In this Discussion

OK Go Five November shows w/Death Cab for Cutie!

edited November -1 in OK Go
"OK Go has just been confirmed as openers for Death Cab For Cutie on a series of U.S. dates this November. Details for OK Go's own headlining North American tour are currently being finalized."

November
with Death Cab For Cutie
26 Milwaukee WI Eagles Ballroom
27 St. Louis, MO The Pageant
28 Memphis, TN Orpheum Theatre
29 New Orleans, LA The Republic
30 Houston, TX Hobby Center

'Tis from another press release.

I am stoked that one of them is Milwaukee. I couldn't give two craps about Death Cab, though (sorry to all fans on here). I find it hilarious that this will mean (if I manage to get tickets, of course) that I'll have said "Death Cab? [insert big raspberry]" twice this year and left to meet the other band instead. The other time was Franz in April. LOL

I've joined the Death Cab mailing list already to get any news about presales. After reading about OK Go fans missing out on Panic! shows cuz the tickets sold out, I wanna make sure I have a chance. smile.gif Just a tip for others to maybe do the same.

Comments

• NEW ORLEANS NEW ORLEANS NEW ORLEANS!!!! WOOO

and with Death Cab so I know I can find people to go with me, ahh I'm so excited!! haha

I love you Sheri!
  • That will be the 4TH time they played Houston this year. I want to see a headlining show here though!
  • Woo hoo!!!!! Houston!!! I will definitely plan to go to this - although I have no desire to see Death Cab. Sheri, thanks for the tip about joining Death Cab's mailing list. I'll do that right away!
  • **screams so loud and jumps up and down like mad woman**

OMG! I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE THIS IS THE GREATEST THING THAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME IN MUSIC. MY 2 FAVORITE BANDS OF ALL TIME PERFORMING TOGETHER ON ONE STAGE. GOD LOVES ME SOOO MUCH. OMG OMG OMG OMG.
  • I'm now severely pissed. Nov. 30th is like the last day of classes. I hate you, school.

**slaps school**

I'm going to slit my wrists now.
  • AH.
    I would go...
    But I don't think my mom would let me. ;-;
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 26 2006, 11:14 PM)
    I'm now severely pissed. Nov. 30th is like the last day of classes. I hate you, school.

**slaps school**

I'm going to slit my wrists now.

Are you at school in Austin? If so, you don't think you'd be able to make it down to Houston in time for the show?
  • No, I'm at school in Orlando. I live in Austin. I want to die.
  • Well, that sucks! sad.gif If I get my transporter beam ready by then, I'll send for you! biggrin.gif
  • My emotions are now severely damaged. I can't explain the emotional shock I just felt. In 5 minutes, I went from extreme uforia to extreme angst:

Here's a taste:

ThatGirl86 (12:26:17 AM): i think that was the most brutal punch on my emotions
    ThatGirl86 (12:26:39 AM): emotions: hey, this feels great! It's like an orgasm but like sooooo much better!
    newwaveboy87 (12:27:05 AM): *sock*
    newwaveboy87 (12:27:06 AM): *gut*
    newwaveboy87 (12:27:09 AM): *kick*
    newwaveboy87 (12:27:16 AM): *walks away*
    newwaveboy87 (12:27:20 AM): that takes care of your emotions
  • damn i would love to go and i could if it didn't fall on a thursday. there is no way in hell i would miss my organic 2 lab final.
    meh??
  • Do you think this could be karma because we haven't been voting as much on VH1?
  • hurrah!

now i must order tickets NOW before the hoardes of o.c. lovin' dcfc chicks order theirs.

gee, it seems like okgo is always in houston. not that i'm complaining, but i think this is their 5th concert here this year. they must really like our pollution and fattiness.
  • QUOTE (loonieman @ Aug 26 2006, 10:07 PM)
    That will be the 4TH time they played Houston this year. I want to see a headlining show here though!

I actually think it's the 5th. There was one in April (i'm 90% sure)... I went to the ones in May and June... then Buzzfest in October... then this.

OMFG. Shut up self.
    Who cares!
    OK GO AND DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE.
    That seriously completes my life...
    you don't even know.
  • WHY OH why....why can't ok go come visit me out here in LA??? it makes me sad! the next time they are out here I don't care I'm going to go see them...i will risk life and limb for those 4....oh and school is for squares.
  • Ohhhh yes, Karleigh, I'll be seeing you BEFORE these dates hehehehe smile.gif

(which is good as the 27th is my brothers birthday!)

Now if anyone could find out the other tour dates for this month, that'd be pretty damn helpful!!!
  • **curls up in fetal position**

I want to die, I want to die, I want to die...

...but Jen is coming, so that makes it better.
  • Wow be more enthusiastic why don't you tongue.gif
    Jen is coming so that makes it awesome!
    Besides, its not like you wont get to see either of them again and you know that! Don't be silly. Think aftershow. smile.gif
  • Karleigh and Denise--do you have heavy class loads this semester? Will that day/those days (for travel) be filled with stuff you'd miss? Because if you are good students all semester and plan with your professors well in advance, you could probably take your finals early. And then it's OK Go Party Ville for you.

I did this once. In my case it was a summer class, so things were fairly laid back anyway, and I was only taking that one class. But I did it; maybe you can too. I think it's worth a try.

And yeah, it was for a concert. lol

QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Aug 26 2006, 10:04 PM)
    I love you Sheri!
    Gee, I love you too. biggrin.gif
  • ive never heard a DCfC song

heh