In this Discussion

No MTV Award nomination

edited November -1 in OK Go
What a joke! Not even for choreography????
I cannot believe it. It should have been in Best Video and won it, hands down.
List of crap

Comments

• Yeah I watched that yesterday in hope that they would be nominated. I was like wow, seriously?
    Best Coreography - Eve, Ciara...?
    But Grammy or VMA? I choose Grammy haha.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Aug 8 2007, 11:23 AM)
    What a joke! Not even for choreography????
    I cannot believe it. It should have been in Best Video and won it, hands down.
    List of crap

that list says everything that is wrong with this country

maybe we should make our own list, I vote for best shoes-Damian
  • wtffffff that's lame.

but i agree w/ kt... grammy smile.gif
  • Haha, evilg biggrin.gif

I guess what gets me is that they were all pro-OK Go a year ago, and everyone and their mother, MTV-related or celebs there, praised them as the highlight of the show when it was all over, and now the thing doesn't even get nominated? For anything? I don't like the sort of pointless whiny bitching I'm doing, but

LAME!
  • ya that's complete crap! does nobody else understand that they freakin danced on treadmills?!?!?!?! And that they are way more awesome than like any else there?!?!?! It's always some stupid people who get nominated, when others (OK Go) should!

but actually being at the VMA's last year, I can tell you that OK Go's performance was far better than everyone elses! It was totally mindblowing!
  • That's just ridiculous. I mean really.
  • I know, guys. I know. But our boys won the Grammy! Which is WAY more prestigious. I'm amazed that MTV even continues to host the VMAs - it's not like they have anything to do with Music Videos anymore.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Aug 8 2007, 03:22 PM)
    I know, guys. I know. But our boys won the Grammy! Which is WAY more prestigious.

So true.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Aug 8 2007, 12:22 PM)
    I know, guys. I know. But our boys won the Grammy! Which is WAY more prestigious. I'm amazed that MTV even continues to host the VMAs - it's not like they have anything to do with Music Videos anymore.

I completely agree.

MTV makes me sick. The only videos they ever play (which they only play from 4 to 9 am) are the ones that got nominated. Shocking.
  • Yeah, the Grammys totally kick VMA ass.

MTV has been shit for years and years and years... but still, I do wish they had been nominated.

Everyone knows they would've won. smile.gif
  • Yeah, Grammy's are def'y the highest form of recognition in these arts. So not getting a VMA is like, "Ah, we didn't get honorable mention. Oh, well, at least we got first place."
  • hahahahahahaha, I just remembered Rusty saying in some interview he was eager to see Justin at the VMAs or the grammys last year...

Rosa smile.gif
  • wait, its been a year already since the last vmas?

my how time flys, feels just like yesterday
  • I was horrified this morning upon hearing the news. Poor OK Go. i think the only worthy nominee was PB&J. but you guys are right. the Grammys are much more important than the VMAs. but really, what's up with the video noms? and plus, all the big names all have like ten noms each. *ahem* sorry for the rant. it just had to be said. happy.gif
  • wow, that makes me really sad

it's prolly cause it came out basically a year ago, which means it's "old" and therefore won't bring in the ratings that the currently-more=popular vids will...

but honestly, you'd think they might get something.

and I never thought I'd say this, but Grammys ftw in this case.
  • Ya know, MTV has sucked royally since about 1989. They wouldn't know new and innovative anymore if it bit them in the arse! It's really ashame, because when MTV first started it was all about music and artistic videos, a truly cool thing.

I say F*** MTV! If they recognized OKGo at this point it'd just be an insult to the guys intelligence.

... I just think that the way the music world works anymore is a little more than completely f'ed up. It's all who's influence you can buy or who's ass you need to kiss to get on a playlist...it's a joke

I'll stop now before I get really out-of-hand.
  • QUOTE (hungrylikethewolf @ Aug 9 2007, 04:40 AM)
    I'll stop now before I get really out-of-hand.

Oh, I wish you'd have gone on. It would be cathartic for me. This topic about puts me into a rage and I start ranting (probably incoherently).

I barely remember the time when I did not hate MTV. It's gotten progressively worse and it's totally transparent: they don't even hide the fact that they push CRAP. Every VeeJay and executive and MTV clerk knows, that out there, people with taste are ridiculing them. I just wager they're hardened to it. That's because there are apparently enough unsophisticated, tone deaf people to make it more easily profitable to keep pushing CRAP. The non-videos segments they have are just another way to twist pop culture into what they want it to be, so the vapid videos they show are able to sell even more CDs. And now we have a whole following who are content to listen to crappy music as long as there are shirtless men, a woman's bare stomach writhing or champagne being poured down some wench's asscrack, or the music sounds hard and macho (if boring), and the musicians wear clothes that comply with the images that MTV wants to push. Was it good when "girl rock" became vogue? Yes and no. There has been a handful of good solid "girl" rockers. But more likely than not, women have to look tame and sweet and sing high and kittenish and have rainbows and tender girlie emotion shooting out their asses. That's what gets them called "artists", and set apart from the half-naked "entertainers". Huh. It all bores me to death and the only way I see of dealing with this pop culture crisis is for people with taste to shame the hell out of people who buy into it. Shame works just as well as sex sells. I'm surprised there hasn't been mass boycotting yet. Enough people are as disappointed as I am--people of all ages, kids and parents and non-parent adults alike. I guess there's just a certain apathy keeping people from doing anything about it. Like, if you're out camping away from access to a shower, at some point you stop noticing that you stink.
  • ^^^^ First of all - OMG Your Sig! HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Secondly. I think you might be glad to know that I think on some level the music industry is starting to realize what they've done. Their sales are plummeting, radio listenership is way down, and many people have switched to their MP3 players or Satellite radio. The radio industry in particular has been in a downright panic for the last 5 years as less and less people will tune into the crap they're pushing. I could expound on this for awhile, but I've got a work-related task that needs doing first.

And finally, what's wrong with singing high and having girly emotion? wink.gif HA! Love ya! (Although, if you'd believe it, one of the criticisms I've gotten is that my voice is too high!)
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Aug 9 2007, 08:31 AM)
    ^^^^ First of all - OMG Your Sig! HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smile.gif some girl named DJRose made it...

You make the best signatures!
  • QUOTE (hungrylikethewolf @ Aug 9 2007, 10:14 AM)
    smile.gif some girl named DJRose made it...

You make the best signatures!

Awwww, thanks Wolfie! I was actually referring to Kareh's sig - that says J0rge's name multiple times. But I must admit that I do love that banner I made. biggrin.gif