In this Discussion

OK Go Holiday Presents?

edited November -1 in OK Go

Ok, we all know that at least a lot of us got them.  OK Go related christmas/chanukah/anything else you may celebrate presents.  I think it's be fun to make lists.

For example, mine:

OK Go sweatshirt (a size too small, but I'll exchange it) :D

OK Go Spring Tour poster (Lammme.. the half of hte concert I went to that's on the poster is the half I wasn't in.. still.  xD)

Turntalbe (Like.. record player).

But hold up, a turntable isn't OK Go related...

Ohwait.  Skylar got Of The Blur Color of the Sky, vinyl style.  Alright, so I had to search for it myself.. and order it myself.. after I found out I got a record player.> BUT WAIT.  Ebay has one copy - signed and costing $345.  As fantastic as that would be, I can't really afford that.  Merchdirect is sold out.  Even the band don't have a copy.  I had to order a copy from across the country from a store that only had one. copy. left.  Wadduppp.  ;)

So I'm kinda excited for that one.  Yaknowsss.  :))))

Now that I've ranted for an unnecessarily long amount of time.. anything good fer you all?

Comments

• Not a thing.  :-(

But then, I really have all the OK Go stuff I need.  I usually buy it for myself as soon as it comes out, LOL!  I did, however, use Chanukah as an excuse to buy Ginny an OK Go dog collar.  She's so little though, that smallest size was still too big for her.  So it will sit on my display shelf.

• I cleaned up.  I got the White Knuckles ultimate package from my husband and the autographed ping pong balls and paper airplane from the Rube Goldberg video from my brother.  All totally unexpected.  They know me so well.  Not too sure what we're going to do with the dog collar as we don't have a dog.  I tried putting it on the cats and they were none too happy.  Guess it will just be a display piece!
  • Like Rachel, I've gotten myself all the OK Go stuff that I've wanted. I wouldn't mind the ping pong balls, but I don't see myself spending that much for them. Meh.

However, I did get an "OK Go bracelet". Eric got me a silver bracelet with some charms on it. The charms are red, yellow, blue, and green. I think I'm gonna pick up the bee to complete the bracelet ;P . Oooh, and now I see that they have letters. Hmmmm, O K G O, for my birthday maybe...

• beckysioux said:

Like Rachel, I've gotten myself all the OK Go stuff that I've wanted. I wouldn't mind the ping pong balls, but I don't see myself spending that much for them. Meh.

However, I did get an "OK Go bracelet". Eric got me a silver bracelet with some charms on it. The charms are red, yellow, blue, and green. I think I'm gonna pick up the bee to complete the bracelet ;P . Oooh, and now I see that they have letters. Hmmmm, O K G O, for my birthday maybe...

Aww, how lovely and thoughtful!

I promised my hubby no OK Go related purchases for the month of November (budget, plus Freakfest AND Milwaukee in October, so was an easy compromise). But I now have the white paint splat T, ENE, and the flip book, courtesy same hubby. Laugh

• My sister's fiance got me an OK Go t-shirt that, frankly, reminds me of the Obama campaigns. Ah, he knows me so well.
  • OK Go merchandise brings me crying memories, for real. can I take this off my chest? Frown

Well, i'm brazilian - that means I have to rely on a gazillion post offices and taxes before I get my stuff. and Brazil makes you pay SO MUCH when you spend money abroad. like, for example, if I spend more than 50 dollars on something, I will have to pay + 60% IN DOLLARS just to get it from the customs. and that is a lot. 

so I CAN'T buy all I want just once, that means paying a lot for shipping - it's kinda expensive for me.

but I decided to go through with it, in order to support my favourite band now that I ACTUALLY HAVE A REAL JOB that pays and I got me an international credit card (YES). I bought the 1st bundle as a xmas present for myself. but it took 2 weeks + a reply from ok go to resolve the issue that I was having with my shopping cart. the promocode was not applying because women's t-shirt are not available for that promo (but merchdirect doesn't say that on there). 

so after a 2 weeks drama, I ordered one of the few they still have on the S size. for men. that'll be huge for me. but who cares, I'LL JUST USE IT AS A DRESS THEN. 

and you know what kills even more? there are not ok go products to buy here for a decent price. like, I can MAYBE find cd's, from a store that orders it mostly from amazon. but then it's the same I pay for ordering at the OK GO store, and at least there I know the money will go directly to them. so yeah, as soon as I pay all these stuff, I will FIRST buy SDR's cd's cuz I don't have it yet - the digital music, I mean - and then I'll try buying the women's tshirt and some other stuff... that will take another month to get here, so yeeah. 

sorry for that, for I talk way too much and that is the reason why one of my best friends sometimes says "You are Damian, you just haven't realized that yet."

• We finally just had our Christmas with my aunt's family. This is one of the things I got. Laugh

The paper is a little crinkly, and I'm pretty sure they spilled something on it, but whatever! I am getting my shirt! And I didn't even expect the pin so yaaaay!

