In this Discussion

Phrases you can say to anger Damian...

Comments

• QUOTE (m_I_a @ Feb 27 2007, 07:32 AM)
    OMG!how narcissistic of him!!

LOL
    When was that photo taken?

I posted about it above, it was taken roughly a year ago and he didn't exactly choose to hold it up. tongue.gif

As for the "I'm not your fucking monkey!!" comment, I think he's said that to other people when they shouted for the guys to dance. Katy and I, at least, got told to shut the fuck up for it, haha.
  • QUOTE (kaydragon @ Feb 26 2007, 09:43 PM)
    I don't know what to shout at Damian to get him pissed but at the concert I went to someone threw his mugshot on stage and I think it kind of disturbed him. He said, "I don't know whether to think this is funny or to be afraid that you found this." But then he taped it to his mic stand, so I don't think it disturbed him too much.

(looks very sheepish and hides behind Sheri)
  • Hahaha, you distuuurrrbed him!
  • Hey I'd distrurb Damian any day
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Feb 27 2007, 04:48 PM)

Was that you at the Chicago show? Haha, I though that was funny. biggrin.gif

I just remembered that someone commented on Damian's outfit (I didn't hear exactly what she said) but he yelled at her. He said he shouldn't listen to her because she was wearing sweat pants. Maybe I you tell Damian he should wear sweat pants, or just change his look in general, he'll get mad at you.
  • QUOTE (kaydragon @ Feb 27 2007, 02:43 AM)
    I don't know what to shout at Damian to get him pissed but at the concert I went to someone threw his mugshot on stage and I think it kind of disturbed him. He said, "I don't know whether to think this is funny or to be afraid that you found this."

But it's everywhere... you type Damian Kulash into google and it comes up, its on their myspace....
    And it's hot. he can't blame us, really, can he?

Damian seems quite easy to anger. I'd like to see someone shout something that made him really mellow and happy or literally squeal with joy...

"Play what you want to play, I don't mind - my life is in your capable hands!!!"
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Feb 26 2007, 10:06 PM)
    thanks for reminding me of this thread, kaydragon.

BTW, is it like a running joke to yell out and request "Cinnamon Lips" at a show? In my early fandom, I heard this twice in like two weeks, and I thought there must be something to it - even beyond the running joke that they famously don't take requests because "we're not monkeys." Anyone?

At the concert I went to, people kept shouting "one more song!!" and "please sing one more song!!" but those people didn't know that they had a couple more to go, and Damian replied with something like "you ask for one more song, and we give you two!" It was great. Some people were requesting that they play a few songs, which they already planned to play later, and some other songs, like covers and such. Needless to say, they didn't play the requests, except for ones that they already planned on playing.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Feb 27 2007, 06:26 PM)
    Damian seems quite easy to anger. I'd like to see someone shout something that made him really mellow and happy or literally squeal with joy...

"Play what you want to play, I don't mind - my life is in your capable hands!!!"

That would be great! I think that no matter what they play, it's great. When I met them they kept saying stuff like "I hope you guys enjoy the show" and I was like "Oh, I will."
    I would rather just enjoy what they have planned instead of make requests.
  • Yeah me too smile.gif
    Tim kept saying "Jeez guys... you came again? Wow... jeez guys, thanks..."
    I was like "DUH!!! As if I'd miss THIS!!!"
  • Haha yea I think Tim said jeeze a few times to me too :]
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Feb 27 2007, 05:48 PM)
    toiletdog, you're so cute. smile.gif

QUOTE (Electra @ Feb 27 2007, 06:26 PM)
    I'd like to see someone shout something that made him really mellow and happy or literally squeal with joy... "Play what you want to play, I don't mind - my life is in your capable hands!!!"
    Aww, that'd be nice...

QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Feb 27 2007, 06:39 PM)
    At the concert I went to, people kept shouting "one more song!!" and "please sing one more song!!" but those people didn't know that they had a couple more to go, and Damian replied with something like "you ask for one more song, and we give you two!" It was great.
    I know. He's so sharp like that.

I'm always afraid to shout things at shows, because I'm pretty sure I'll sound like an idiot, or not be heard at all, which would be worse. And I would never shout something during a quiet moment during a song, because that's just rude!
  • I posted earlier that at the Pomona concert last year, a girl was on stage dancing with the boys during AMW.
    http://flickr.com/photos/17123911@N00/2871...in/photostream/
    Apparently, all she said was for the boys to dance. Is it just that simple????
  • QUOTE (nati_face @ Dec 8 2006, 03:53 AM)
    Oh! I agree with the caroling part! Definitely... And that blows! I'm sorry your director is a jerkace sad.gif Yeah, going along with what you were saying, I took for granted the fact that as an alto at least we got to learn something new and different, which was refreshing. I think you're the first cool soprano I've ever come across laugh.gif In my chorus most of the sopranos were so prissy and arrogant - I don't know, it was strange XD We, the boardies, should start our own choir honoring OK Go!! Hah.

