In this Discussion

Where the cool kids hang out...

2»

Comments

• dunkgreener said:

Welcome Jimmy! (if I may call you that)

Oh, please don't! I'm not Jimmy or James. Just Jim. That's me. Just Jim. But some of my few close friends do call me Jimbo when they're razzing me!

dunkgreener said:

We're a friendly bunch so I'm sure you'll feel at home in no time. It's always great to have new people discover that awesomeness that is OK Go.

I discovered the awesomeness of their music and videos last year. I was blown away when they had the ba!!s to amicably dump EMI/Capitol for independency. And I'm just now learning the way friendly part, and if you haven't noticed I'm feeling at home already. Surprised

Friendly warning to everyone: I have a very strange/bizzare sense of humor. Consider yourselves warned. Especially when April Fools Day rolls around (my most favorite holiday...after Flag Day which is a week before the summer solstice and right around my birthday). Wink

Who knew a math degree would come in so handy for posting? Hmm...3 + 6 = ?? (grabbing calculator)
  • Lmao, aw man, I dunno whether to be really excited or slightly disappointed that I'm no longer the only male boardie...

Can I still stick by the only ever GAY male boardie?  doessat work?  >>

Kiddingg, kiddinggg.  Welcome, Jim!  :D
  • Totalgeek42 said:

Can I still stick by the only ever GAY male boardie?  doessat work?  >>

Uh...sorry. But hey...don't worry...you've still got 100+ posts of tenure on me. Wink

But hey folks, I'm not into the band for the crush factor. Of course they're handsome young gents and all...just too young for me (sorry guys)...as we say, not my type. Besides I've been happily hitched 22 years this summer.

Just like a zombie, I love them for their BRAINS...delicious creatively juicy brains! And I can't wait to see what they're gonna do next. When I first heard "Gigantic" I swear my head exploded (in a good way).

They've got the best job in the world. Let's see...get up in the morning, play with the dog...work on a song...plan a killer video...play with the dog...throw an awesome concert...time for bed...play with the dog. The entire "check with label if next project is permissible" part is completely missing. More mind explosions!

So I'm just looking for me some more OK Go awesomeness. But if you want, you can still be the only gay male boardie, and I'll just be lil' ol' me!!! LaughCool
  • Hahaha, awww mannn...

And, also, I must point out that while most of us go one about how gorgeous and awesome and much we wanna date everybody in the band (is), I don't think -any- of us are -actually- here for the crush factor.  Gorgeousness is just an added bonus...  ;)

And at least I can still steal first gay male boardie, yes?

*Just waits for Rachel to swoop in and disprove me there too...*
  • Totalgeek42 said:

*Just waits for Rachel to swoop in and disprove me there too...*

I'm not Rachel, but considering how far the Boards go back, I'm certain you're not the first
    gay male Boardie. Just the only active one we have now. :o)
  • Totalgeek42 said:

Gorgeousness is just an added bonus…  ;)

OK…I'll Go with that (PUNNY!)…it's the eye-candy factor at work!

Totalgeek42 said:

*Just waits for Rachel to swoop in and disprove me there too…*

I've learned to watch out for that Rachel…slapped my paw last week! LaughLaugh   Sweet Rachel! Kiss

(P.S. I HATE it when they put my posts in serif font…that's so 90's…)
  • :-(

I can't help it. I have a long memory.  I don't know of any other gay boardies of any sex.  If we had one, they weren't very active in the last 4.5 years.  Although I think everyone here is special in their own way, even if they aren't the first of their sort here. 
  • DJRose said:

Although I think everyone here is special in their own way, even if they aren't the first of their sort here. 

Well put Rachel. One thing I'm not: c-c-c-competitive! Favorite sports include jogging with the dingo, hiking, and curling (well, curling is a competitive sport, but for some strange reason I really enjoy watching it). Wink I even drive at the speed limit and stay in the slow lane as needed! OK...so I'm just weird that way.

• ChristelAdina said:

PemiBlue said:

Really? I would have thought it would be something like "paracadutti"! In the faux Italian of my imagination, "all the fans" might have been "tutti paracadutti." But alas actual Italian does not conform to the rules of my imaginary Italian. I'm glad you looked it up… pack o' paracadute is very good!

All the fans would be tutti fanatici.

Now, I'm thinking about ice cream in upturned parachute-shaped dishes (tutti paracadutti would be a fantastic flavor name!). Laugh

kadjaldadasld;askdflqsdesjkdflsadjfsafdak tutti paracadutti HAHAHAHA love your imaginary Italian, PemiBlue!

Just thought I'd come by to see what y'all are about, so HEY JIM, welcome! 

• I have not been posting enough around here lately. Hello, Jim! Awesome screen name. I am Tempe, dentist to the stars. (Well, I've seen inside Davy Jones and Damian Kulash's mouth anyway.) Became a fan in dental school thanks to some classmates taking me to see an Ok Go show. This week is the anniversary of that occasion. What is the name of your dingo, Jim? (haha, that didn't sound right)
  • Lmao, sweet!  I can pretend to claim the title according to Rachel!

(For the record, I definitely don't actually care.  It's just my own personal inside joke.  I feel like people think I'm being serious and/or searchign for something to make me stand out.. I'm not.  Just something to make me laugh.  >_>)
  • laeticia said:

ChristelAdina said:

PemiBlue said:

Really? I would have thought it would be something like "paracadutti"! In the faux Italian of my imagination, "all the fans" might have been "tutti paracadutti." But alas actual Italian does not conform to the rules of my imaginary Italian. I'm glad you looked it up… pack o' paracadute is very good!

All the fans would be tutti fanatici.

Now, I'm thinking about ice cream in upturned parachute-shaped dishes (tutti paracadutti would be a fantastic flavor name!). Laugh

kadjaldadasld;askdflqsdesjkdflsadjfsafdak tutti paracadutti HAHAHAHA love your imaginary Italian, PemiBlue!

Just thought I'd come by to see what y'all are about, so HEY JIM, welcome! 

Thanks laeticia and all! I'm feeling the warm and fuzzies here!
  • Tempe Arizona said:

What is the name of your dingo, Jim? (haha, that didn't sound right)

Oooh...my love! She's Zoë Sita...her first name means "life" in Greek and her middle name is in honor of the Hindu goddess of grace and beauty. Funny how our pets just seem to grow into their names, eh? Laugh  She's got the body of an Aussie sheepdog, but the paint job of a yellow lab (complete with blond eyelashes). And the manners of an angel. She's been a part of our pack for 10 years, and we're hoping to find a rescue puppy to adopt so she can finally be a mommy. I know she'd be a really great mom.

I volunteer with two local animal rescue organizations, so when White Knuckles came out I knew OK Go was legitimately cool! Rescue and shelter dogs are the BEST dogs!

Thanks for asking! I'm most definitely an animal loving person!