In this Discussion

Chicago show 11/10

124»

Comments

• QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Dec 20 2006, 08:43 PM)
    Sorry I took so long to reply; I had to figure out how to post photos. Here's the one of you and sheri (in which Damian looks awful, imo) and one with me in it, so you can see what I look like. Do you remember me from Logan Square?

I must have missed this reply! My apologies. smile.gif

I look a bit ragged, I must say! I was definitely having fun during the concert, but wow...I think I had just a little too much fun. But that is an great picture. Thanks for posting it. I actually don't remember you from the show, I'm sorry. The whole night is a blur of awesome-ness.

You definitely have one of the jobs I will be coveting once I graduate (either in May or in two years after grad school). I would love to be an events coordinator for such a place. The Cincinnati show was amazing. It was organized very well, with great bands other than OK Go, and to top it off, there were fireworks. You can't get any cooler than that. To make travel and hotel arrangements for a big band is also just...stunning. And for your boss to follow suit and allow them to be booked? Wow. That was my first time to Fountain Square and should any of my other favorite bands decide to play there (I've been checking occasionally to see what happens to pass by) I will be back. I loved being there, even in the bitter cold.

Was that picture of you and the guys taken in their hotel room? I ask because while the three of them may have been getting their picture with you, Dan was downstairs, chatting it up with my friend and I. He didn't go upstairs for quite awhile! smile.gif

I can't wait for the April show. We will definitely meet up and you can tell me how I can go about getting such a great job. laugh.gif Or we can just obsess with OK Go equally, and with Sheri. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Dec 22 2006, 01:11 PM)
    The Cincinnati show was amazing.

Thanks! I hope we can entice you back to Fountain Square sometime, though we're not likely to do a show on that scale very often. We'll showcase a ton of local and regional bands, though, and we have all kinds of cool stuff planned. This is truly my dream job, and I wish the same for you. What are you studying?

QUOTE (toiletdog @ Dec 22 2006, 01:11 PM)
    Was that picture of you and the guys taken in their hotel room? I ask because while the three of them may have been getting their picture with you, Dan was downstairs, chatting it up with my friend and I. He didn't go upstairs for quite awhile! smile.gif

It was taken in the green room upstairs. You're lucky you got to talk to Dan for so long. I wish I had taken more time to talk to the guys, but I was so blown away by the show that I couldn't think of anything good to say! Argh! Plus, they seemed busy and pulled in different directions, so I left them to it.

QUOTE (toiletdog @ Dec 22 2006, 01:11 PM)
    I can't wait for the April show. We will definitely meet up and you can tell me how I can go about getting such a great job. laugh.gif Or we can just obsess with OK Go equally, and with Sheri. smile.gif

All that sounds great! smile.gif Obsessing about OK Go is so much fun!!!

My name is Suzanne, by the way (I should have said so in my last post). Nice to meet you!
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Dec 22 2006, 11:06 PM)
    Thanks! I hope we can entice you back to Fountain Square sometime, though we're not likely to do a show on that scale very often. We'll showcase a ton of local and regional bands, though, and we have all kinds of cool stuff planned. This is truly my dream job, and I wish the same for you. What are you studying?
    It was taken in the green room upstairs. You're lucky you got to talk to Dan for so long. I wish I had taken more time to talk to the guys, but I was so blown away by the show that I couldn't think of anything good to say! Argh! Plus, they seemed busy and pulled in different directions, so I left them to it.
    All that sounds great! smile.gif Obsessing about OK Go is so much fun!!!

My name is Suzanne, by the way (I should have said so in my last post). Nice to meet you!

The show did seem pretty "high-caliber" for that type of environment. After I saw what exactly Fountain Square was like, I was a bit surprised that OK Go was going to play there! I got there and it easy to manuever around at first, but by the time OK Go was scheduled to play, there was no going anywhere. Even if I wanted to leave the front row stage, people simply weren't going to let me by. *haha*

I'm actually studying English with a concentration on the grammatical (coincidence per Damian, eh?). I guess it would help to major in something more useful. Perhaps I can one day do something similar career-wise in Indianapolis. Everyone knows we need more help with bands and events there anyway! laugh.gif

Well, I would have to say that at least you got to meet/greet the three. smile.gif I attempted to say hi but security rushed them into the hotel faster than I could keep up. I understand NOW because it was such an "open area" and people could have clobbered any one of the guys, but at the time I was disappointed. Talking to Dan was great though. He is the absolute sweetest guy ever. But I feel the same; even though I was talking to Dan, I wasn't really "talking" to him, if you know what I mean. I was standing there and I'm pretty sure words were coming out of my mouth, but I don't remember much of what was said.

