In this Discussion

name rater.

Comments

• Sara is also a very common name but it has its roots in the bible.Apparently it means princess biggrin.gif
    I like the name Melissa, though it has no translation in portuguese.
  • I give my name, Tabatha a nice hearty four, a step up from a few years ago, in which I would have given it a 1 or perhaps .5.

My name still pretty much sucks, since no one ever says the whole thing because they're too lazy, and I myself can't even pronounce it right half the time.

I have a tendency to sound like I'm saying, "Tamia" or something equally retarded. Whenever I tell people my name, half the time they respond with, "What?"

I even say, "Tabbi" a common nickname for me, retarded. Everyone seems to think I say Tammy. Idiots.
  • Okay, did anyone else read the thread title and think it said "name raper"??

Just me? Okay then.

Um, I don't like my first name, Nicole, a bunch, but my middle name, Kaelyn, is pretty unique, seeing as my mom intended it to be Katelyn but messed up. Also, I was supposed to be Kaelyn Nicole, but the nurse gave my mom a weird look, so I wound up being Nicole Kaelyn.

Also also, I went by Katie for years and years, then switched to Nicole 'cause there were too many Katie's, and switched to Katy when I moved before 7th grade. Identity crisis much?

I was Emily for a while, but apparently I didn't look like an Emily. Also, my mom really wanted to name me Philadelphia or India, but my dad was against that.

I feel conceited rating my own name. Someone else do it for me.
  • Well my name used to be Holycrapaninjajustkilledmydog (-3) but i changed it to a simpler name, James (8).

And in Czechoslovakia, my name is pronounced Yames. (10)
    In Khahzakstan, my name is pronounced Yah-més. (10)
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Dec 13 2006, 09:22 PM)
    You spelled treadmill wrong so you get a 3.

HAHAHAHA

QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Dec 14 2006, 04:41 PM)
    me!.. i give darbie an 11...

But that isn't your real name... tongue.gif

I like my name, Jennifer, I didn't used to but I like the story behind why I'm called it and I like that all my friends sing the song I was named after to me, so I give it an 8 smile.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Dec 14 2006, 08:18 PM)
    Okay, did anyone else read the thread title and think it said "name raper"??
    Just me? Okay then.
    Um, I don't like my first name, Nicole, a bunch, but my middle name, Kaelyn, is pretty unique, seeing as my mom intended it to be Katelyn but messed up. Also, I was supposed to be Kaelyn Nicole, but the nurse gave my mom a weird look, so I wound up being Nicole Kaelyn.

Also also, I went by Katie for years and years, then switched to Nicole 'cause there were too many Katie's, and switched to Katy when I moved before 7th grade. Identity crisis much?

I was Emily for a while, but apparently I didn't look like an Emily. Also, my mom really wanted to name me Philadelphia or India, but my dad was against that.

I feel conceited rating my own name. Someone else do it for me.

Just be happy that youre name isn't Melanie Vieira or Cátia Vanessa or even maybe Gertrudes dos Santos, cause that's the risk you take when you have portuguese descendence.
    I'll rate Nicole as an 8 because i like it...
    since you've refered to it, my second name is Rachel, in portuguese Raquel (you read it like Rakel). The worst part of it is that it means sheep, so....if you read my posts, you'll know what an awfull combination of significances that is my name...
  • Are you the princess of sheep??!?

To be fair, I'm not exactly in love with my last name, and it's very Portuguese. I had to sign a sign-in sheet in one of my classes, and I was like, "Oh, GREAT, everyone's going to know I'm American because of my stupid American handwriting" (it's true, French handwriting is so different), and then I realised like, EVERYONE in the class had the same Portuguese last names, just like me. So I didn't feel so awkward after that.
  • My name's Emmett, which should get a 100 out of 10
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Dec 14 2006, 11:08 PM)
    Are you the princess of sheep??!?

To be fair, I'm not exactly in love with my last name, and it's very Portuguese. I had to sign a sign-in sheet in one of my classes, and I was like, "Oh, GREAT, everyone's going to know I'm American because of my stupid American handwriting" (it's true, French handwriting is so different), and then I realised like, EVERYONE in the class had the same Portuguese last names, just like me. So I didn't feel so awkward after that.

Yeah there are like a kazillion persons with the same last name as you. But it's not bad, I like it...
    Yes I am the princess of sheep, it's the most horrible combination of meanings ever isn't it?
  • rate meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    tiffany.
  • QUOTE (rollo puzz @ Dec 15 2006, 03:37 PM)
    rate meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    tiffany.

my friends names tiffany, we call her taco. biggrin.gif(hehe) anyway i think that name is awesome it should get a 9. tongue.gif
  • My name is zachary or zac or zak or z
  • My name is Kerrie
    It's annoying cos most people either spell it Kerry or Kerri, which bugs me. That's why when I go to gigs I sometimes end up wearing a name tag laugh.gif But, I like it cos (where I come from at least) it's relatively uncommon
  • my name is ambreen... i think its okay-ish so i'll give it a 7 i guess
    but some of my friends call me amberdino cuz once i had a teacher who kept thinking my name was amberdine or amberdino and my friends thought that was hilarious and it just sorta stuck..
    so amberdino can get a 9 cuz its funny sounding and random haha.
  • my name is rammy and i have never met any body with that name but i think there is cause i searched it.. haha.

i'd give it an 8 or so. Also almost everybody pronounce it wrong which sucks. unsure.gif
  • I give both of my names, Krista and Elle, 8's.

I have to say, there are some pretty awesomely-named people on these boards. biggrin.gif
  • Patty, hmmm i don't know. It can go either way i guess.
  • Well. That's what Damian's sister was called when she was younger, soo...9.5.
  • QUOTE (D. Vertigo @ Dec 13 2006, 04:34 PM)
    Elise is such a pretty name! Why don't you like it? If I end up having children, my first daughter is going to be named Elise.

My name is Danielle. I give it an 8. I like it.
    Hey! That's my name too. ohmy.gif
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jan 22 2007, 09:45 PM)
    Well. That's what Damian's sister was called when she was younger, soo...9.5.

wait, are you talking to me haha??

o wait because it comes from Patricia right?