My choir director wasn't actually a jerkface, he was pretty cool, we just didn't have enough good first sopranos for me to move down to second soprano when I was one of the two or three that could hit the notes. Yeah, most of our firsts were that way, all the years I was in choir I probably met three or four first sopranos I liked, it was bad, I don't know what it is about being a first soprano that seems to make you predisposed to be obnoxious, but I'm glad I avoided that. I agree that we need to start our own choir though! That would be AMAZING!

QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 9 2006, 02:54 PM)
    Oooh Oooh I'm a soprano!!!! Now that I'm a grown-up and I don't go to school anymore, I sing with the Rainbow Chorale of Delaware - we're an LGBT choir. I'm straight and married, but I joined because - get this - THEY NEEDED Sopranos!!!!!!!! NO ONE *needs* sopranos. It was the first and only time I'd ever seen it, so I joined and I love them. We've got our December concert next weekend.

Wow, I love how we've totally gotten off the topic of this thread. :-)

That is pretty cool! I need to find a good choral group in the area, or at least a good voice teacher. I miss singing!

QUOTE (mundum @ Feb 26 2007, 09:20 PM)
    Psh. Try being 14! My first concert was Green Day when I was 12 and as soon as I uttered my age everbody around me just started laughing quietly to themselves. sad.gif I may be young, but I like to think of myself as a cranky old lady in fandom years. rolleyes.gif

I feel your pain (a little) my first concert I was 8 or 9, and it was the Rolling Stones, which made that even worse, because the next youngest people seemed to be in their thirties or fourties... ah well, it was still a damn good concert!

QUOTE (rocksugar @ Feb 27 2007, 11:30 AM)
    I have no clues what to say to Damian, but did anyone go to the Glass House concert last year in November? Apparently some girl was yelling at him and they pulled her up on stage. She got up on the speakers and danced while they danced AMW. Sorry if this was mentioned before, just thought I'd let you know. My pics were all blurry that night but here is a decent one (she's on the left). Oh btw, if the girl that is in question on the board, we'd all like to know what you said to Damian. smile.gif

Edit- All I know is that Damian kept saying, "I'm not your fu*king monkey!!"

Anything that involves requests or anything which Damian percieves as bossing him around seems to do it.

QUOTE (Electra @ Feb 27 2007, 04:26 PM)
    But it's everywhere... you type Damian Kulash into google and it comes up, its on their myspace....
    And it's hot. he can't blame us, really, can he?

He's not easy to anger anymore apparently (or having the flu somehow impeded his ability to yell at people when they angered him). I repeatedly yelled the word use at him at the Seattle concert (i.e. "way to use those dance moves Damian!!!" and "Hey Damian! Way to use that guitar!!!"), and he totally ignored it. Woe is me.
  • QUOTE (hyannah77 @ Mar 13 2007, 10:15 AM)
    He's not easy to anger anymore apparently (or having the flu somehow impeded his ability to yell at people when they angered him). I repeatedly yelled the word use at him at the Seattle concert (i.e. "way to use those dance moves Damian!!!" and "Hey Damian! Way to use that guitar!!!"), and he totally ignored it. Woe is me.

heh, he probably thought you were complementing him. Sarcasm gets lost when you're yelling. tongue.gif
  • Maybe the combination of being ill and happily married mellowed him...
    Damn you, Happiness!!!! Grrrr!!! dry.gif

Next thing to try - obsenities!!!
  • Sheri and I came up with a great way to potentially anger Damian on our way to Wisconsin. Put headphones on when they walk onstage, act like you aren't even listening to the show, and give someone an earbud so that BOTH of you are rocking out to something else other than OK Go.

Not being completely focused and fixated on Damian just might anger him enough to get you pulled onto the stage and beat to shit, but I'm sure it would be completely worth it. laugh.gif
  • laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

God, I wish you/we had actually done this.
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Mar 13 2007, 07:56 AM)
    heh, he probably thought you were complementing him. Sarcasm gets lost when you're yelling. tongue.gif

hahaha, no, it wasn't a sarcastic thing, I forgot that the forums change the word UTlLlZE to the word use, so I was shouting "Way to UTlLlZE that guitar Damian" and "Way to UTlLlZE those dance moves" and since he hates that word, I thought he'd respond, but no...
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Mar 13 2007, 10:46 AM)
    Maybe the combination of being ill and happily married mellowed him...
    Damn you, Happiness!!!! Grrrr!!! dry.gif
    Next thing to try - obsenities!!!

Haha, I think it was mainly that he was ill, 'cause he was happily married at the November show and still called me a bitch *swoon* goodness... such fond memories...

QUOTE (toiletdog @ Mar 15 2007, 06:54 PM)
    Sheri and I came up with a great way to potentially anger Damian on our way to Wisconsin. Put headphones on when they walk onstage, act like you aren't even listening to the show, and give someone an earbud so that BOTH of you are rocking out to something else other than OK Go.

Not being completely focused and fixated on Damian just might anger him enough to get you pulled onto the stage and beat to shit, but I'm sure it would be completely worth it. laugh.gif

that would be AMAZING! If you ever do that, I want to be there, or better yet, I want to be involved!
  • Haha, get the whole front row doing it ...

I want to see him drop his guitar Nigel Tufnel-style and just walk off.