In this Discussion

Introductions

Comments

• Hiya Silvia!!!

And Skylar (even though I already "praised your name" on another thread, TG42)!!!

The more the merrier, stay and play and have fun!

• You're a geek... named Skylar... just checking, you don't have a thing for clocks, do you? ;-) (Heroes reference)

Welcome Skylar and Silvia!  We're glad to have you!

• DJRose said:

You're a geek... named Skylar... just checking, you don't have a thing for clocks, do you? ;-) (Heroes reference)

Laugh

• Okay, it's probably about time I come out of the woodwork and quit lurking, too.  >_>

My name is Alicia, or Al for short, and I've liked the band for a while but only recently become a real fan.  I've had the self-titled album since it originally came out, as I was working at a record store then and was prompted by the play we gave it in-store to buy it for myself for home.  But hearing it so often at work kept me from really spinning it at home often, and I ended up burning a couple of my favorite songs to my computer and forgetting it.  Ugh, me and my distractability...  I still tracked all of the video releases and always recognized them and celebrated a little when I heard them in movies or games, but that little switch in my brain just didn't want to click.

When Of the Blue Colour of the Sky came out, though, I was instantly in love.  I have a terrible habit of listening to nothing but a single CD or set of CDs by the same artist obsessively for weeks in a row and driving my poor husband completely nuts with it, and Of the Blue Colour of the Sky was on repeat for more than three months.  Somehow, my husband was totally okay with this.  After that, I finally went back to OK Go, and rediscovered what an amazing album it was and started kicking myself for letting it collect dust for so long.

Since then, I've picked up and sufficiently broken in Oh No, watched and rewatched the videos over and over, and have been dwelling here on the boards and eating up interviews, pics, and the general sense of community.  Oh, and voting (phew).  I probably would have jumped in sooner if I felt I had more to contribute, but since they're coming here in concert (SLC) in a couple of weeks, I may actually be able to add a thing or two of substance! 

I expect I'll probably be sparing still, but with the other new faces gathering the courage to say something, I thought I'd better, too.  And now I finally get all the math jokes...  20.

• What I like best about you already, Al, is that your screenname suggests that you're a terrible typist, and then you come out with that beautifully written intro.  Welcome! ;-)
  • Lmao, no, no thing for clocks.  Although oldschool pocket watches are pretty awesome.  :O

Heh, it's funny, a kid in my class kept teasing me about that.. then I was all "No Sylar.. if we're gonna go with that actor, SPOCK."  That went on for a long time.. pretty much ever day in English.  >>

• He was so amazing as Spock.  I went to see that movie like 3 times in the theater.
  • Lmao, right?  I own it now.  xD
  • Aw, thanks for such a warm welcome! Haha, I'd been so nervous about posting anything because you all seem so close-knit, it was a little intimidating. And I finally understood the math jokes, too. (I would have quoted that, but my computer skills are kind of disappointing at times)
  • Thanks, Rose!

Silvia, I guess that's the benefit of saying hello, eh?  :D  Thanks for doing so first, you and Skylar both.  It made it much easier for me to man up, too.

As for Sylar, I completely agree with you guys.  When I first heard he was playing Spock, I was going, "Oh, gosh, really...?"  My dad and my grandma are such big Trekkies, I grew up watching Leonard Nimoy and I just couldn't wrap my head around it.  I mean, he was Sylar; Sylar is gonna be Spock??  But then I saw him in the movie and I was so impressed.  He did an absolutely amazing job.  My dad and grandma approved, too, by the way.  ;)

• No problem, Al. Haha, I'm glad I could be of some help. I was very thankful that I found this thread, so I know what you mean. It's a much less intimidating process when you're not the only newbie around, haha.
  • Good grief, I have 350+ posts - I'm so not a newbie anymore.

Hi TipoDeemin! Dive right in! I was new back in March and was welcomed with open arms. Laugh

Spock in Star Trek (2009) - dreammmmy. And awesome. And, wow.

• Hi...

I just go by, at least here, by my username(Chips), and I have been a fan of OK Go for about a year.  I've transposed a few of their songs to the ukulele, but I primarily play guitar.  White Knuckles is hard to play...
  • Hi, Chips! Welcome!

That's so cool that you play the ukulele. Laugh I'd love to hear an OK Go song on a ukulele!
  • Welcome, Chips! :-)
  • Welcome to the boards, Chips.  :)
  • Hello all!  I thought I would quit being a creeper on here and actually start joining the conversations.  I hope to get to know you all!  Not much to say about me.  I just went back to school to become a dental hygientist, so that takes up majority of my time.  Other than that, I love music.  I'm pretty two deminsional. Wink
  • Welcome, NinjaCat! I love your name, haha. Laugh

I think you'll find that once you start posting, it's lots of fun and the boardies are very nice people.

Oh, and congratulations on going back to school!
  • NinjaCat, welcome!  We already have a Dentist on the boards (Tempe Arizona), the two of you should team up!
  • Thanks for the warm welcome!!  I need to now work on getting my number of posts in the double digits! Wink