;

• My album finally came yesterday and I'm so. excited.  :DD

This is the first time in a long time I've actually wanted to be at my dad's house.. cuz his is where my turntable is.  :O

Bu thes gone for the weekend.  ;-;

• I'm ^^bumping^^ this thread, as apparently today is the last day to purchase holiday bundles, and I wanted to let folks know that you *can* now buy a women's t-shirt as part of the bundle.

That was frustrating, wasn't it, when Merch Direct was rejecting women's t-shirts as somehow not really t-shirts? I put in a customer support request, and a few days later, just as I was winding up to send them a screamy all-caps rant about sexism, they replied saying that they had fixed the problem. And indeed, if you try to create a bundle now using a women's t-shirt it will work.

Sorta deflated that I didn't get to use my screamy all-caps rant, so I hope you'll bear with me when I get it out of my system thusly: HOLIDAY BUNDLES WITH WOMEN'S T-SHIRTS!!!! RAURGHHH!!!

Thanks, I feel better now. ;-) 

• PemiBlue said:

I'm ^^bumping^^ this thread, as apparently today is the last day to purchase holiday bundles, and I wanted to let folks know that you *can* now buy a women's t-shirt as part of the bundle.

That was frustrating, wasn't it, when Merch Direct was rejecting women's t-shirts as somehow not really t-shirts? I put in a customer support request, and a few days later, just as I was winding up to send them a screamy all-caps rant about sexism, they replied saying that they had fixed the problem. And indeed, if you try to create a bundle now using a women's t-shirt it will work.

Sorta deflated that I didn't get to use my screamy all-caps rant...

Can I express equal frustration?  Not that the bundles didn't work with the women's shirt sizes (because "women's" shirts have an extraordinary tendency to look terrible on me, and I wasn't going to buy a bundle anyway because I already have most of that stuff), but that I didn't get to see the screamy all-caps rant about sexism and t-shirts.  ;-)

• HA HA! Yes, very glad to oblige... but just a moment...

Skylar, dude, how did you get all that extra code in your post over on the USB thread? It's pretty impressive, actually. :-)

I'd like to answer your question there, but maybe your could edit out the extra code before I post and make it so you can't edit any longer? Thanks!

• PemiBlue said:

HA HA! Yes, very glad to oblige... but just a moment...

Skylar, dude, how did you get all that extra code in your post over on the USB thread? It's pretty impressive, actually. :-)

I'd like to answer your question there, but maybe your could edit out the extra code before I post and make it so you can't edit any longer? Thanks!

Oops, I kinda replied already. I guess we get to look at that code forever. Forever. Forever.

Also, as much as I would have loved to purchase one of the holiday bundles, I already had everything that was in them or at least the majority of what was already in them. I suppose that could go into the YKYOW thread, or should it?

Anyway, glad to hear they have the women's shirts available now being it the last day of the sale and all.

• beckysioux said:
    PemiBlue said:

HA HA! Yes, very glad to oblige... but just a moment...

Oops, I kinda replied already. I guess we get to look at that code forever. Forever. Forever.

Also, as much as I would have loved to purchase one of the holiday bundles, I already had everything that was in them or at least the majority of what was already in them. I suppose that could go into the YKYOW thread, or should it?

Anyway, glad to hear they have the women's shirts available now being it the last day of the sale and all.

I like the echo effect you have on "Forever" there. :-) Gives a sense of the depths of eternity. I'm sure an admin >ha-hem< could fix the code if he so chose. I aspire to have a majority of what is in the holiday bundles (and yep that should count as a YKYOW), but so far I do not. So I will be ordering a holiday bundle today, with YES a women's shirt.

But first, I have something to get out of my system—the aformentioned rant (Rachel, you gotta be careful what you ask for):

WHAT IS UP WITH THE FACT THAT WE CAN'T BUY WOMEN'S T-SHIRTS AS PART OF THE HOLIDAY BUNDLES??? IS IT NOT ENOUGH THAT MANY OF THE WOMEN'S T-SHIRTS ARE MORE EXPENSIVE THAN "REGULAR" T-SHIRTS?!!! AND NOW THAT I THINK OF IT, WHAT'S UP WITH THAT? ARE WOMEN SOMEHOW NOT REGULAR OR NORMAL, LIKE HERE ARE THE REGULAR PEOPLE MILLING ABOUT HAPPILY BEING SERVED, AND OVER HERE IN THIS SAD AND NEGLECTED (AND MORE EXPENSIVE) CORNER ARE THE WOMEN?!!! YAH THANKS A LOT BUDDY! IS IT NOT ENOUGH THAT WOMEN'S CLOTHING IS GENERALLY MORE EXPENSIVE THAN MEN'S, AND MORE SHODDILY MADE TO BOOT??? AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE LACK OF ADEQUATE POCKETS ON WOMEN'S PANTS!!! AND THE FACT THAT WOMEN STATISTICALLY GET PAID LESS FOR THE SAME WORK!!!

