In this Discussion

End Love vid thread

Comments

• violetchaos364 said:

LOVE THE GOOSE! Serendipity or were they sneaking breadcrumbs?

Apparently Orange Bill just fell in love with the boys.  Wouldn't you?  She followed them around for 2 whole days.

I'm gonna go visit her this weekend while I'm in LA.  Or at least try to find her in the park.

• Hi OneCheekyHobbit! Epic name AND sig! (Okay, fave hobbit? Book or movie?)  =D

How did the boys sleep AT ALL? What a sleepover! Wonder what they talked about? How icky girls are, the Air Bender movie, uh, what do kids talk about on sleepovers? Especially guys. (I only did one sleepover as a kid, lots in college, though.) Anyway, that's what I thought of when I saw the sleeping bags.

Did anyone else think it would have been cool for them to wear their paint splat colors?

LOVE THE GOOSE! Serendipity or were they sneaking breadcrumbs?

• (Okay, fave hobbit? Book or movie?)

Favorite hobbit is easily Merry.  And I'm a book girl, but I adore the movies. I went around meeting the hobbit actors/other cast at one time. Fun, but expensive!

Thanks for all the welcome notes!  I haven't been on a fourm in a LONG time, seems like you guys have a friendly place!

I like that you see them get something to eat and some coffee after they wake up.  Must have been a difficult shoot, but well worth it!

• After the craptacular day I had, I so needed this video today.

Dear God, thank you for OK Go. Amen.

• Sing it, Sister.
  • I love it so freakin much.  Anyone else get reminded of the Wiggles a bit?  hahaha
  • samanferr! said:I love it so freakin much.  Anyone else get reminded of the Wiggles a bit?  hahaha

Ha! Now that you mention it.

• Hi, everyone! I'm new here Laugh

I'm the person who orignally wrote that "End Love" would be the next video in Wikipedia. Thank god I was right.

Epic goose.Cool I wonder what the next video will be...

• Hi Muse! Welcome!

So I'm taking my next/current editing break, and I need it! Everyone seems to be having trouble today with the concept that "literally" means literally and not "really" or "essentially" or "effectively". Also, it is not a suitable substitution for its linguistic friend, figuratively. Therefore, a piece of recorded music is not capable of literally doing manual labour of any variety, certainly not anything involving acetylene (I mean, I'm all for speculative fiction, but that's not what I'm supposed to be editing.). Today has been full of laughter at the absurd images following the misuse of "literally".  Some days are weird like that. And I know a guy who uses "pseudo" to mean "a little" and "semi" to mean "very"!

I digress… ah, yes! My break involves Hansen's Grapefruit soda (le pop du pamplemousses!) and more sharing the End Love love. Naturally, before sending, posting, and what have you, I have to watch it again. This viewing reminded me that I had wanted to comment earlier on Tim during the introduction from the Bonnaroo stage. Well, not comment, exactly, because …there are no words. I'm going to have to invent one for the way in which Tim subtlely subverts the focus from Damian's Grand Hand Gestures using nothing but his neck! Now, that's talent!

It's eerie and amazing (there's no good new word there. I tried… Ameerie and eerzing don't cut it. Eerazing sounds funny if you use a Bavarian accent, but it's not indicative of what the combination of those two words should be.)! 

• I just wanted to say that I love Dan's hula hoop hips at the 1:12 mark.
  • This caught my attention this morning… I was going though the video frame by frame… like ya do, and noticed this.

Seems Dan is a fan of Ol' Orange Bill. :)

There are some other odd things when you watch it like that.  My favorite being Damian obviously telling Dan where to go when he gets lost. :)   

• I haven't done the frame by frame yet (haven't been able to justify the day or two it will take from my life). But I noticed Dan & OB in the regular viewing. Too cute!
  • One of my best friends lives in Los Angeles.  She is getting married in 6 weeks, and I am her bridesmaid.  This past weekend was her Bachelorette weekend, and therefore, I flew out to LA. 

So since I was in LA, clearly I needed to go to Echo Park.

I'm pretty sure this is where the sleeping bags were.

This is Sam, she's gorgeous and awesome and I love being her bridesmaid.

This is Orange Bill.  I am 95% sure of it.  I have it on good authority that you can tell which one she is because she doesn't hang out with the other geese.

Pretty Birdie.

If you're gonna go, go during daylight and make sure you've visted the bathrooms beforehand. ;-)

• Great photos!

Orange Bill thinks she's people. That's what I've heard.

• Rachel, that's fabulous.  Did Orange Bill follow you around as well?!
  • BeverlEy said:Did Orange Bill follow you around as well?!

No, I'm nowhere near as interesting as the guys are.

So, umm, on Facebook, some asshole just emailed me to say "I see you're trying to win the OK Go ipad, but since you're probably not going to win can you come help me win it?"

I'm so beyond angry at the nerve of him.

• I wonder if the yellow pants Damian is wearing in the End Love vid are the same yellow pants in the pony picture.

Yes, no, maybe so? Pony!

• I don't think they're the same pants. But, I'll tell you something, I usually have a serious negative issue with the colour yellow (always have, must be a past life thing Wink). I can handle a certain sunny shade of yellow if, IF, it's part of a pattern (like a sixties paisley that has a bit of yellow for pop), but I can't stand solid yellow no matter the shade. I won't wear it, and try to avoid it everywhere I can. I've only recently become comfortable with smiley emoticons (even so, were there a green one here, I'd use that instead). I once flew to see a show by a band a guy I used to be involved with is in, and I was late & there was confusion with the security, so I didn't see him until he came out on stage. He was wearing a yellow T-shirt. After the show, I was unable to touch him when he tried to give me a hug. Even after he changed his clothes, I took a while to relax. It's weird, I know. It's illogical and annoying. BUT...

...It puzzles me that I have no such aversion to Damian in yellow. It might be different in person, but I don't think so. Somehow the music ameliorates the problem.

@Rachel. I can't believe that. What a jerk.

• I found this video on YouTube a minute ago!!

"This is C " "NN" "C" "NN "C" "NN" "C" "NN" ... Tim and Damian are c r a z y ! :D

btw I LOVE End Love!! ♥ The song as such is soo loevly and the video is amazing! (Orange Bill for president!) ;)