After hearing what you do I am certainly jealous of your job. biggrin.gif Gimme.

It is very nice to meet you! And in a few months we'll meet-up in person. It's going to rock.
  • [edit]

Oh, and btw ... "before the dancing is over ..." *hugs fellow Duranie (or at least gives her a firm handshake)* smile.gif smile.gif

Rachel, thank you! You're hella-sweet.
  • SO glad you replied, Sheri and Jennifer! At the moment I'm slightly buzzed on Jameson Irish whiskey, and I'm listening to Elliott Smith and Arcade Fire (thank you, Damian). Sheri, I suppose you are at the radio station party in Chicago - how exciting!

QUOTE (toiletdog @ Dec 23 2006, 12:31 AM)
    I'm actually studying English with a concentration on the grammatical (coincidence per Damian, eh?). I guess it would help to major in something more useful. Perhaps I can one day do something similar career-wise in Indianapolis. Everyone knows we need more help with bands and events there anyway! laugh.gif

After hearing what you do I am certainly jealous of your job. biggrin.gif Gimme.

English IS useful. Clear communication and good writing are important, valuable, and becoming rarer every year. W/r/t a job search, I'll be happy to help any way I can.

QUOTE (sherib @ Dec 30 2006, 12:00 AM)
    You look familiar in your picture and I vaguely remember someone asking me about the poster, but I don't specifically remember you.

That's all right. We'll meet in April.

(The "with teeth" picture, people--that's what I really look like! Really! *cries*)

You're right. I think I look bad in my photo, too, but I never look good in pictures.

I find it hilarious that I'm not even looking at him or turned toward him. Goes to show how fantastically spoiled we were and how unreal everything was that night, that he was five feet away from me and I wasn't staring at him, enraptured laugh.gif I love how I'm trying to juggle my arms of loot. And I'm shocked there was a moment when I didn't have the hugeass smile on my face that I thought was plastered there the whole night.

Ditto all that.

That's so cool that you were behind the Cincinnati show! I love your picture with them. Andy looks so happy! Damian looks hilarious, and I love Tim's pose biggrin.gif

Thanks! Like I said, this is my dream job, especially that I was in a position to get the boys a show here and that I got to meet them and even hang out with them for a while. Priceless.
    (To set the record straight, though: This photo is from Logan Square, in the upstairs green room on Thursday. Believe it or not, I didn't have a camera at the Cincinnati show, so I have no pictures. I've had to (re)live it vicariously through toiletdog's and loribelle's. I bought a digital camera specifically for the Chicago shows in November. How obsessed is that?)

I've got my Chicago ticket too--it'd be great to meet up.

Hooray! I'm looking forward to it.

Oh, and btw ... "before the dancing is over ..." *hugs fellow Duranie (or at least gives her a firm handshake)* smile.gif smile.gif

OH MY GOD. *jumps out of chair with arms upraised* I might have guessed that if anyone on these boards could figure out the source of my screen name, it would be you, Sheri. I thought I was being obscure (and I probably am, for most people), but you have found me out, and I'm glad. That's f***ing awesome. Hugs are definitely in order! I feel like I've found a new friend. smile.gif smile.gif
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Dec 30 2006, 10:34 PM)
    SO glad you replied, Sheri and Jennifer! At the moment I'm slightly buzzed on Jameson Irish whiskey, and I'm listening to Elliott Smith and Arcade Fire (thank you, Damian).
    Haha biggrin.gif
    Sheri, I suppose you are at the radio station party in Chicago - how exciting!
    Hee, they were just finishing playing at the time you wrote this. Whee smile.gif
    English IS useful. Clear communication and good writing are important, valuable, and becoming rarer every year.
    God, yeah ...
    You're right.
    Whew.
    I think I look bad in my photo, too, but I never look good in pictures.
    Ah, you look fine. And so happy smile.gif
    (To set the record straight, though: This photo is from Logan Square, in the upstairs green room on Thursday.
    Oh wow, cool!
    I bought a digital camera specifically for the Chicago shows in November. How obsessed is that?)
    Nah, you needed one anyway.
    OH MY GOD. *jumps out of chair with arms upraised* I might have guessed that if anyone on these boards could figure out the source of my screen name, it would be you, Sheri. I thought I was being obscure (and I probably am, for most people), but you have found me out, and I'm glad. That's f***ing awesome. Hugs are definitely in order! I feel like I've found a new friend. smile.gif smile.gif
    LOL Awesome!! Hello, friend! biggrin.gif