In this Discussion

Win invite-only tickets to see OK Go

Comments

• Evidently, they performed their Million Ways dance last night. I haven't seen anything else yet about the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUYfjMPSGgM
  • You know what's really freaky? I posted a reply here and now it's nowhere to be seen. Damn you internet!

Anway, Sheri, what a marvelous time! How fantastic. I'm so glad you and T.Dogg had fun. Was it hard to get into the place? Bah! T.Dogg, Damian is trying to read you like a book. I hope that didn't freak you out! Awesome tongue.gif

(I'm thinking of applying to schools to specialize in doing Pediatric dentistry. Some of the schools are in Chicago and one is in Madison. People ask me why I want to apply there...it's secretly cause I know a lot of boardies are there and I want to meet y'all)
  • damn Sheri! I envy you more and more each day! I'm very glad that you had a good time, athough a little bitter that my latest OK Go concert didn't turn out quite so well dry.gif

Oh, well.. Andy did smile and point at me from the stage, but I never found out if he liked his shirt or not!

*rant over*
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Mar 14 2007, 05:05 PM)
    Dan & Andy's variation was running off stage (over to the right side) and blowing kisses to/hugging Alex, the roadie whose last night was last night.

I was wondering where the hell they went during that part! Haha, that's cute.

It was a fun show, and the guys hung out for a couple hours afterwards. As did we (Jackie J, Jennifer/T.Dog, and me), leaving after the van took them away. I've put up live and post-show pics on okgocentral in Candids, Fans 2007, and Live 2007, and I put up a video of them playing "A Million Ways." Jackie & Jennifer have tons of pics & vids themselves; we'll see what they post here; I'll be putting a plethora up on the site when I get copies from them, probably within the next week.
    All your pictures are amazing, thanks so much for putting them up.

- Damian saying "salads" instead of "solids" numerous times while playing pool (as in the balls are stripes or solids) in an apparent imitation of a Wisconsin accent, then expanding it to "Salad! Salad as a rack," to the tune of that annoying '80s Ashford & Simpson song "Solid as a Rock," over and over and over again. Just when you thought he was done with it, you'd hear him again: "Salad! Salad as a rack ... " It was a great window into real life on the road with Damian Kulash.

So you guys got to hang around with them? like you were old buddies? Did his little "salad" thing get annoying?

- Andy being enthralled with an 8 x 10 someone gave him of him during his first OK Go show (in Madison)--and me about dying when I peeked around him & Dan and saw it was a pic of him being attacked by stripper-pole girl
    Someone better get all "Sherlock Holmes" and find this picture!

- It's a little dizzying talking to Damian with his face at your level (and close) for the first time. He was sitting on the edge of the (low) stage after the show and I was standing next to him.

Why do birds suddenly appear, everytime, you are near......

- Andy really likes soccer

- Andy and Jackie talking about soccer for what seemed like 5.6 hours but was really probably five minutes
    I always thought all he liked was baseball. Soccer is the best sport!

- Damian: "You're really shy, aren't you?" to Jennifer

The same Jennifer who let Damian lift her shirt? I don't believe it.

- Andy telling me no, he didn't write the "I can't help but look at asses, notice each one as it passes" line from DraculaZombieUSA (his friend Will did, along with all the rest of the DZUSA lyrics), but that he wholeheartedly agrees with the sentiment
    That's the line I live by.

- Dan demanding to meet my husband

Lol. Did he get to meet him?

I'm glad you had a great time Sheri. And thanks for the video of AMW. I had never seen or heard them perfom the "real" version of that song laugh.gif

Can't wait for the rest of the pics!
  • Holy shit, Sheri.
    I'll just let you imagine my reactions to all of this.
    !!!
  • OMFG sheri
    im SO JEALOUS!!!
    argh and even more angry at gibson amphitheatre for sucking.
    its like one of my life goals to be friends with a band. haha.
    aahhh and that picture is SO CUTE. they are so adorable!! i love it!
  • Better add me to that growing list of envious people. tongue.gif That's awesome that you got to spend so much time with the guys! I really enjoyed reading your write and up and looking at your amazing photos, as well as the AMW video. I had NO IDEA they acutally played that during shows NON-acoustically. I guess that's quite a rare treat.

I also particularly liked this photo:

Oh Dan. HAHAHA. Nice timing. It reminds me of how he mentioned (in that one interview he did with Andy) that he saw a band member (I forgot who) at one of his first concerts down a whole bottle of booze. How ironic.
  • Tack me to the bottom of that list. Sheri, you are like this *crosses fingers* with OK Go. Is/Was Damian still sick? That would have been awful with all that free booze around and the inability to consume it because you are on medication. JK. tongue.gif
  • Sheri, you are my idol! laugh.gif "Salad as a rack!"

QUOTE (sherib @ Mar 14 2007, 08:05 PM)
    Why do I always do this with this man? I always turn into frickin' Baby from "Dirty Dancing." "I carried a watermelon??"

Nobody puts Sheri in a corner!
  • [edit]

QUOTE (rocksugar @ Mar 15 2007, 01:31 AM)
    Sheri, you are like this *crosses fingers* with OK Go.

No, I'm not. And like I said, I think they don't know what to make of me at this point. I was getting a weird vibe. I really hope I haven't overstayed my welcome.

That pic of Dan--Damian passed the bottle around at one point. It's not like Dan was swigging all night. smile.gif

Well, the "salad" thing was annoying in theory. I busted up laughing every single time he did it, so the whole thing entertained the hell out of me, but I can see how if you lived with him day in, day out, it would have been annoying. biggrin.gif

Nope, hubby wasn't there.
  • Damn you, Sheri! I was hoping you wouldn't start talking about this until I had a chance to get my own pictures and videos up. Or at least until I finally woke up after sleeping for a full day. Those two hours at your house just didn't cut it when I had to spend the next ten walking around Chicago and touring colleges.

