In this Discussion

180/365

edited November -1 in OK Go
A 15-track live album titled 180/365 will be released this summer. Pre-sale is starting in 5 days.

A little more info from the March 15, 2011 newsletter:

Big news, ye loyal fans. A personal concert (for your ears only) is
officially in the works. We made high quality multitrack recordings of
every set from the Fall 2010 tour and now we're having our pick of the
lot professionally mixed, mastered and compiled into Newfangled Album
Form™. The release date is scheduled for this summer. Stay tuned.

I am very excited about this live album. If only because I'm hoping that one of the shows I went to ends up on the album. And they're only choosing 15 tracks out of 100 or so shows. (180 is the number of shows they had in all of 2010, they've only picked tracks from the Fall portion.) The decision making must have been very hard. Well, it'd be hard for me anyway.

I'm really hoping that Chicago makes it into the mix as it is their hometown.

Were you at any of their shows for the Fall 2010 tour? If so, which one(s)?

There will also be bonus tracks. I wonder what they could be.

Comments

• This is so exciting! I can't wait.

I wish I could have gone to one of their shows, but unfortunately I couldn't. This will surely make up for it though. Laugh
  • beckysioux said:

Were you at any of their shows for the Fall 2010 tour? If so, which one(s)?

Only the one in NYC, which they probably won't use.  I remember hearing that they had a lot of problems that night.  That's okay.  It's a good, new excuse to give Damian more of my money!  LOL!
  • I'm certain D will be happy to know you are willingly giving him more of your money :o)

Ya know, I wonder if this will be sold as a CD or just as a USB. That is if they're selling this as a hardcopy at all and not just a download. I also wonder what kind of cover art they'll use. Mayhap something similar to the Spring Tour poster.
    Allergic to whole wheat.
  • Bummer, I wish there had been a Bay Area show during the fall.

But yes, I am excited for this!  They also mentioned new merch and goodies.
  • I am super excited for this. I have no idea where I'm gonna get the money to preorder it, but I'm sure I'll figure something out. No is not an option here.

Would the show in Las Vegas in December count? I'm pretty sure that'd be a winter show rather than a fall one. Either way I don't think they'd use any tracks from that night. I am just not that lucky.
  • Wow, this is really exciting! I can't wait until it comes out, even though I might not be able to get it. Still, this is pretty awesome!

I've only been to one show during the fall, I think. It was the Nokia one in Los Angeles, and the only OK Go concert I've been to. XD I hope they use a track from that, it was a great concert.
  • Can't wait!!! Fall 2010 was my lucky (and way too late) introduction to the magic that is OK Go shows. I first saw them at the Life is Good festival in September, got hooked, and saw a full show at Brandeis 3 weeks later in October, followed by the fab show at the Paradise in December (the day before my birthday!). Don't know if they'll use any of these, especially since the acoustics at the Brandeis gym sucked (but maybe it sounded better through the board).

But as you all say, definitely giving D my money for this regardless!
  • Hey there boardies, Mike here from Paracadute. I wanted to write and let you know the presale for the 180/365 album is live as of about 30 seconds ago. We have a few different packages available for the release, from the digital download of the songs straight on up to the suits off the guys backs. You can see the full package descriptions at http://www.okgo.net but there are some particularly cool items being made available that I want to describe in a bit more detail here. 

The Album - We haven't totally given up on the compact disc yet, and in fact we have found one of the coolest CD cases in the world (in my humble opinion) to distribute this album on. The case is a Tronpak (www.tronpak.com) made by this guy Tron in Sweden and this is the first album ever released in the US on this format. It is 100% recyclable cardboard and folds out in a really cool way...6 panels and then some. 

The Shirt - The t-shirt is based on the album cover. The design of the shirt is inspired by old punk t-shirts, the type you still see knock-offs of in places like Camden Market in London. Black on white, grainy band photo, band name. Simple but classic. The shirt package will also come with a short PDF e-book of exclusive photos from the tour. Not to be confused with The Book (below). 

The Book - The band has been pouring over thousands of photos the last few months and are extremely excited about how this is turning out. This is a beautiful, softcover tour book chock full of behind the scenes photos from tour, approximately 70pgs long, with shots from backstage, onstage, and all the places in between. It includes an introductory text from Damian, Tim, and the photographer, Nathaniel. We are only printing 200 of these, each one editioned and hand signed by the band.

The Suits - Yeah, we're selling the suits off their backs. What can we say. There's only four available (as you might've guessed) so if you need one, grab it early. 

The Bonus Tracks - If you buy any of the packages in the presale you get two additional tracks from tour instantly for free download. Both tracks are from the New Orleans show on November 6th, 2010. 

That's all for now.  

