In this Discussion

the official "canada is amazing" thread

Comments

• it was snowing here, but it should be warmish tomorrow
  • i miss snow! It's 90 degrees here. Wanna trade?
  • we had snow yesterday!

therefore we are nearly as "cool" as "canada"
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Mar 13 2007, 05:39 PM)
    How is that gross? Do you eat french fries without ketchup?

thats so gross. blink.gif

EWW

and yes, i eat my french fries with ketchup..but its not powdery shit like that. laugh.gif

but hey, i could love them and not know it. so, lets not get all stuffy about it, k?
  • I'm up to my ankles in snow... didn't they say it would be warm today? dry.gif I want my sunshine. BOO, CANADA.
  • boo only to the fact that i have to do a damn lab and probably wont be able to go out and enjoy the snow today... tomorrow it will probably be gone blink.gif

i hope yall made at least one snowman this year wink.gif
  • man the only place i've been in canada is toronto, and that was ages ago so i don't really remember anything.
    my parents went to vancouver area last year i think.. and some place called whislter?? they said it was beautiful, hope i can visit sometime!
  • QUOTE (meliswilis @ Mar 19 2007, 01:53 PM)
    thats so gross. blink.gif
    EWW
    and yes, i eat my french fries with ketchup..but its not powdery shit like that. laugh.gif
    but hey, i could love them and not know it. so, lets not get all stuffy about it, k?

i'm sorry, that sounded really rude.. sad.gif i didn't mean for it to sound so cold. i was just trying to say that i can't imagine the taste of powdered ketchup and that i do eat ketchup with my french fries. and anyway, i don't really like potato chips to start with.

please forgive me and my random outburst of stupidity.
  • Nah, don't worry about it. I used to be weirded out by them because I didn't understand why they tasted kind of spicy, but then somebody mentioned how its just like crispy french fries with ketchup and now they don't seem as strange. I still don't get why we're the only country that has them, though. I mean, I'm not sure how many people associate Canada with ketchup lovers.
  • now i'd like to try some...they sound sort of fun.

hah

thanks for understanding i'm not really a bitch.

happy.gif
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Mar 19 2007, 08:25 PM)
    Nah, don't worry about it. I used to be weirded out by them because I didn't understand why they tasted kind of spicy, but then somebody mentioned how its just like crispy french fries with ketchup and now they don't seem as strange. I still don't get why we're the only country that has them, though. I mean, I'm not sure how many people associate Canada with ketchup lovers.

They sound kinda odd to me too... =S

In Britain, we have this thing about Marmite, which you can only buy in ridiculously small and expensive jars in the US (I dunno about Canada - are you open to the marvels of Marmite???). It's this yeast extract goo that you spread on toast or have in sandwiches, really bitter but gorgeous.

ANYWAY the reason I mentioned it is that there are now Marmite potato chips.
    They scare me immensely. blink.gif

And we have snow in London!
    It's crap snow tho.

I like the sound of Canada. Milk in a bag and the metric system - what more could you want??
  • Im the only one in my family who doesnt pefer ketchup to bbq. ya we have vegi/marmite. i dont really dig it. my parents used to scare us with it.
  • as a good friend once said "canada has had it too good for too long"
  • we havent had it nearly as good as we deserve... damn yanks
  • i like yanks!
    ... wait that doesnt sound right...

people always say that canadians are so polite, but from my experience comparing new yorkers to torontarians.... new yorkers are way more friendly.
  • Well, the rest of Canada usually says that Toronto thinks they're New York.

'Tis why "Toronto Sucks" was written!
  • no way. Toronto could never be new york... Its a good city... but no, never as amazing and known as new york.

And I'm torontonian... see! I don't think it! stop saying we suck.

... Leafs suck...
  • another reason why we rule:

STEVEN COLBERT DAY IN OSHAWA TODAY!!!! WOOT WOOT!

.. now go eat some americlone dream and watch the Colbert report...
    heheh and i kinda wish i was in oshawa right now so that i could go to this : http://www.oshawa.ca/colbert/
  • the leafs suck.
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Mar 20 2007, 08:24 AM)
    people always say that canadians are so polite, but from my experience comparing new yorkers to torontarians.... new yorkers are way more friendly.

Woah, are Torontarians that bad?! blink.gif