever, OKGARMY WILL OVER COME THAT!

BOOYAKASHA!

edit... sorry they don't have thier fire symbol.... BUT NOT FOR LONG!
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Aug 12 2006, 11:46 AM)
    How did you discover them--the "Here It Goes Again" video?

I saw the "Treadmill Dance", as it was called, on the I-am-bored.com website at 8:00 PM CDT on Wednesday, August 2nd. B) smile.gif I had never even heard of them before that. sad.gif
  • Welcome, Rainymorn! I think I've seen you fighting on the front lines over at Vh1.com's boards. (Hee, get it? Fighting on the front lines? 'Cause we're the OK Garmy? All right, I'll shut up...)

QUOTE (sherib @ Aug 12 2006, 12:46 PM)
    I know what you mean about wishing you'd been in on things sooner. I got into them last November when a friend who first saw them back in 2001, before their first album came out (gah!), asked me to go to a show.

Gah. I experienced this twice this year. I was talking to my friend Will about how OK Go had covered some TMBG songs, and he was way impressed, and then I said, "Yeah, they toured with them for a while..." and Will was like, "Wait, when? 'Cause I saw TMBG back in like, 2001 or something, and I remember them having this really awesome opening band....I think it was OK Go...."

And then, in a separate incident, my friend Erica came in my room, took a look at nakkie!Damian on my wall, and said, "Man, OK Go. I saw them opening for TMBG and thinking, 'That lead singer is so awesome 'cause he's so skinny'...."

mad.gif

I think I've told those stories before, haha.

Okay:
    I flipping love this picture.
    Guitars crunched together and everything!

^^*&@#$*(%979072#$*%!(!(!!!squeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111oneone!!!!!

(It's guitar-on-guitar action........wink.gif......)
  • whew! Glad to hear they made it to number 9 this week. Like some of you said, I didn't vote nearly as much this week as I did the last. Though I did make it a point to put in quite a few votes.

This week it's on! Here we come number 1 spot.

And welcome, Rainymorn, I'm also from the Houston area! Hopefully you'll get to see them next time they're here. It'll change your life, I swear. smile.gif
  • Thanks for the welcome everyone!! I'm proud to serve in the OK Garmy - I need to get back over to VH1 and do some more fighting!
  • Hi there.

It's still only a thermometer. Dear lord--Evanescence is on fire and Ok Go isn't...what has the world come to?
  • I just went and voted for them seventy times. I really want them to get higher than panic at the disco.
  • hmm... I didn't vote because I was camping. In the middle of the woods in New Hampshire. With limited amounts of electrisity and no computers at all.

Glad to hear they didn't fall. Let's push them even further up!
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Aug 13 2006, 09:45 PM)
    hmm... I didn't vote because I was camping. In the middle of the woods in New Hampshire.

With Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore??? wink.gif
  • The OKGarmy has won OK Go back their fire symbol.
  • woo! Now I need to go vote a few hundred times to keep the flame...
  • QUOTE (AttAcKofTheELVES @ Aug 14 2006, 11:13 AM)
    The OKGarmy has won OK Go back their fire symbol.

YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

*does highly choreographed treadmill dance in celebration*
  • The Flame is Back! let's keep it there, people.

QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Aug 13 2006, 11:42 PM)
    With Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore??? wink.gif

haha, I wish. ph34r.gif

No, I was with my cousins and aunt and uncle. Still lots of fun, but no Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore =D.
  • YAY FOR MAJOR FLAMAGE!

I haven't been on the computer all week so its not due to me (although I did vote about 100 times on sat...) but heres a lame-o rhyme !

Ok go is the best.
    I'll vote and vote,
    I'll get no rest.

Vote ok go,
    for a better tommorow
    If you don't Dan will be over-thrown with sorrow.

Rusty will cry,
    Tears surely will fall,
    Rusty won't rest
    'till ok go rules all

Tim's making cupcakes,
    with sprinkles and icing,
    they're for all the voters,
    who keep trying and trying.

Damians hopefull,
    He'll never look down.
    There almost at the top,
    DON'T MAKE DAMINA FROWN!