-mike
  • Wow, these are some pretty amazing packages. I'm most likely going to purchase The Book package when I get home tonight. Really excited to see all the pictures from the tour.

Mike, thanks for going a little bit more in depth on exactly what is in the packages. Just seeing the pictures of what's available doesn't always convey the awesomeness that they contain. Especially for the book.

"All physical orders ship with hopes, dreams and FREE OK Go confetti" <--- Love this!

Track listing:

AUDIO TRACKS:

- WTF [Live at Paradise Rock Club: Boston, MA, 12/5/10]
    - Get Over It [Live at The Fox Theater: Boulder, CO, 10/6/10]
    - In The Glass [Live at Club Nokia: Los Angeles, CA, 11/27/10]
    - Invincible [Live at Music Farm: Charleston, SC, 11/3/10]
    - Last Leaf [Live at Port City Music Hall: Portland, ME, 10/20/10]
    - Skyscrapers [Live at Tipitina's Uptown: New Orleans, LA, 11/6/10]
    - Here It Goes Again [Live at The Orange Peel: Ashville, NC, 11/2/10]
    - Back From Kathmandu [Live at Tipitina's Uptown: New Orleans, LA, 11/6/10]
    - A Million Ways [Live at Legends: Notre Dame, IN 10/9/10]
    - Needing/Getting [Live at Club Nokia: Los Angeles, CA, 11/27/10]
    - This Too Shall Pass [Live at Northern Lights: Clifton Park, NY, 10/27/10]
    - All Is Not Lost [Live at St Olaf's: Northfield, MN, 10/8/10]
    - I Want You So Bad I Can't Breathe [Live at Terminal 5: New York, NY, 10/29/10]
    - White Knuckles [Live at the 40 Watt Club: Athens, GA, 11/4/10]
    - Do What You Want [Live at St Olaf's: Northfield, MN, 10/8/10]

I am a wee bit sad that none of the shows I went to made it onto the album. Though I'm sure it's because these tracks sounded infinitely better when mixed and whatnot.
    Allergic to whole wheat.
  • Aw, this makes me wish I weren't broke. Frown

I will make something happen, though. I must have OK Go awesomeness.
  • Time to shift to full-on begging mode. If I'm lucky enough, I might be able to get The Shirt pack. But if there's any time to wish for 800 bucks, it's now.

I'm so glad that two tracks from the Club Nokia concert! I'm so happy I was there.
  • Thanks, Mike, for the detailed descriptions! As Becky said, it makes the awesomeness VERY clear. 

Yay, my Paradise birthday show made it onto the CD! Now to decide... Book or not, book or not?...
  • HO-LEE SHIT.  The SUITS??

LOL!!!  These guys do not fail to amaze.

I seem to remember Rachel saying she skipped the marching band uniform package to wait & see on a package she might like more.  Will this be it?  Cool

Rachel = Blue

Becky = Red

Tdog = Green

?? = Yellow
  • I think I'd be interested in getting the blue suit, if only because I want to see how well the waist band held up to all the gaff tape used on it during the tour.

Also, I pre-ordered The Book package and got the two bonus tracks. Behold the cover art:

I wonder who the lucky fan is in the bottom left corner.
    Allergic to whole wheat.
  • So, the bonus tracks are Return and which other song? :P
  • Alex Benjamin said:

So, the bonus tracks are Return and which other song? :P

I second this question.
  • The bonus tracks are Return (on hand bells) and A Good Idea At The Time (with horn accompaniment, though I can't decipher the name Damian yells out at the end).
    Allergic to whole wheat.
  • beckysioux said:

I think I'd be interested in getting the blue suit, if only because I want to see how well the waist band held up to all the gaff tape used on it during the tour.

Also, I pre-ordered The Book package and got the two bonus tracks. Behold the cover art:

I wonder who the lucky fan is in the bottom left corner.

All of this.  Including the gaffer tape bit.  Yeah. That's totally my reason.

As for the girl in the photo, I'm sure she'll make herself known eventually. 

It's just occurred to me that unless they're sending out the pre-orders to arrive ON 6/21, I will likely not be getting my copy of this until after I come back from Chicago.  Boo-urns, to quote Becky.
  • DJRose said:

It's just occurred to me that unless they're sending out the pre-orders to arrive ON 6/21, I will likely not be getting my copy of this until after I come back from Chicago.  Boo-urns, to quote Becky.

According to my receipt, they're shipping on the 21st. Sorry, dear.

Fun fact: the 21st is the first day of Summer.
    Allergic to whole wheat.
  • So, for kicks, I just tried to buy the blue suit, but it's sold out.  Ok, fess up, who bought it?

Looks like all the other colors are still available at the moment.  Anyone want to place bets on which one sells next?  I wish I could buy the red one. . .