In this Discussion

Win invite-only tickets to see OK Go

Comments

• QUOTE (sherib @ Mar 16 2007, 05:36 PM)
    laugh.gif

It's all about the music.

*snarf!* (that's a soda up my nose LOL!)
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Mar 17 2007, 01:36 AM)
    laugh.gif

I was going to put this in my list in my other post, but I figured it was T.Dog's story to tell. But okay, here goes:

Jackie and I are talking to Dan a bit after the show was over. At this point only Dan and maybe Tim were out and about. Dan walks away; Jackie's doing something I don't remember, and I turn around to talk to Jennifer. Whereupon I find her literally hyperventilating. I actually think that she's going to pass out. "What happened?? What's the matter?" Continued hyperventilating. "What's going on?? Are you okay???" Luckily for our poor Jennifer, there was music playing and it was dark in there, so this didn't attract attention. After a few more moments of helpless shallow breathing, she points at the door to backstage (to the right of the stage) and manages to gasp out, "Damian. Almost. Naked."

"WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?"

Apparently a minute before this, the door had popped open (it was doing that all the time as people went in and out) and there was Damian in much glory. From where we were, there was stuff blocking the view of the doorway from the floor to about waist level. But she saw him shirtless, and there was hip-bone action. I assume he had a towel around him or something. And then he disappeared.

I'm laughing all over again as I write this. I'm not being mean to Jennifer at all here, but she looked like her eyes needed to be pushed back into their sockets.

All I can say is thank God I didn't see it. I wish I had, but I'm sure I would have been all "OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!" It was bad enough without my even having seen it.

"You got to see hip bones??? Was there horizontal-pube-line?"
    "No! If there had been, I would be dead!"

hahahahaha This made my day! tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Mar 16 2007, 07:36 PM)

And what's funny is that I was glancing around the room right after this happened, and people were looking at me strangely. I think they thought I was in shock because I had just gotten through chatting with Sweet Dan. Immediately after Dan walked away is when the Kulash semi-stepped out of the backroom, which is when I saw everything down to where the goddamn sound board blocked the rest of my view. While Dan is a lovely, lovely man, he is the only one I feel confident talking and actually asking to get a picture with, without Sheri's push. laugh.gif

See? It is so much more interesting when Sheri tells these stories.

(starts praying that Damian's mother isn't reading this thread)
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Mar 16 2007, 09:36 PM)
    "You got to see hip bones??? Was there horizontal-pube-line?"
    "No! If there had been, I would be dead!"

LOL!! You guys are too funny! laugh.gif
  • Can't wait for you to join us in Chicago!
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Mar 16 2007, 11:34 PM)
    Can't wait for you to join us in Chicago!

biggrin.gif I know! I'm so excited! biggrin.gif Only 16 more days! biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Mar 17 2007, 05:17 AM)
    biggrin.gif I know! I'm so excited! biggrin.gif Only 16 more days! biggrin.gif

Holy Shizzle! You guys are all going to be in Chicago together!? Wow, that place will never be the same. That sounds like such a cool adventure. Can I come too? unsure.gif

(And what am I still doing up at this hour?)
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 17 2007, 08:28 AM)
    Holy Shizzle! You guys are all going to be in Chicago together!? Wow, that place will never be the same. That sounds like such a cool adventure. Can I come too? unsure.gif

Yes, there are a few of us meeting at the Chicago concert! laugh.gif Tempe, if you could come that would make my day.

Apply to the Chicago dental school and just think of all the fun you'll have!! smile.gif
  • That does it. The next time I fly for OK Go, it will be to Chicago (only for a headlining concert though) because I must attend a concert with you girls!!! No one comes back with better stories than you.

Poor Jenn, it's almost like he does it on purpose. First the thing with the t-shirt and now Hip Bones???
  • Hi, just now checking in...

tdog, I don't know if I'm as pushy as Sheri, but my guess is probably not. I'm usually too polite. I usually need someone to push me, too, but I'm learning to be more bold when it comes to these things. I must be somewhere between you and sheri on the pushy-polite spectrum.

CHICAGO. It's my kind of town. Can't frickin' wait. I am really excited to be going with all of you. This is going to be fun. Plus it sounds like I'll get to meet a few more boardies as well.

I can't get over this whole story of the Madison show. My goodness, girls. My goodness. You were very fortunate. Let's hope it follows you.

