In this Discussion

Wierd Phobias.

edited November -1 in General Discussion
hey i was just cleaning out my fridge and i found some old leftovers from like two weeks ago and i freaked out because it had MOLD!!

so i was just wondering if any one else had a not-so-common phobia they would like to share.

PS: i apoligize in advance if this is all ready a topic but i have dial up and there are like 21 pages of topics...

Comments

• escalators
    oooo
    they're so freaky blink.gif
  • Walking out of a store with something in my hand and having the alarms go off mellow.gif That is my worst fear. EVER

I was a compulsive kleptomaniac when I was a kid.
  • I have a lot of irrational fears about things that would embarrass me. Like being *that kid* who pukes in the middle of class when they're sick. I would diiieee.
  • Fish.

I'm not sure how irrational that is, because big fish probably scare everyone. But fish, yeah... I have nightmares about fish.
  • so im not the only one... yay?...

i would also like to include elevators ever since i watched that movie Speed in that first scene... and Final Destination because i constantly think of ways of possibly dying....
  • QUOTE (just janea @ May 7 2007, 02:00 AM)
    so im not the only one... yay?...

i would also like to include elevators ever since i watched that movie Speed in that first scene... and Final Destination because i constantly think of ways of possibly dying....

Oooo, I know what you mean!
    My friend was terrified of elevators
    and i lived in an appartment several floors up.
    Not useful.
  • i hate animals! right down to dogs and cats and the like..

and im extremely terrified of SNAKES! fa;lsdkfaslkdj ahhhhh they totally creep me out.
  • ooo, awesome topic. I'm like you, Amberdino-there's only 1 thing I'm afraid of: dogs. And I don't mean big ones- all of them, even the small ones. I literally start shaking and my heart rate goes up when I come near them. I do know why I'm afraid of them. When I was 4, I was on the swings at the playground and this big dog ran up to me and licked my face- it wasn't a bite, but it was pretty intense for a 4 year old. Then, when I was 5 we moved next door to a man with 7 dogs, including a vicious attack dog he raised to guard his gas station. That attack dog suddenly did his thing while I was blowing bubbles with my cousin outside and she got bit. One of his other dogs, Terrie, would chase my older sister and me while we rode bikes. Later, when I was 10, I was walking home from school with my little sister, and a different dog (not one of the neighbor's) began to chase us. She was 5 at the time, and I was holding her hand while we ran, so she fell in the street and got this awful bloody gash in her knee. We ran all the way home with that dog nearly at our heels- we slammed the door practically in his face.
    Now that I'm not a little kid, my fear is embarrassing. I was walking down the street and this lady had a little dog and I got scared and she laughed and said, "you're afraid of this little puppy?" So yeah, I feel foolish but I can't get over it.
  • I'm quite grossed out and afraid of spiders. I don't necessarily fear clowns, but I do hate them! My friend Riley asked if he could dress up as a giant spider clown. I have no idea what a spider clown is. But I do know that the name "Riley the Spider Clown" is quite creepy! wacko.gif
  • straight up terrified of? spiders and sharks.

annoyed, and absolutely can't stand??? socks and styrofoam

the 4 deadly S's... yeeeeeah
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ May 6 2007, 07:46 PM)
    ooo, awesome topic. I'm like you, Amberdino-there's only 1 thing I'm afraid of: dogs. And I don't mean big ones- all of them, even the small ones. I literally start shaking and my heart rate goes up when I come near them. I do know why I'm afraid of them. When I was 4, I was on the swings at the playground and this big dog ran up to me and licked my face- it wasn't a bite, but it was pretty intense for a 4 year old. Then, when I was 5 we moved next door to a man with 7 dogs, including a vicious attack dog he raised to guard his gas station. That attack dog suddenly did his thing while I was blowing bubbles with my cousin outside and she got bit. One of his other dogs, Terrie, would chase my older sister and me while we rode bikes. Later, when I was 10, I was walking home from school with my little sister, and a different dog (not one of the neighbor's) began to chase us. She was 5 at the time, and I was holding her hand while we ran, so she fell in the street and got this awful bloody gash in her knee. We ran all the way home with that dog nearly at our heels- we slammed the door practically in his face.
    Now that I'm not a little kid, my fear is embarrassing. I was walking down the street and this lady had a little dog and I got scared and she laughed and said, "you're afraid of this little puppy?" So yeah, I feel foolish but I can't get over it.