Hell yes, I am shy. Normally I am quite the excited idiot when it comes to meeting anyone else, but for some very weird reason, I need YOU to push me in the right direction when OK Go is around. What am I going to do without you when they come to Indianapolis?

My favorite line of the night was "Thanks, babe. You're great. Thanks for coming to see me" after I sat down with Damian for the picture. Glee.

I also enjoyed talking with Andy about "The A-Ross Experience" and that he gave me permission to play them at my station. He was shocked that his "old, college-music" was still out there, somewhere.

AND I got up the gall to ask Dan about his college days and about his tattoo. But if you want to know about that, it's in the "You rock, Dan!" thread.

I did not get to really "talk" with Tim, but I loved hearing "Awww, you're welcome, thank YOU" after I graciously thanked him for the picture with me.

And I am finally able to divulge that I attended that show. It sucked keeping my mouth closed for a solid week about where I would be over spring break. Now I can tell the world! And I am still wearing my VIP wristband.

More of a write-up on Sunday, when I return to school and upload everything. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Mar 15 2007, 04:00 PM)
    ...And like I said, I think they don't know what to make of me at this point. I was getting a weird vibe. I really hope I haven't overstayed my welcome...

...Nope, hubby wasn't there. Dan was demanding to meet him at a show sometime. smile.gif

I wouldn't worry about the weird vibe thing. If Dan was demanding to meet your hubby at a show sometime in the future, that really sounds like they are hoping to see you again too. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Mar 15 2007, 08:35 PM)
    Damn you, Sheri! I was hoping you wouldn't start talking about this until I had a chance to get my own pictures and videos up. Or at least until I finally woke up after sleeping for a full day. Those two hours at your house just didn't cut it when I had to spend the next ten walking around Chicago and touring colleges.
    God, I was hurting too.

Normally I am quite the excited idiot when it comes to meeting anyone else, but for some very weird reason, I need YOU to push me in the right direction when OK Go is around. What am I going to do without you when they come to Indianapolis?
    You will persevere--don't worry! Besides, you're not going alone, right? I'm sure someone else can push you as effectively as I can biggrin.gif
    I wish I could come. But man, that would be overkill, and I don't have the money or the vacation time. If they were headlining, I'd probably be looking for a body part to sell, but since it's not ... But it really bums me out because I think it'd be a blast to hang out with you more. I'm glad we've got Chicago coming up. smile.gif *warm fuzzies*

My favorite line of the night was "Thanks, babe. You're great. Thanks for coming to see me" after I sat down with Damian for the picture. Glee.
    How did I not even hear this? laugh.gif That's awesome.

• QUOTE (sherib @ Mar 15 2007, 08:29 PM)
    You will persevere--don't worry! Besides, you're not going alone, right? I'm sure someone else can push you as effectively as I can biggrin.gif

I've got Suzanne (sureeyesawake) coming with, but I don't know if she's as "pushy" as you are when it comes to stepping up to the plate and meeting the guys. We may both be in dire straits if they start walking in our general direction. biggrin.gif I need my Sheri push! Let's just hope we have the spot and the same opportunity in two weeks as we did on Tuesday. Gosh, that was such a great show.

Like I said, the invite is still open if you do manage to get down to Indy. My mom is nearly pleading with me for you to come over. She's just so happy that I had somewhere to go and stay while in Chicago, and that person was responsible and not insane. laugh.gif Well, one out of two isn't bad.
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Mar 16 2007, 04:52 PM)
    but I don't know if she's as "pushy" as you are when it comes to stepping up to the plate and meeting the guys

She's just so happy that I had somewhere to go and stay while in Chicago, and that person was responsible and not insane. laugh.gif Well, one out of two isn't bad.

You seem to be on a one-woman campaign to ruin my reputation.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Mar 16 2007, 06:55 PM)
    You seem to be on a one-woman campaign to ruin my reputation.

Hip bones, Sheri. Hip bones. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
  • Ok, so settle down, ladies and gentlemen. I am too hyperventilation-able to tell a special tale of what happened on Tuesday, so I will give the mic to Sheri, as she is oh-so-good at these once in a lifetime moments.
  • laugh.gif

I was going to put this in my list in my other post, but I figured it was T.Dog's story to tell. But okay, here goes:

Jackie and I are talking to Dan a bit after the show was over. At this point only Dan and maybe Tim were out and about. Dan walks away; Jackie's doing something I don't remember, and I turn around to talk to Jennifer. Whereupon I find her literally hyperventilating. I actually think that she's going to pass out. "What happened?? What's the matter?" Continued hyperventilating. "What's going on?? Are you okay???" Luckily for our poor Jennifer, there was music playing and it was dark in there, so this didn't attract attention. After a few more moments of helpless shallow breathing, she points at the door to backstage (to the right of the stage) and manages to gasp out, "Damian. Almost. Naked."

"WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?"

Apparently a minute before this, the door had popped open (it was doing that all the time as people went in and out) and there was Damian in much glory. From where we were, there was stuff blocking the view of the doorway from the floor to about waist level. But she saw him shirtless, and there was hip-bone action. I assume he had a towel around him or something. And then he disappeared.

I'm laughing all over again as I write this. I'm not being mean to Jennifer at all here, but she looked like her eyes needed to be pushed back into their sockets.

All I can say is thank God I didn't see it. I wish I had, but I'm sure I would have been all "OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!" It was bad enough without my even having seen it.

"You got to see hip bones??? Was there horizontal-pube-line?"
    "No! If there had been, I would be dead!"

It's all about the music.