SO, JUST TO GET THIS STRAIGHT, WOMEN ARE SUPPOSED TO WALK AROUND IN ILL-FITTING SHIRTS, WITH PANTS WITH NO POCKETS TO CARRY OUR WALLETS WHICH DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY IN THEM ANYWAY BECAUSE WE ARE UNDERPAID? YAH, BITE ME, F-WADS!

THAT'S IT, I'M MAKING MY OWN T-SHIRTS AND FROM NOW ON. AND YOU, DEAR MERCHDIRECT, CAN TAKE YOUR HOLIDAY PACKAGES AND SHOVE THEM….

what? oh, I can buy the package after all? oh. that shirt with the guys dancing is awfully cute and…

DAMMIT THIS IS HOW THIS HAPPENS, ISN'T IT?!!!

• That was pretty spectacular.  I seriously laughed out loud.  Adam asked me what was so funny.

TBH, I love OK Go, and I have very cool feelings towards MerchDirect.

The code will be a pox on the face of the boards for all eternity.  Ahem.  Mr. Ross.  Why do you hate editing?

• I see no code.. oO

That's weird.

Sorry.  *blinkblink*

• Don't worry about it! Code happens...
  • PemiBlue said:AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE LACK OF ADEQUATE POCKETS ON WOMEN'S PANTS!!! AND THE FACT THAT WOMEN STATISTICALLY GET PAID LESS FOR THE SAME WORK!!!

SO, JUST TO GET THIS STRAIGHT, WOMEN ARE SUPPOSED TO WALK AROUND IN ILL-FITTING SHIRTS, WITH PANTS WITH NO POCKETS TO CARRY OUR WALLETS WHICH DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY IN THEM ANYWAY BECAUSE WE ARE UNDERPAID? YAH, BITE ME, F-WADS!

THAT'S IT, I'M MAKING MY OWN T-SHIRTS AND FROM NOW ON. AND YOU, DEAR MERCHDIRECT, CAN TAKE YOUR HOLIDAY PACKAGES AND SHOVE THEM….

what? oh, I can buy the package after all? oh. that shirt with the guys dancing is awfully cute and…

LOL'ed SO MUCH especially about the pockets - that's my favorite gripe about them.

((( New Doctor Who people - Wedding dress?? POCKETS??? LaughLaugh )))

I decorated my OK Go shirt for the first concert I went to. Then I felt self conscious and ironically wore other bands T-shirts or my geeky Doctor Who shirt in subsequent concerts.

• PemiBlue said:

WHAT IS UP WITH THE FACT THAT WE CAN'T BUY WOMEN'S T-SHIRTS AS PART OF THE HOLIDAY BUNDLES??? IS IT NOT ENOUGH THAT MANY OF THE WOMEN'S T-SHIRTS ARE MORE EXPENSIVE THAN "REGULAR" T-SHIRTS?!!! AND NOW THAT I THINK OF IT, WHAT'S UP WITH THAT? ARE WOMEN SOMEHOW NOT REGULAR OR NORMAL, LIKE HERE ARE THE REGULAR PEOPLE MILLING ABOUT HAPPILY BEING SERVED, AND OVER HERE IN THIS SAD AND NEGLECTED (AND MORE EXPENSIVE) CORNER ARE THE WOMEN?!!! YAH THANKS A LOT BUDDY! IS IT NOT ENOUGH THAT WOMEN'S CLOTHING IS GENERALLY MORE EXPENSIVE THAN MEN'S, AND MORE SHODDILY MADE TO BOOT??? AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE LACK OF ADEQUATE POCKETS ON WOMEN'S PANTS!!! AND THE FACT THAT WOMEN STATISTICALLY GET PAID LESS FOR THE SAME WORK!!!

That is beautiful! Smile All I did was point out that womens shirts weren't included, which seemed a very grave gaffe given how many possible purchasers and potential gift recipients were bound to be of the female persuasion... Statistically, it was serious oversight, I said.

Yours is much better, and although I am glad you didn't have to send it, I almost wish you did!

• Dude I have one pair of girl's skinnies (They're purple, okay?  Hushup, I know straight guys that wear girl's skinnies too.xP) anywho, point is, I can't stand the pocket thing.  They're tinyyy.. I don't understand how you cope with them.  ><

As far as Donna and wedding dresses, at least the Doctor has TARDIS pockets to make up for it.  xD

• That is one of the most entertaining and accurate all-caps rants I've ever read. Nice one!

In much sadder news, I finally got my green and yellow OK Go shirt today. (That sounds happy, I know. Bear with me.) I've known I was getting it since Christmas, and I've been ridiculously excited about it. So you can imagine how happy I was to finally have it in my hands. And then...I looked at the tag. It's two sizes too big. I put it on over the kind of puffy jacket I was already wearing, and it was still too big. Almost comically. So I can't realistically wear it. And I don't want to tell my aunt that it doesn't fit, because I don't want her to think I don't appreciate the gift. My mom suggested I just buy myself another one, but she of all people should know that I can't afford to. So now I'm just sad. And I'm not quite sure what to do with myself.