In this Discussion

What is your fave okgo album?

Comments

• QUOTE (sherib @ Sep 7 2006, 07:29 AM)
    I knowed that smile.gif

But I just learned it in the last 6 months or so biggrin.gif

I love that he says "Second side of ..."

*happy to be part of generation that remembers albums in those terms*

Well, I understand it because I only buy vinyls unless they aren't available.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Sep 7 2006, 07:29 AM)
    I knowed that smile.gif

But I just learned it in the last 6 months or so biggrin.gif

I love that he says "Second side of ..."

*happy to be part of generation that remembers albums in those terms*

I was so proud of myself when I figured out what that line meant! Haha. I could never tell what he was saying until I went and looked it up in the liner notes, and then I googled Surfer Rosa. *still hasn't gotten into the Pixies yet....*

QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Sep 7 2006, 06:55 PM)
    Well, I understand it because I only buy vinyls unless they aren't available.

Wow. I want you to know that you made yourself sound like a total music snob there.

And I'm willing to bet that a lot people who don't buy vinyl still know what "second side"/"b side" means.
  • I still find it weird that CDs were still a brand new thing when I was born. I mean, we always had more tapes than CDs when I was little but I always figured it was just cause there weren't little-kid-music CDs. when I found out CDs weren't that popular when I was little I was surprised, haha.

I would totally listen to all my dad's old records if we had a record player. he has some really cool stuff, so does my mom. but we don't have one, so I can't.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 10 2006, 01:19 PM)
    I was so proud of myself when I figured out what that line meant! Haha. I could never tell what he was saying until I went and looked it up in the liner notes, and then I googled Surfer Rosa. *still hasn't gotten into the Pixies yet....*
    Wow. I want you to know that you made yourself sound like a total music snob there.
    And I'm willing to bet that a lot people who don't buy vinyl still know what "second side"/"b side" means.

I haven't got into the pixies yet, and I never will. I honestly don't like any of their music, and I feel guilty.

Yeah, I can be a music snob a lot, but it's because I have better taste in music than anyone else. wink.gif
  • shameless bump for the new people
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Sep 10 2006, 06:46 PM)
    Yeah, I can be a music snob a lot, but it's because I have better taste in music than anyone else. wink.gif

Pcchh, not if you don't like the Pixies.
  • 1000 miles per hour
    Oh Lately it's so quiet
    OK go, although I think I accidently voted for Oh no, in which my initial reaction was "Oh no!" I made myself laugh.
  • Geez. An attempt to make my brain actually make a complicated choice.

My favorite songs constantly change, but for now, it's Hello, My Treacherous Friends and Maybe, This Time. Powerful lyrics and a surreal quality is what I'm in to right about now. *shrug*

But usually it's Don't Ask Me and Get Over It from the first album. Then the second album is definitely Oh Latley It's so Quiet, A Million Ways, and Invincible.
  • So I just voted (thought I already had, but oh well), and right now it is TIED between OK Go and Oh No for best album.

*grin* So who gets the deciding vote? smile.gif
  • Okay, I voted for Return and umm... track 14 blink.gif I don't know what made me do that. sleep.gif

For my favorite OK Go album I voted for Oh No.
  • The first cd is so great! I don't understand why Damian keeps downplaying the awesomeness of it in all his interviews sad.gif
  • Who the fuck voted track 14? XD

Unfortunately, I haven't purchased their first album yet, but I shall try when I can, obviously. I may just iTunes it, but I have something of a fetish for hard copy CD's...

As for my votes *ahem*...

*drum roll*

OK GO: You're So Damn Hot
    OH NO: Crash the Party
    Album: OH NO
  • QUOTE (Lostgame @ Dec 1 2006, 02:27 PM)
    Who the fuck voted track 14? XD

Probably the ones that know the mistery of the 14th track laugh.gif

Andy, you only ask though questions!!
  • Return
    It's a Disaster
    OK Go

1. I'm a sucker for sad songs. =( After I heard the story behind the song I couldn't help but love it to pieces.
    2. I have no idea why I like this song. I guess it's just really catchy~
    3. It's easier to love this album. The second album definitely measures up, but it takes a bit longer to grow on ya... laugh.gif

Speaking of which, what is track 14? huh.gif *newb* EDIT Nevermind. XD After minimal digging through the internets, I have my answer. That's so weird. Why would he do that? LOL
  • QUOTE (hyoi @ Dec 11 2006, 06:32 PM)
    Return
    It's a Disaster
    OK Go

1. I'm a sucker for sad songs. =( After I heard the story behind the song I couldn't help but love it to pieces.
    2. I have no idea why I like this song. I guess it's just really catchy~
    3. It's easier to love this album. The second album definitely measures up, but it takes a bit longer to grow on ya... laugh.gif

Speaking of which, what is track 14? huh.gif *newb* EDIT Nevermind. XD After minimal digging through the internets, I have my answer. That's so weird. Why would he do that? LOL

recording his girlfriend sleeping, that's what you mean??
    that's precisely the mistery i was talking about
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Dec 11 2006, 02:27 PM)
    recording his girlfriend sleeping, that's what you mean??
    that's precisely the mistery i was talking about
    Yeah! That's so...weird. Lawl. laugh.gif
  • It was close, but I'd have to say OH NO.

I REALLY REALLY Liked OK Go, but I think that Oh No is way more rockish, which I like.

Hm....

Crash the Party and It's a Disaster.
  • hey im new and i just voted for Return and The House Wins. well if i had to choose i would go with OKGO although i love their new cd too! can i choose both????????

its really hard to decide considering all the songs are great and i can listen to them all day... and i do. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (just janea @ Dec 22 2006, 02:45 AM)
    hey im new and i just voted for Return and The House Wins. well if i had to choose i would go with OKGO although i love their new cd too! can i choose both????????

its really hard to decide considering all the songs are great and i can listen to them all day... and i do. biggrin.gif

you are full with many good points there noobie!
  • I went...
    'Don't Ask Me' (not only is it an awesome song, but it brings back good memories of me and a mate screaming "don't ass me, where is Ben" walking home from the MotionCity gig)
    'Television, Television' (one of my fave songs of all time)
    Oh No