In this Discussion

MA show!

Comments

• this has turned into one of my fave threads... i dont even need to say anything i just read and picture life in OK Go-land living under Lord Nordwind/King Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore and listening to This Konopka Life... etc. etc.

I LOVE YARDWORK!!! Raking leaves, gardening (i suck at it...), playing. I am really good at playing outside... I'd rather be outside than scrubbing the kitchen floor or the toilet. So I can do that. LoL
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Jun 26 2007, 02:46 PM)
    And wait a sec - are we feeling sorry for Damian's wife? As in the woman married to Damian Kulash?
    *sigh* I don't understand you people.... I think she's got a pretty sweet deal, to be honest... tongue.gif

Well, yes, you've got an excellent point. ::Blushes:: But I still don't think that her sweet deal should necessarily include hosting a fan convention. I still have to feel bad for her on a few points.

Edit, 3:45: And looking back on this post, I'd like to state that the irony of my statements being right next to a picture of me darn near *CUDDLING* The Kulash is not lost on me.
  • ^^ Haha, fair point! I guess sheer jealousy clouds my judgment sometimes... Mrs K, if you're reading this, I apologize!

QUOTE (DJRose @ Jun 26 2007, 04:06 AM)
    Darlings I say we take a CRUISE.

I love you for this quote. Say it in a British accent and it sounds sooooo great biggrin.gif

And I love this whole kingdom run by Lord Nordwind and King Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore and all that snazz. Do boards people get automatic residency or do we have to apply somewhere...?
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Jun 26 2007, 03:22 PM)
    ^^ Haha, fair point! I guess sheer jealousy clouds my judgment sometimes... Mrs K, if you're reading this, I apologize!
    I love you for this quote. Say it in a British accent and it sounds sooooo great biggrin.gif

And I love this whole kingdom run by Lord Nordwind and King Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore and all that snazz. Do boards people get automatic residency or do we have to apply somewhere...?

I'll make a video of me saying it in an accent for you. Heck, maybe even a FEW accents. :-D Now I have a camera with sound there is NO stopping me! LOL!!

I say there's a definite right of return to OKGoland for boardies. Or if your Mom's a boardie. But if your Dad's a boardie, you've got to prove your boardie worthiness. And that joke is completely lost on 90% of its readers, but I don't care. biggrin.gif
  • Oh wow!! YAY!! Lots of accents biggrin.gif
    Russian would be good, I reckon.

HAHAHAHAH!!! What's the OKGoland version of a bar/bat mitzvah?
    You have to rescue all the band members on the driving game, no matter how long it takes you, to prove your dedication...
  • *giggle*
    This is all so adorable!! I would totally live in OKGo-land, even if it is in Antarctica (and I hate the cold!).

So which song do we adopt as our national anthem?

Edit, 3:45: And looking back on this post, I'd like to state that the irony of my statements being right next to a picture of me darn near *CUDDLING* The Kulash is not lost on me.

This actually made me laugh out loud, something that rarely happens! smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Jun 26 2007, 01:17 AM)
    and for a time, was also one of those "Damianiacs" herself

?!!!??????!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????/!?!?!>?????

Seriously?
  • QUOTE (LolaBert @ Jun 27 2007, 05:57 AM)

ooo.... good question!!

I can't even begin to pick just one song that would sum up everything..... gosh.

Now I'm gonna be up all night trying to puzzle out an answer.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Jun 27 2007, 08:44 PM)
    ?!!!??????!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????/!?!?!>?????

Seriously?

Well, she wasn't one of those "OHMAGAWDHE'SSOHOT!!" people. I'm sure the lovely couple doesn't want the full details of their relationship available for the world to see, so I'll refrain from getting too specific, but they did meet at a show.
  • QUOTE (LolaBert @ Jun 27 2007, 04:57 AM)
    *giggle*
    This is all so adorable!! I would totally live in OKGo-land, even if it is in Antarctica (and I hate the cold!).

"You're so damn hot"

Because then we can be like Iceland and Greenland and confuse the hell out of everyone who doesn't know their Norse history.

And like I said before, all this global warming junk will take care of the cold. Before it iced over, Antarctica had temperate climates and was a lot like modern day Florida, sans the crazy humidity.

edit: sorry, double post!
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Jun 28 2007, 05:01 PM)
    Well, she wasn't one of those "OHMAGAWDHE'SSOHOT!!" people. I'm sure the lovely couple doesn't want the full details of their relationship available for the world to see, so I'll refrain from getting too specific, but they did meet at a show.