OMG! thats horrible!!
    someone please explain to me why people don't keep dogs on a leash when they're walking them! geoodd i dont care how trained they are keep them on a damn leash.
    whenever i see a dog, even on a leash i will take an alternate path further away from the dog..
    i like you too dear.. most people dont understand not liking dogs.. they're like OMG DOGS THEY'RE SO CUTE OMG OMG.. and im like EW NO!

my friend says i don't like animals because they're unpredictable.. i think thats true.. i like plans and am not fond of the unknown.. she says i don't like kids because they too are unpredictable.. im not an evil person who hates kids, but i'm sorry i don't like them - i know i used to be one, but hey i was probably annoying too! i've never been good with kids and i dunno i dont like them.. sleep.gif

QUOTE (katieyellow @ May 6 2007, 09:51 PM)
    straight up terrified of? spiders and sharks.
    annoyed, and absolutely can't stand??? socks and styrofoam
    the 4 deadly S's... yeeeeeah

4 deadly S's haha thats witty i like it!

i dont like spiders and sharks either
    all bugs creep me out too!!! gaahh

maybe i am an evil person.. oh dear...
  • I intensely fear clowns. They are the spawn of satan on earth, they're pure evil from the very curls in their rainbow hair to the tips of their pointy shoes!!!
    The sad part is I was never afraid of them as a child. It only started a year ago when a friend told me one of those classic clown urban myths, I still get goosebumps when i hear that one.

Tempe, have you seen/read Stephen King's "It"? It has intense clown hate, I'll never look at Tim Curry the same way!

I can't stand sharks either, in particular Bull Sharks they are so nasty! When i first found out they lived in the river near my place I couldn't sleep coz I was so worried I'd sleep walk down to the boat ramp and then get eaten. blink.gif
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ May 7 2007, 02:00 AM)
    maybe i am an evil person.. oh dear...

No, you're our Amberdino the Awesome!
    And you're right that ppl should keep dogs on leashes. Your comment about kids just made me think of something random- the leashes some people put their kids on.
  • I'm afraid of shower drains. I have no idea why though. blink.gif
  • QUOTE (mundum @ May 7 2007, 09:48 AM)
    I'm afraid of shower drains. I have no idea why though. blink.gif

smile.gif huh, I've never heard that one before. ^^

My cousin is terrified of feathers. She obviously doesn't get along very well with birds (even though her mom owns chickens and turkeys), but even just seeing a loose feather on the floor will make her freak out...
  • I understand the dog thing. My mum is scared of dogs too... I mean when she has to stand them and they are not attacking her she seems ok but I know shes terrified. All those dog related things that happend to you Tabetha are horrible! Anyone would have a phobia of dogs if they went through that. Damn even if dogs are on your property and they are dangerous you should have them on a leash if theres kids around.

QUOTE (mundum @ May 7 2007, 10:48 AM)
    I'm afraid of shower drains. I have no idea why though. blink.gif

you know what? I used to have to shower in one of these stand up shower dealios and the drain would creep me out... but It was also small and congested and I guess I don't like small spaces.

I think i'm on the brink of having a phobia. of insects and such. But my parents make me do all this yard work and its exhausting if you shriek and recoil at every bug. I remember going into the house crying multiple times after being forced to do bug filled chores. I'm a baby yes... but I can't help it.
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ May 7 2007, 03:28 AM)
    I intensely fear clowns. They are the spawn of satan on earth, they're pure evil from the very curls in their rainbow hair to the tips of their pointy shoes!!!
    The sad part is I was never afraid of them as a child. It only started a year ago when a friend told me one of those classic clown urban myths, I still get goosebumps when i hear that one.

Tempe, have you seen/read Stephen King's "It"? It has intense clown hate, I'll never look at Tim Curry the same way!

I can't stand sharks either, in particular Bull Sharks they are so nasty! When i first found out they lived in the river near my place I couldn't sleep coz I was so worried I'd sleep walk down to the boat ramp and then get eaten. blink.gif

me too. i'm so scared of clowns. they come into one of the stores i work at alllll the damn time.... i work at a minor league baseball team pro shop and when its like, kids day or something, its like death day for me b/c of all the clowns. HAAAAAAATE them
  • I haaaaaaate needles.

I can't even watch people get shots on television - don't even get me started about that scene on Pulp Fiction - I screamed in the theater the first time I saw it.

Whenever I give blood, I get so pale the workers think I'm going to pass out. Hate them.
  • phones... more so, making a phone call, i have severe anxiety attacks anytime i have to make a call... i get a little nervous when someone calls me, but i can usually bring myself to pick up the phone and be fine... but making a phone call is like a 20 minute effort (anxiety attack, calm self down, mini anxiety attack, dial number, hang up, calm self down, try and call again....)
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ May 7 2007, 04:12 PM)
    phones... more so, making a phone call, i have severe anxiety attacks anytime i have to make a call... i get a little nervous when someone calls me, but i can usually bring myself to pick up the phone and be fine... but making a phone call is like a 20 minute effort (anxiety attack, calm self down, mini anxiety attack, dial number, hang up, calm self down, try and call again....)

Oh my gosh, darbie, I have that, too! I'm a really visual person, and I think I have some sort of deficiency over the phone because of it. Have you ever had to write down what you were going to say before you called someone, just to make sure you didn't forget it out of nervousness?

The really wierd part is that I'm a public speaker, so I talk all day long. Just can't do it over the phone. I wish everyone worked through email, don't you?