In this Discussion

Boardie White Knuckles Video Idea/Project

edited November -1 in OK Go

HEY, an idea germinated on the Next Boardie Meet Up thread and I'm running with it, how about you? Please refer to original thread, too.

http://www.okgo.net/community/.....e-meet-up/

So far, the idea is (ideas are), those who are interested will be filming a clip of themselves dancing to "White Knuckles" with 80's inspired garb/hair in front of a blue background (blue for "Of the Blue Colour of the Sky"), ala the "Don't Ask Me" dance booth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....4K0d3D2zug

A funny thing happened on the way to borrowing the camera, and it ends up to be a good explaination of what the project is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....r_embedded

Here's my clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....yAclnFJ5DY

NOW, we need our volunteer editors help here, because I surely can't edit! (I even have to give the camera back tomorrow!)

ALSO - If I have anything incorrect here or I've missed something or misunderstood something or way off base anywhere - please speak up!!

WHO'S IN?!?! (remember, the more people, the less file of ME, yay!)

(btw, Why do this? Why not? Plus, I was thinking that the next Boardie to see the guys could give the video to them ON A USB!!)

Comments

• Oh goody!  A collab video!  I would love to participate!  Is there a deadline for video submission, and is it ok to post it to YouTube with a link here, or is there some other way to submit video?  Also, kudos for bravely posting your example video - I'm inspired!

Yikes, I lived through the 80's (born in '74, no less!) so I will have to dig out old pictures of me for ideas. *gulp*  Thanks for the invitation to participate. :)

• autumnraina said:

Oh goody!  A collab video!  I would love to participate!  Is there a deadline for video submission, and is it ok to post it to YouTube with a link here, or is there some other way to submit video?  Also, kudos for bravely posting your example video - I'm inspired!

Yikes, I lived through the 80's (born in '74, no less!) so I will have to dig out old pictures of me for ideas. *gulp*  Thanks for the invitation to participate. :)

It's OK to post your video here :)

To be honest I dont really think we have a deadline until someone on here says they'll edit for us (I'm thinking grapies is doing it but we haven't heard from them for a bit)

I can't wait to do this :D:D

• autumnraina said:

I arrived here on this earth 09/09/1974! I have an older sister that I watched go through the 80's..

squashedbanana said:

To be honest I dont really think we have a deadline until someone on here says they'll edit for us (I'm thinking grapies is doing it but we haven't heard from them for a bit)

Yeah, it would depend on our lovely, soon to be coerced editor, whosoever she may be, re: deadlines. I would say let's at least get the clips done before July, just so this project doesn't live in the larval stage for the length of time of a typical OK Go tour.

• Hi, all. I'd be honored to edit the footage together- your ideas are all really awesome.

As for deadline, I think it depends on who will give the video to the guys, like at a concert or something on a USB as someone suggested. Then someone could decorarate a box or something to present it in. So whoever plans to see them this summer.

Unless you wanna just email it to the guys, i don't know.

But you can send me your footage at lina_summer(at)yahoo.com because youtube might detract quality. If it's big, you can send it thru yousendit.com

The guys will love this :-)

• Grapies!!!

Awesome-sauce

I think it'd be a better idea for someone to give the guys the USB in person :)

Edit:

By the way...are we putting our board names on the sheet of paper along with where we're from?

• Thanks Grapies!!!

Oh, shoot, yeah, the board names on the sheets of paper is a good idea!!!

• Hey, I think the best time and place to give the guys the USB would be in NEW YORK when so many Boardies will be there! And us unfortunate souls would be represented. =D
  • Wait, the 80's thing is news to me.
  • Just another idea that popped up. I didn't go extreme 80's on mine, I just picked up a gray sweatshirt at the Salvation Army, had a friend cut it up ala Flashdance, and wore a tank underneath. No worries if someone isn't into dressing or hair do-ing 80s-ish. I think the key would to keep the dance booth "look" I guess you would say, like the original.

