In this Discussion

How'd You First Get into Ok Go?

124»

Comments

• Welcome to the boards!
  • biggrin.gif
    QUOTE (blackwall @ Oct 25 2006, 12:10 PM)
    I found out about OK Go when I first saw their video for Here It Goes Again last September (I felt like such a loser for knowing them too late). And when I did I was like, "Wow, these guys are amazing" and I fell in love with their music too. Oh No is such a great album. How I wish they could have a tour in Asia as well. They're getting popular here in my country by the way. smile.gif

Hey another fan outside the USA, welcome biggrin.gif
  • Wow, the Philipines **looks at map next to bed** Do you ever go to Indonesia or Malaysia? They are pretty close.
  • A few weeks ago someone posted a link to the Here It Goes video on the RCPM message board. I thought it was awesome, and of course when it was done it showed me the million ways video, so I watched that. And I kept coming back and watching these videos becaue they're awesome. And after I'd seen them a few times I went "Hey, that song's pretty cool too." So I downloaded a bunch of songs from limewire. I liked them, so yesterday I bought the CD

SIDEBAR:
    Here's my feeling on limewire and stealing music. A lot of the music I steal I wouldn't buy anyway, so I'm really not taking any money from the artist. If I really like the music I download I buy the album.

Now if artists don't want their music on YouTube or myspace music then that's fine, I guess that's their right. but I wouldn't know who the hell OKGO was, were their video not on YouTube, and now I bought the CD, so I don't see how YouTube is hurting any artist at all.
    END SIDEBAR
  • I bought their cd blindly about 3 or 4 years ago while working at Best Buy.. their colorful but random cd cover appealed to me. Then shortly after that 'Get Over It' was featured on Extra or one of those tabloid shows.. the rest is history.
  • Well well...

It started last august. A friend of mine sent me the link to watch "A million ways" video on youtube. First I thought it was a silly video of some guys dancing some old disco song. But when Tim started to sing I realised it was a real band and I immediately fell in love with them! Fell in love with the song, with the dancing, with the guys. Ever since, I've got both CDs (no singles unfortunately), spread the word to friends and so on. I MUST listen to ok go cds everyday, or I'll get grumpy! I take the cds to listen at work!

Some weeks later there was the VMAs whole thing, and Ok Go got an entire page on the biggest newspaper in Brazil! Still, the crappy MTV here has never shown any of the band's great videos. The Ok Go community in orkut has something like 900 members, but half of them first met the band in the VMAs, yet I don't think they're that well-known in Brazil. And, I'm still dissapointed to myself as I didn't heard about them before!! I mean, I always loved the Twins theme, but I never had the time to actually watch the series e see the credits. When I read about it, I tought: "my god! I could have been an Ok Go fan for longer!!" biggrin.gif

For me, Ok Go is the best band from USA of this decade. My other favourite band of the decade is Scotland's Franz Ferdinand.

Guess that's all by now.

cool.gif
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Oct 30 2006, 01:26 AM)
    Wow, the Philipines **looks at map next to bed** Do you ever go to Indonesia or Malaysia? They are pretty close.

Yeah, Indonesia and Malaysia are pretty close to my country but I've never been there. smile.gif

Hi to everyone. smile.gif
  • Hello, blackwall!! Welcome to the boards!!

biggrin.gif