QUOTE (sherib @ Mar 16 2007, 09:36 PM)

Well, mostly. biggrin.gif
    QUOTE (keaton @ Mar 16 2007, 09:55 PM)
    *snarf!* (that's a soda up my nose LOL!)

Yeah, exactly. LOL!!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 17 2007, 06:28 AM)

Dude, I would come and pick you up myself if I could. Limo. Stretch. Full bar. Hip bone priviledges. But not mine. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Mar 17 2007, 12:13 PM)
    Hi, just now checking in...

tdog, I don't know if I'm as pushy as Sheri, but my guess is probably not. I'm usually too polite. I usually need someone to push me too, but I'm learning to be more bold when it comes to these things. I must be somewhere between you and sheri on the pushy-polite spectrum.

CHICAGO. It's my kind of town. Can't frickin' wait. I am really excited to be going with all of you. This is going to be fun. Plus it sounds like I'll get to meet a few more boardies as well.

I can't get over this whole story of the Madison show. My goodness, girls. My goodness. You were very fortunate. Let's hope it follows you.
    Well, mostly. biggrin.gif

Yeah, exactly. LOL!!

Ditto. I think, however, that you would still be better at approaching them than I am. I wasn't kidding about Sheri's push; she literally PUSHES me in Damian's direction when a photo op comes up. I am so glad she does it though, otherwise I would kick myself in the face for all enternity for missing out. I just feel bad about asking them for a picture or autograph.

Other than with OK Go, I tend to be pseudo-positive and bold.

Poor Jenn, it's almost like he does it on purpose. First the thing with the t-shirt and now Hip Bones???
    He does! He does do it on purpose. His main goal in life is now to give me a fatal heart attack via gorgeous hip bones and breast swishing.

The one with Dan must be on Jennifer's camera

It is, Sheri. smile.gif I've got it safe and sound, and will deliver it to you by Monday at the latest. And I will finally get to post mine along with the super awesome video of AMW, partial Don't Ask, full ELO, and Damian's venture into the crowd and his kick onto my knee (which I still have a bruise from, thanks Damian).
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Mar 17 2007, 02:13 PM)
    tdog, I don't know if I'm as pushy as Sheri, but my guess is probably not. I'm usually too polite. I usually need someone to push me, too, but I'm learning to be more bold when it comes to these things. I must be somewhere between you and sheri on the pushy-polite spectrum.

Don't worry, Suzanne, I can push you! Then, you can push Jennifer. But Sheri will probably have to give me a little push at first...Goodness, people! Keep your hands to yourself!

I'm waayyy to excited for 16 days away! wacko.gif
  • QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Mar 17 2007, 12:45 PM)
    Don't worry, Suzanne, I can push you! Then, you can push Jennifer. But Sheri will probably have to give me a little push at first...Goodness, people! Keep your hands to yourself!

I'm waayyy to excited for 16 days away! wacko.gif

You're not overly excited, because I am foaming at the mouth. laugh.gif
  • Gah!!! I'm not pushy!

unsure.gif

Seriously, I don't think I'm pushy. I know pushy people and I fucking can't stand them. In these situations, meeting the guys, I seem to lose inhibition rather than gain it (which is fortunate for me), but it's not like I'm going up and ... well, treating them like stripper poles.

As far as the literal pushing, it's a gentle push. (Right?)

I was sheepish and cautious going up to Andy after he missed that shot at pool. I let some time go by and sort of crawled up to him and said, "Will it piss you off if I ask you a question right now?" lol ... I guess if I had been that sheepish I wouldn't have gone up to him at all and left the guy alone. I'm a freak.
  • Oh, and Jennifer has a *great* video of the dance. I imagine the rest of her vids are awesome as well. Yay, stuff to look forward to!

He really got you (that bruise). I was surprised there was actually a mark that night. Psychological AND physical abuse! Dastardly.
  • You guys have the perfect amount of push. That's why the boys aren't insulted by you or try to stay away from you. If you were really pushy, they'd scream and run for shelter somewhere. laugh.gif

Ah great, now Roachie's expecting a stretch limo to come his way. Lol. Gah, I wanna go too!
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Mar 17 2007, 11:41 AM)
    Damian's venture into the crowd and his kick onto my knee (which I still have a bruise from, thanks Damian).

Ooo! Ooo! Take a picture of the bruise and sell it on ebay.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 17 2007, 09:33 PM)
    Ooo! Ooo! Take a picture of the bruise and sell it on ebay.

Maybe the people who caught Damian's cold should drink out of a cup and then put the cup on ebay?

;-)