edited November -1 in OK Go
oh my the choices to be made!

what to do..

i voted

Return
Let it Rain
OKGo

Comments

• Haha Andy we're the only 2 people who have voted...

SO far, its 100% for return smile.gif

Oh and I voted crash the party and oh no
  • return for the win!

i was seriously torn on the album one

but on a whim i went for okgo
  • shortly before the end
    no sign of life
    okgo

I didn't love shortly before the end before... I used to think it sucked... I don't know why, but I loop that one sometimes. Theres just something about it, I love it too much.
  • The Fix is In
    It's a Disaster
    OK Go

And now... OVERLY LONG EXPLAINATIONS ™

I was so tempted to put "Don't Ask Me" for the first one, but Fix still gives me happy tingles and I love how my mom giggles every time she hears, "when we got to Boston, we knew we missed a turn." I don't know why it amuses her so much... well, actually, we got lost coming BACK to CT from Boston and ended up heading toward Albany. We're not good with directions alone, but together, my mom and I are beyond terrible.

For the second, I always loved shouting along with, "IT'S ALL WE GOT." Something so satisfying about that. Let is Rain is a close second.

The last one, it was simple. OK Go has always had something that Oh No didn't. I don't know if it was the slightly more popish nature (the keyboard does it for me sometimes) or the fact that I listened to it all last summer and, when listening to it, I'm just flooded with smells of last summer, physical feeling (like sitting out in the sun) and general indescribable happiness (certain CDs give me this feeling, usually based on when I listened to them and how much I like the music)... kind of like who certain smells trigger memories. Low-grade auditory synesthesia? Oh No just seemed, as much as I hate to say it, more generic. I can't really explain it, but for some reason, Ok Go remains my favorite of the two.
  • You're So Damn Hot
    Oh Lately
    Oh No

YSDH just barely beats out "Return." Just barely. Only because it's the first song I ever heard from them and I just love it.

Love "Oh Lately." Such a beautiful little song.

I'm going with Oh No. Not that I'm saying it's better than their first record, 'cause it definitely isn't, but I'm just naturally more of a fan of the dirtier, grittier sound. It also feels a little more cohesive to me, like there's a common thread, whereas OK Go feels more like a collection of really great songs put in the right order. (And Damian's said that's what it was like, a collection of their best songs from ages 15 to 25, which is part of the reason why they wanted to work with Johanssen for their second record, so it didn't wind up the same way.)

A lot of my favourite individual songs are from OK Go, but my favourite record as a whole is Oh No.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Aug 23 2006, 06:13 PM)
    You're So Damn Hot
    Oh Lately
    Oh No
    YSDH just barely beats out "Return." Just barely. Only because it's the first song I ever heard from them and I just love it.

Love "Oh Lately." Such a beautiful little song.
    I'm going with Oh No. Not that I'm saying it's better than their first record, 'cause it definitely isn't, but I'm just naturally more of a fan of the dirtier, grittier sound. It also feels a little more cohesive to me, like there's a common thread, whereas OK Go feels more like a collection of really great songs put in the right order. (And Damian's said that's what it was like, a collection of their best songs from ages 15 to 25, which is part of the reason why they wanted to work with Johanssen for their second record, so it didn't wind up the same way.)

A lot of my favourite individual songs are from OK Go, but my favourite record as a whole is Oh No.

thats exactly how i feel
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Aug 23 2006, 01:44 PM)
    thats exactly how i feel

Yay! I'm not crazy. biggrin.gif
  • What To Do
    It's A Disaster
    Oh No
  • The Fix is In- cause I can't forget the first time I heard it, and realized that the first line was about Boston, and freaked out.

Crash the Party- I just love the idea of it so much.

Ok Go- I picked it at random, basically. I really couldn't decide, andI tried to think about it, but they both feel so different to me, and I don't really think I could honestly compare them. so basically I just picked Ok Go because most of the first Ok Go songs I ever heard were from it, and not from Oh No.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Aug 23 2006, 12:01 PM)
    The last one, it was simple. OK Go has always had something that Oh No didn't. I don't know if it was the slightly more popish nature (the keyboard does it for me sometimes) or the fact that I listened to it all last summer and, when listening to it, I'm just flooded with smells of last summer, physical feeling (like sitting out in the sun) and general indescribable happiness (certain CDs give me this feeling, usually based on when I listened to them and how much I like the music)... kind of like who certain smells trigger memories. Low-grade auditory synesthesia? Oh No just seemed, as much as I hate to say it, more generic. I can't really explain it, but for some reason, Ok Go remains my favorite of the two.

that's how i feel about the first album. damn i love the keyboard. i have more memories with the first album. haha i even remember what the weather was like and what i was driving when i first bought. sad i know.

i voted for
    *bye bye baby
    *crash the party
    *OK Go
  • QUOTE (vinyl_days @ Aug 23 2006, 08:05 PM)
    that's how i feel about the first album. damn i love the keyboard. i have more memories with the first album. haha i even remember what the weather was like and what i was driving when i first bought. sad i know.

i voted for
    *bye bye baby
    *crash the party
    *OK Go

not at all sad!

hearing okgo for the first time is a fond memory i have
  • awww thanks deary!! yah its soo funny cause i can remember exactly the weather and how old i was and when i first got into a band. is crazy. yet i can't remember more important things. lol
  • I like Ok Go better, it was quirky, like really good swedish pop/rock with all the harmonies and stuff. Funny that Oh No sounds less Swedish and they did it in Sweden with a Swedish guy. But i find i like some of the individual songs on Oh No better than the individual songs on Ok Go. Like "Let it Rain" is just a really good song, regardless of whatever genre it fits in, while Ok Go songs are really really good for pop music.
    I chose: The Fix is In, Let It Rain, and Ok Go
  • QUOTE (vinyl_days @ Aug 23 2006, 08:11 PM)
    awww thanks deary!! yah its soo funny cause i can remember exactly the weather and how old i was and when i first got into a band. is crazy. yet i can't remember more important things. lol

but that is an important thing!
  • Excuse this post, however

I fucking love how crash the party is winning

excuse my expletives biggrin.gif
  • lol at TRack 14 being in the running.
  • i voted cinnamon lips, here it goes again and oh no

i love both those songs....with a passion one might say.
  • my all time favourite song from them is return.
    it makes me cry every time i listen to it.
    and it makes me think if kyle.
    its been such a long time since ive seen him that i dont know if ill remember what he looks like.
    he lives so close but its been a year since weve seen eachother...
    i like him alot and i miss him..
    i mean. i talk to him like once every 3 weeks cause thats how often he comes online...
  • I voted You're So Damn Hot, Crash the Party, and Ok Go. I'm a sucker for first albums and songs I can dance to. I think my second favorite from the first album is 1000 MPH.
  • the album's are tied.
    i still think the first one was the best.
    it had the most variety and the songs sounded more like okgo should. ^^
    but im not sayin the new album sucks.
    cause it rocks too.
    i think it just has to do with all the memories of the band.
    anyways.
    i cought enough of damian on the colber report to hear the band is gona have another cd next year.^^
    cant wait