In this Discussion

the office

edited November -1 in General Discussion
has anyone seen this show? it was on bbc last year for just 1 season.....
absolutely brilliant. It's got the same type of humor as curb your enthusiasm, only with british accents and it all takes place in this one office and it's hilarious. You have got to rent it if you haven't seen it. (they definitely carry it at blockbuster)

Comments

• ok. drawn together=funniest shit i have ever seen in my life. the season finale is on tomorrow(wed.) on comedy central at like, 10, i think...check the itmings. that show is CRAZY.

an dno sai, ive never seen that show hahah. but now that i am totally useless, ill sit and watch every show on bravo, cause ever since queer eye started, im liking bravo. before that, it was kind of like c-span, no?
  • The Office is fantastic and the only reason I don't watch loads of it is because I find it actually EMBARRASSING to watch. Know how I mean?
  • yeah, i see what you mean, but it's so hilarious.... tim's definitely my favorite.
  • Ah the office is hilarious! I got a book by Ricky Gervais off my friend for Christmas, it's great! It's called Flanimals, you should get it.
  • I bought it for myself as a Chrismukkah present. It's ridiculously funny.
  • QUOTE (muzik_hippie @ Dec 27 2004, 03:48 PM)
    I bought it for myself as a Chrismukkah present.  It's ridiculously funny.

ahh, i know.. so good.

haha i think my favorite one is when garreth is "invetigating" people about the picture and hes like "in this room i have special..." and tim's like "needs?" "no.... i am a special.." "needs child?" haha
  • has anyone see the show "nighty night"? it doesn't really have anything to do w/ the office but it is a hoot of a british comedy. i think it's on the bravo channel. even less to do with this thread is "significant others" which is not british but is still a hoot. i heart it. smile.gif
  • if you think the office is funny... watch little Britain its fantastic!! biggrin.gif
  • haha

i couldnt get into the office

my brother got me little britain for xmas tho.... and I gotta tell you quoting it when you're drunk makes it a helluva lot more fun.
  • QUOTE (sam_girl @ Dec 22 2004, 02:47 PM)
    The Office is fantastic and the only reason I don't watch loads of it is because I find it actually EMBARRASSING to watch. Know how I mean?

it is, you can't believe how inappropriate david brent is, i can't laugh at stuff like that, it just makes me cringe and think "how the hell can they be SO stupid?"

i think the special needs thing is the only part that has actually made me laugh, that and the stapler in the jelly.

is little britain *really* good? or am i the only person to not like the two biggest british comedies in recent years? that's so odd, i find practically everything amusing to some extent. i guess i'll just stick to monty python

"oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say 'ni' at will to old ladies."

h xxx
  • QUOTE (husna @ Jan 12 2005, 05:16 AM)
    it is, you can't believe how inappropriate david brent is, i can't laugh at stuff like that, it just makes me cringe and think "how the hell can they be SO stupid?"

i think the special needs thing is the only part that has actually made me laugh, that and the stapler in the jelly.

is little britain *really* good? or am i the only person to not like the two biggest british comedies in recent years? that's so odd, i find practically everything amusing to some extent. i guess i'll just stick to monty python

"oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say 'ni' at will to old ladies."

h xxx

"We could use the holy hand grenade!" Monty Python And The Holy Grail, a funny film indeed.
    Little Britain is really good, can't say the same for The Office though, I watched 1 episode and didn't even snigger.
  • Oggy oggy oggy! Oi oi oi!

I adore that show. There were two seasons and a Christmas special that made everything better, and a very intuitive friend gave them all to me. Tim and Dawn were both in Shawn of the Dead, and Tim's going to be Arthur in Hitchhiker's Guide which is going to be freakin' awesome!! (God I'm such a nerd. laugh.gif )
  • QUOTE (atypicaltiffany @ Feb 21 2005, 10:05 PM)
    Tim's going to be Arthur in Hitchhiker's Guide which is going to be freakin' awesome!!  (God I'm such a nerd.  laugh.gif )

I KNOW!!! i was so excited when I found that out!
  • QUOTE (minia @ Feb 22 2005, 05:09 AM)
    I KNOW!!! i was so excited when I found that out!

me tooo! Ah I can't wait to see that film! biggrin.gif
  • NBC is trying to make an American version I got the promo in my email.

(it should work)

http://www.rresults.com/1800134/index.cgi?...806712240501273
  • seeing as im from sunny england...i find it super over-rated as everyone speaks of it like the 2nd coming of....ummm...that person...beckham?

anyways i dont find it as funny as the rest of england find it..
  • anyways...going back on everything i mostly said..i found the american vershon to be great, and less...whatever then the english one
  • The American one was good - I liked the lead guy especially, but it wasn't as good as the British one!
  • The American one is good,

but I was IN LOVE with the British version. It wasn't just funny, but I was totoally engrossed with the Tim/Dawn relationship and how much I couldn't decide if I hated/loved Brent at the end of the 2nd season when they told him they were going to fire him.

"He knows I hate jelly"
  • Carell Rocks!...

Thats all I have to say.