Input anyone? =D

• Hey guys, I told the band about this idea this weekend and they think it's awesome. If it gets off the ground here and a lot of footage gets shot, they may be able to help with some editing. I might even try to convince them to contribute some dance moves (in cognito?) as well...Just FYI.
  • mikerosenthal said:Hey guys, I told the band about this idea this weekend and they think it's awesome. If it gets off the ground here and a lot of footage gets shot, they may be able to help with some editing. I might even try to convince them to contribute some dance moves (in cognito?) as well…Just FYI.

haha! awesome-sauce!!

If they were editting the video…I…like…er…that would be embarrasing as I cannot dance and the thought of seeing the video of me dancing would make me blush soooo badly (and hyperventilate)! (anyone else think this too?) and anyways, grapies is doing the editting :P woooo! go grapies!!!

I tried to film my bit for the video but…epic fail.

And I have a few outfits I could wear for the video such as this floral dress or an OK Go t-shirt I designed…so…yeah (BUT the t-shirt does say FACERAPE! on the back...a story for another time perhaps?)

Lastly, the idea of getting them to dance in our video would be BAD-ASS!

(math equals 24 :( I will get 23 one day!)

• wow, that's so cool! If this becomes an official band project, I'm sure the band has a way more qualified video editing team than me doing it, lol. Does this mean it would become like an official music video?
  • *strokes imaginary beard*

hmmm that does sound like a bad ass idea now that you mention it

there would be two videos for white knuckles then?! wooo!

Edit: just got my friend to dance with me!! double woo!

• Uhm. Pardon the language, but it is a movie quote: Shit just got real.

Math = 22 - SOooo close

• mikerosenthal said:Hey guys, I told the band about this idea this weekend and they think it's awesome. If it gets off the ground here and a lot of footage gets shot, they may be able to help with some editing. I might even try to convince them to contribute some dance moves (in cognito?) as well...Just FYI.

That is fantastic! I would be pretty excited by some OK Go dance move contributions. 

• Wow. Just. Wow.

Mike, that is all kinds of awesome. Thanks so much for all that you do!

• Unbelievable!

Thank you Mike!

Boardies,

Technical question here:

Should we determine how far the camera should be from us/the background so that our individual videos have a cohesive look? I'm not sure if that's something that can be edited after the fact. And does it matter? Grapies, any input???

Becky, why didn't we find time to do this when we were together? Darn! I so don't want to be on camera by myself. I may have to enlist my boy, Kennedy.

• Wow, Mike.  That's just amazing. Thank you!

Does this make anyone else love those boys more?  Because that's how I feel right now.

Debbie, I don't think it's something that can be edited all that well.  I think we should keep it as close to the frame of the original dance booth as possible.  Or just go off the videos that have already been done and try to keep it similar to that frame.

• Snack_Cakes said:

Becky, why didn't we find time to do this when we were together? Darn! I so don't want to be on camera by myself. I may have to enlist my boy, Kennedy.

I know, really. But there was that whole space shuttle thing, traveling, going to a show, going to Downtown Disney, traveling some more, going to another show and um, sleeping. I guess we coulda cut out some of the sleeping bit as it's totally overrated.

• My vid can be just an example - ha, I just tried to look at it again and I just COULDN'T watch it! >shudder<

Any changes/ideas wanted/desired/re-framed?

Perhaps we could simplify things to:

1.Dance in front of a solid blue (any blue) color

2. to White Knuckles

3. Frame it as close to the framing on the original dance booth vid

4. Wear what you want

and...

5. send vid to Grapies? (Lucky you, oh volunteer, btw, welcome to the boards!) Post here for now? Post the link for your vid here for now? Post here and send to Grapies?

Let's have an arbitrary deadline of July 15 to get the vids done and posted or emailed wherever they need to be sent. I just wouldn't want this cool idea to kinda fade away into the ether and six weeks would hopefully will give plenty of time for people to do what you want.

Just throwing out ideas here.

P.S. I did this and embarrassed myself - you can too!