In this Discussion

OK Go in Las Vegas

Comments

• Tabatha, I would totally take you and Angela if I knew how to drive freeway.. I'm not sure I can go anymore either because our ride is having second thoughts too.

I bet they would be refreshed since they get like a week off.

Want to rent a bus??
  • It sucks by see what greyhoud or Amtrak is running its cheaper then renting a car and buying gas. IM taking Amtrak to see them in Anaheim in March.

Adrienne

QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Dec 22 2006, 05:48 AM)
    Tabatha, I would totally take you and Angela if I knew how to drive freeway.. I'm not sure I can go anymore either because our ride is having second thoughts too.

I bet they would be refreshed since they get like a week off.

Want to rent a bus??
  • The TV show thing was mentioned somewhere before, but it's always good to repeat since some of us will forget. huh.gif

http://www.aolmusicnewsblog.com/2006/12/24...-year-in-vegas/

Ok Go Ring In the New Year in Vegas
    Posted Dec 24th 2006 9:57AM by Steve Baltin
    Filed under: Rock

OK Go might be from Chicago, but the band that made the treadmill famous again is all about Vegas these days. For starters, the band will be spending New Year's Eve in Sin City, performing at a Fremont Street event, broadcast live on CD USA, that will also feature All-American Rejects, Rock Star Supernova, among others. OK Go are also bringing a friend to the festivities in legendary soul singer Sam Moore. "We're going to do a couple of covers with him, one of his songs and then one other, which I think will be a lot of fun," OK Go frontman Damian Kulash says.

Kulash is suitably humbled by the fact that Moore even knows his band, let alone wants to play with them. "He is among the people who wrote the history of rock 'n' roll. I feel like we are students of rock 'n' roll, not exactly progenitors," Kulash says. "It really is mind-bending."

The group's Vegas experience doesn't end when the clock strikes midnight though, as OK Go are featured on an upcoming episode of he NBC series 'Las Vegas.' "Essentially the main bit is us performing a song, but obviously the show happens in Las Vegas and some high roller sort of convinces us to go up into the suite and show them how to move on treadmills," Kulash says somewhat sheepishly. "It's kind of embarrassing and awesome at the same time."
  • QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Dec 22 2006, 12:47 AM)
    Wha? He doesn't like FOX? I'm suddenly humbled... there's something about him that I don't know about? smile.gif

Well it's Fox News Channel, not Fox itself. Fox News, as much as it pretends to be all about "Fair and Balanced Coverage" is really nothing more than right-wing propaganda, and we all know that Damian is all about the left-wing.
  • Another brief write up about Vegas with a few quotes from Damian:

http://www.calendarlive.com/nightlife/club...y?coll=cl-clubs
  • Dami e n.
    But thanks for posting! Those are some good quottttes
  • How cute, I love Damian smile.gif

You'd think the guy would learn to spell his name right.
  • QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Dec 28 2006, 05:39 PM)
    How cute, I love Damian smile.gif

You'd think the guy would learn to spell his name right.

Well, at least it is just one letter, there was another one I read who got Tim's name completely wrong, I can't remember what his name was replaced with though.
  • ALRIGHT.

I'M GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 WHO ELSE IS GONNA BE THERE? I'm worried though, I heard there's some curfew for 18- at 9!!!!! what the hell is that!? anyway, I'm gonna find ID so.

EEP!!!!!! smile.gif:smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif:
  • Ahem...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!1!!rioe;or52089345!!!!!!$1p!!11iop4i4!LKfaDSF!!@$)!SDLOPMGO GMOGMGOMGO!

My eyes can't take much more of that.

I hope that whomever gets out there manages to get up close and personal for me. biggrin.gif
  • just kidding........ oh god i hate life..

i don't have a ride after all :'( i was ready to buy tickets and everything :'(

/wrists

whoever goes, please post pictures :'(
  • wait so when and what channel is thing going to be on?
  • Sometime tonight, maybe 10ish?

It's on DirecTV's CD USA, which I think is channel 101? Not sure, I don't have it.
  • Please, is someone going to record this? I'm dying to see it, especially since they're performing with Sam Moore, right? But I'm not desperate enough to stay home on New Year's after ten consecutive days of hosting relatives. Unfortunately, the only means I had available to record the performance (off Fox) was our trusty old VCR, and that finally died on us about a week ago. So if anyone is going to record this, I'd be eternally grateful.
  • I have a feeling this is gonna be an awesome preformance to welcome an awesome year! Its at 11/10 CT if you're watching Fox News.
  • It's on! It's on!

Now to wait for OK Go to come on.

Whoa, the guy in Vegas reporting...I've stood right around in that exact spot. It's about 15 feet from the entrance to a stripjoint, bhahaha.

(Also, get pumped, Drake Bell is going to perform at 1130/C. whee!)

edit: I hope this guy isn't talking during OK Go's performance like he did with the Tommy Lee band, because that will certainly ruin it for me. dry.gif
  • What a lovely clip they just showed. Except that crowd sucks! No one was jumping around or dancing at all, they were all just standing there. How can they do that? psh. And oh no, my new year is looking bleak because Tim still has that mustache from last night. I was hoping he'd have shaved it off... How does everyone else feel about his new look?
  • anyone have an idea what time they'll be on cause I'm way too busy playing Guitar Hero.
  • They're coming up sometime soon, supposedly.

I've had Jackass 2 on pause for the last hour waiting for them, I wish they'd give us a better time schedule than "OK Go will be on later!" dry.gif

EDIT: IT'S ONNN!!!
  • Hurrah! Damian didn't censor Jesus into goodness, way to stick it into the FCC's face!

Man, with two minutes to go, they seriously just welcomed the new year. *tear* I'm so proud. This is better than last year's.

And Tim's sweatervest matches my socks. blink.gif