Oh Kim, you are to info what ihave7stars is to pictures.
    laugh.gif

I just told my mom this and she went "Oh man, if only he'd met you first!!!"
    Hahahahaha
  • Sally -- I'm so sorry you couldn't enjoy the OK Go awesomeness to its full extent. Now, I'm not the type of person who likes to kick peoples' ass....BUT I WANNA KICK SOME ASS. How can those idiots be that way to you?!?! Grrr! Especially those security guards. I hope they run into a glass door - image

I hope you're not feeling so down anymore image

QUOTE (mumblo @ Jun 25 2007, 08:04 PM)
    I could plant some birds-of-paradise in my backyard. Would that be exotic enough? wink.gif

laugh.gif I'll bring pineapples & coconuts!

QUOTE (DJRose @ Jun 26 2007, 12:49 PM)
    I'll make a video of me saying it in an accent for you. Heck, maybe even a FEW accents. :-D Now I have a camera with sound there is NO stopping me! LOL!!

I'd pay to see this kind of action Rachel. The more accents you try out, the more people from all over the world will be willing to go on that cruise!
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Jun 28 2007, 06:58 PM)
    Sally -- I'm so sorry you couldn't enjoy the OK Go awesomeness to its full extent. Now, I'm not the type of person who likes to kick peoples' ass....BUT I WANNA KICK SOME ASS. How can those idiots be that way to you?!?! Grrr! Especially those security guards. I hope they run into a glass door - image

I hope you're not feeling so down anymore image
    laugh.gif I'll bring pineapples & coconuts!

aaaaw, thank you so much! That glass door facey is hilarious!
    hahaha, for some reason, I'm imagining the "karate chop" part of Dynamite playing in the background as you type.
    And yes, thanks to the good ppl of the OK Garmy (Kim's awesome description), I'm feeling much better. I do wish I could've given the gift, but I'm hoping they headline lots with the third album so I'll get to give it then.
    And Suzanne posted that they've already begun working on the songs (at a hotel! ooo!) so I'm thinking that maybe hopefully the cd won't take too long...
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jun 28 2007, 04:08 PM)
    hahaha, for some reason, I'm imagining the "karate chop" part of Dynamite playing in the background as you type.

ph34r.gif
  • Sally, I'm sorry for you having such a sucky experience. The *exact same thing* happened to me in Columbus last Friday. I was the only person standing and dancing in just about the whole pavilion during OK Go's set. I am a GOOD DANCER, but nonetheless, four girls a few rows ahead of me were laughing at me and one was taking pictures of me with her stupid pink camera phone (even trying to hold it low behind her chair-back, as if I wouldn't notice). GOD. I gave her the finger, as if to say, "I see you, you little ****. Take a picture of this!" They were just mean. It didn't stop me dancing, though. Those little girls have no idea.

Someone else behind me kind of made up for it by saying, "Hey, cool dancing!" as I walked by later. That was nice.

Columbus was not great. I concur that large outdoor pavilions run by LiveNation are often Nazi-like in their commitment to security and un-fun-ness. OK Go played a good set, with as much energy as they could muster, but the crowd was lame and no one stood up until Damian goaded them into it for the last two songs. I'm afraid that this Fray tour just hasn't helped them any, which sucks, especially when they've been ready to be done touring for months now.

The only person I know for a fact to have become a serious OK Go fan as a result of this tour is the guy who plays bass behind The Fray. (long story)

As if that weren't enough, I didn't get to meet any of the band members after the Columbus show, either. A nice supervisor at the venue saw me standing patiently for half an hour as near to the backstage gate as I could get, and he offered to take a message for me. I believe that he did, but who knows whether it reached the guys, or if it did, what the message was by that time, backstage communications being rather like a game of Telephone. In any case, he came back and told me they weren't coming out. He didn't even feel like he could take my copy of my game board in to get Andy to sign it, saying they just didn't want to be bothered. I could understand. Not wanting to be a nuisance, I thanked him sincerely and went back to my seat. So see, it doesn't always happen.

On a lighter note: Put me down for the vacation/cruise/weeklong concert/party at the Chateau Kulash! biggrin.gif I'll do any amount of housework, if that helps. I'm really good at laundry and especially washing dishes! wink.gif I'll bring the Jameson!
  • ^^Hey I think I might have seen you there. Were you wearing a blue tank? If you were then I was behind you but alot further back.

