In this Discussion

OK Go Five November shows w/Death Cab for Cutie!

Comments

• QUOTE (sherib @ Aug 27 2006, 02:42 PM)
    Karleigh and Denise--do you have heavy class loads this semester? Will that day/those days (for travel) be filled with stuff you'd miss? Because if you are good students all semester and plan with your professors well in advance, you could probably take your finals early. And then it's OK Go Party Ville for you.

I did this once. In my case it was a summer class, so things were fairly laid back anyway, and I was only taking that one class. But I did it; maybe you can too. I think it's worth a try.

And yeah, it was for a concert. lol

Gee, I love you too. biggrin.gif

But that still leaves the problem of getting to Houston. Karleigh is a sad sad girl.

...but totally and utterly excited about seeing Jen!
  • Ah. You are automobile-challenged? (And by that I mean not having one at your disposal ... not your not being able to drive, lol)
  • She needs to fly home. Or something....
  • Move up the date?
  • of the concert? Hahaha. I go to school in Florida wheere i have access to a car. At first I thought nov. 30th was during thanksgiving, but it's like the week after. So, I'll be in Texas a week before they're performing. On Nov 30th I'll be in class preparing for finals since it's the second to last day, one of the days of turning in semester projects and tests.

I'm over it now though. I'll have my Jen, and that's all I need.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 27 2006, 02:49 PM)
    I go to school in Florida wheere i have access to a car. At first I thought nov. 30th was during thanksgiving, but it's like the week after. So, I'll be in Texas a week before they're performing. On Nov 30th I'll be in class preparing for finals since it's the second to last day, one of the days of turning in semester projects and tests.
    Right, but whether you're in Texas the week before doesn't matter--what I'm saying is, could you basically finish the semester a couple days early. Turn stuff in/take tests early. Meaning, go back to Florida after Thanksgiving break, get all your school stuff done early, and go home to Texas on Wednesday or something. Ya know?

Not trying to push the issue or anything (lol "You are GOING, Karleigh"); I'm just not sure if we're getting each other.
  • I think it'd be a little too difficult. Bascially, I would have to leave on Nov 27th because I need my car during Christmas break. Then, I'd need to do a week of classes and a week of finals. I mean sure, I could miss the last 2 days of classes and then come back for finals, but then I'd have to fly, and THAT would be expensive: I already need to fly home for Thanksgiving, so I'd be going back like a week later.

This concert is simply the most inconveniant occurance. A spit on it.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 27 2006, 03:47 PM)
    I think it'd be a little too difficult. Bascially, I would have to leave on Nov 27th because I need my car during Christmas break. Then, I'd need to do a week of classes and a week of finals. I mean sure, I could miss the last 2 days of classes and then come back for finals, but then I'd have to fly, and THAT would be expensive: I already need to fly home for Thanksgiving, so I'd be going back like a week later.
    Gotcha. I thought the week of the concert was your last school week, period.
  • No, that would make it too easy. God likes to make my life complicated.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 27 2006, 03:58 PM)
    No, that would make it too easy. God likes to make my life complicated.
    Damn Australians. Haha, just kidding.
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Aug 27 2006, 01:56 PM)
    ive never heard a DCfC song
    heh

Me either.

Although I have a bunch of their albums my friend dumped on my ipod. I just refuse to listen to them. Whiny bands are not my thing.
  • your my hero..
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Aug 27 2006, 04:27 PM)
    your my hero..

laugh.gif hurrah!
  • kikky FTW
  • Just so you know Kikky, Pandy says that lots hehehe
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Aug 27 2006, 06:18 PM)
    Just so you know Kikky, Pandy says that lots hehehe

hehe, which one? FTW or the hero thing?
    Either way, I've never been anyone's hero or their...For The Win. hahaha.

I'm honoured to even be mentioned amidst the random wordages of Mr. Top Poster, he's so untouchable!! *bows down*

muhahaha. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Aug 27 2006, 09:22 PM)
    I'm honoured to even be mentioned amidst the random wordages of Mr. Top Poster, he's so untouchable!!

Not for long.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 27 2006, 09:39 PM)
    Not for long.

hahahah you're right. I'm so glad I knew you before you were top poster.
  • im still the top and best male poster (and best poster..man im rather amazing)

QUOTE (Kikky @ Aug 28 2006, 02:22 AM)
    hehe, which one? FTW or the hero thing?
    Either way, I've never been anyone's hero or their...For The Win. hahaha.

I'm honoured to even be mentioned amidst the random wordages of Mr. Top Poster, he's so untouchable!! *bows down*

muhahaha. laugh.gif

you also got a random pm from me =p

feel honour and or fright
  • WTF???????????????????????????????

Oh, well, I wouldn't be able to go anyway....

Wow. OK Go and DCFC? Is that going to work? Like, I'm all for different bands working together, but this doesn't quite make sense...