And I agree about the crowd being really lame. My sister and I were the only ones standing up in our whole section. No one gave us a hard time about it, but still. We were in the first row behind the VIP box seats which were THE MOST ANNOYING things ever. No one was even in them so it was kind of weird. And even after Damian told everyone to get up and dance like 5 people did. They didn't really even get into The Fray which was weird because that was who they were there to see anyway...?

But overall I thought the show was good, it was my first one though so its not like I have anything to compare it to haha. And I did get to meet Andy before the show at dinner, long story but heres the picture:

• Yes, I was in a blue tank. I wish I could have met you! Are you willing to tell the dinner story? (here or in a PM) I'm glad you got to meet Andy! What was your favorite part of the show?
  • Yeah that would have been cool. And lets see my favorite part of the show was the Don't Bring Me Down cover. I mean I'm only 15 but I REALLY DO love that song, so I guess I must be nerd haha. Or maybe Do What You Want, it was a great ending and some of the people around me were getting into it lol.

And the dinner story, ok: first off, don't judge me rolleyes.gif haha

Background: My mom, sister and I drove down to Columbus [we live in Toledo] and we decided to stay in a hotel so my mom didnt have to drive back really late because she really hates doing that. We had gone shopping during the day and went back to the hotel room to drop stuff off. We got really bored so we decided to just drive around to waste time unitl the we would leave for the concert. There is this one restraunt that we always go to when we go to Columbus called Quaker Steak and Lube [its has old cars in it and my dad is obsessed with old cars so he always forces us to go haha] so we decided to head over there, which was right across the street fromt he hotel, to get something to eat.

Here we go haha: So we're driving out of the hotel parking lot and crossing the street from the hotel is Andy! I recognized him and had a total freak out [remember this is my first concert]. Then he goes into the restraunt and we do too. We get seated and my mom says that he saw him go to the bar. I didn't want her to do anything embarressing but of course she did. She asked our waitress to go up to the bar and ask him is he was Andy from Ok Go and if he wouldnt mind coming and talking to us or something like that. The waitress came back and said no one answered so I was kind of bummed. A few minutes later I saw him walk by again and my mom asked the waitress if she would ask him. The waitress was EXTREMELY nice by the way so if she ever reads this I thank her a million times again haha.

Ok so the waitress comes back with Andy [I am totally freaking out by now] and he said hi and if we were going to the show and we said yes. It was really awkward as this was my first time meeting any of them and needless to say I was pretty starstruck haha. We asked if we could have a picture and he said yeah if we didnt mind that he was in his running clothes [a gray tshirt and some red Nike pants wub.gif , i didnt mind]. Then our camera which is literally a piece of shit wasnt cooperating and I had to put new batteries in it which was pretty embarresing. But we still managed to get a pic haha.

I realized after we got back to the hotel that I never even introduced myself and my sister never even said a word haha. And the waitresses were all wondering who he was and thought he was the lead singer of The Fray lol! I did feel kind of bad for bothering him but I figured he wouldnt have come over unless he wanted to.

So thats my story, its really long but I guess I just wanted to say everything haha. So what was your favorite part of the concert?
  • Aw, that's a sweet story. I bet Andy didn't expect to be recognized; you probably surprised him. I would have been stunned, too, if I were 15 and having dinner with my family when I met the guitarist of my favorite band!

I don't know what was my favorite moment. Damian said something funny toward the end, so that I gave my friend a "See? I told you" look, but I can't remember what it was. And I know he was looking in my *direction* when he sang "got a body like a battle ax," so I can *imagine* that he was looking at me, even though it very probably wasn't deliberate. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif I do love that line.

Btw, I wonder if Damian really thinks the words are "devastate" and then "decimate" in Invincible. We know that's backwards because we listen to the record all the time, but I doubt he does. laugh.gif

Sally, sorry we hijacked your MA show thread, but Columbus wasn't worth starting one, in my opinion. Katie, we'll have to meet next time.
  • I do remember him saying something pretty funny near the end too, but my memory isnt very great so I'm no use haha.

Oh and I'm sure he was looking at you when he sang that line. wink.gif biggrin.gif

And sorry about the thread overrun too. I agree Columbus really didnt deseve its own thread. It will next time though haha, we will have to meet up, even though it will be forever from now... sad.gif